Highway crashes and exit from Superhighway: 1423442KM from anything, help [Q&A CPP-4]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 11:41

egosoft stated they are looking into this but havent been able to reproduce it themselves. It happened to me once I was switching lanes to follow faster and faster ships and i was near full speed when i was ejected from the highway and flung 150km away straight out from the end of the highway into "empty space" luckily it was only 150kms and it only took a few minutes to get back. had it been 1000's of kms like some people reported i would load a save. Ever since i heard of this bug i save every time im about to hope on a highway.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 11:45

this happened to me today for the first time on a blue highway, ship swapping to get faster and i was almost full speed right before i hit the end of the highway and was ejected 150kms straight away from the highway exit. I think it has something to do with the speed at which you are flying? Can someone confirm this or is this happening to people at half throttle or lower as well?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:28

We're aware of this and are already well on the way to fixing it.

rebb

Post by rebb » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:38

Just had this happen too.

I was in a highway ( which cause my system to hitch quite a lot because apparently the game loads the structures of everything, even if you speed by it at breakneck speeds - that seems a bit scary ) and had just missed my destination ( the distance counter went up again ).

When i left the highway and ended up in pitch black "space" with some occasional highway-user-ships flickering in and out and it seemed like i was rotating very fast judging by the lights in the cockpit.

Skorteus
xr

Post by Skorteus » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:44

I too had this happen, I don't recall exactly but my pointer said my next entrance was about 1458218km away. Lost in space!

krazykatboy
x3tc

Post by krazykatboy » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 03:05

Wooow, I've had this happen, but it never threw me that far.

I believe it's an issue with collisions: When a ship is in a highway collisions are... odd. If you get into the slipstreams of some larger ships, you'll probably notice the Skunk is sometimes practically inside of it. This, combined with the fact that when in a highway every ship is going at an almost uniform speed that is impossible outside of the highway results in a ship, such as the Skunk in the slipstream of a slower ship, collies instantly upon both ships exiting and, given their abnormal speed, the 'bounce' distance is catastrophically higher.

However, this isn't taking into account the obscene 'bounce' some physics engines give an item that has nocliped into an object and suddenly had collisions apply to it. You've probably seen that in games like Skyrim, when a character or prop partially phases into an object and proceeds to flail about like wild as the program's trying to figure out what the hell is happening.

Joeliosis
x4

Work around getting stuck in empty space.

Post by Joeliosis » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:40

The new patch says they fixed the bug that "teleports" you into deep space, but just in case
I downloaded a save game editor (for debugging reasons) and it has a field for location.
Download this file,
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350004
works pretty good, seems like you cant modify a savegame more than once without an error popping up. if you want to edit again, make a manual save. Default Shift S

These are the coordinates for my position in a new Free Game.

{20005,31}

Hope that helps.
-=Cmdr Joeliosis=-

Prometheus2010
x3tc

Post by Prometheus2010 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 11:25

HI EgoSoft.... how's the fix going :)

If you still need a storyline save game then let me know as I have one 2 minutes before it happens every single time!

haines
x3tc

Skunk is currently 35508978KM from gate (1.14)

Post by haines » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:53

Zipping along in lane, I move over, and bump, bump, flippity flippity. All black. :o Picture UFJD into a sector with no stars or light...except an odd flickering of ships going by like phantom ships. Not even a goner to bum a ride with. Just to be perverse I did a save there to a free slot.

Any workaround? Silly Q, I know. I'll probably just reload, but it was a rude bump into the void.

B
<Edit>
Some more background. I just completed boarding the ship. I docked with my new ship. Wandering around I saw the countdown to dock with HOA ship. I go to skunk to find an HOA ship...stuck in my ship. It jumps out, I'm in the skunk floating about. Follow guidance, into some trade lane, then bumped into space.
</Edit>

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:19

You have gone... TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!!

So much for this issue being fixed. This was in a normal green highway? Or was it a blue gate thing?

haines
x3tc

Post by haines » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 04:05

Green I believe. I was between 'sectors'.

dsteve7
x4

Post by dsteve7 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 04:11

This happened to me also. I was kicked 4,300,000 km away from the gate. If you go to your crew quarters and then come back to the cockpit your space view will be fixed and you will have a beautiful view of the galaxy from the edge of it. :-)

haines
x3tc

Post by haines » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 14:41

My BS Meter pegged when i saw
beautiful view of the galaxy from the edge of it
but I tried it anyway. Sadly it didn't for me. That would have been cool. :( A goner with a tractor beam would have been nice too. "Tow you back to the nearest station? Donate what you feel it is worth." :D

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 14:52

They fixed this on 1.13 -> "Fixed player occasionally being sent 1000s of km into space on leaving superhighway."

How could they tell this if even the fix is a crap.... oh God.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 15:19

So far I'm not seeing a clear report of someone experiencing this since the patch that fixed it. Can someone explain the exact details of what they were doing when this happened, preferably with a savegame so that we can see it happen? Please note that reports of instances prior to the patch are not relevant.

poupoulou
x3ap

Post by poupoulou » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 17:20

I just had the problem, in a normal (green) highway in DeVries.

I was going to Fervid Corona, alone in the highway, I got kicked out and was 199 000 kms away from Gushing Springs.

I tried to boost all the way to the sun, but I could see that the km count was not decreasing so I quit and reloaded the game.

If this was to happen again, I'd send the savegame to egosoft.

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 17:52

CBJ wrote:So far I'm not seeing a clear report of someone experiencing this since the patch that fixed it. Can someone explain the exact details of what they were doing when this happened, preferably with a savegame so that we can see it happen? Please note that reports of instances prior to the patch are not relevant.
This happens almost every time(on v1.14)

Step by step:

1. Enter to S-Highway
2. Go to crew by, Menu -> Crew
3. Back to cockpit, (faster version) Menu -> Return to Cockpit.
4. While animation entering to cockpit, just jump-out from S-Highway.

P.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 18:00

That's not the same as the problem we fixed, which happened when you reached the end of the highway. We can investigate this new case further now, thanks.

poupoulou
x3ap

Post by poupoulou » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 18:11

Thanks Bufi, if I recall well I was also messing around with the crew menu.

And I got kicked out of the highway when I was still in it as well.

Hopscotch
x4

Uodate 1.16 - Crashing while exiting highways

Post by Hopscotch » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 14:29

I started a new campaign with the new patch and I've crashed 3 times while exiting highways before I got to my Rahanas. Before this patch I got maybe 4-5 of these crashes my 48 hours of playing it.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”