Highway crashes and exit from Superhighway: 1423442KM from anything, help [Q&A CPP-4]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eXodL

Post by eXodL » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:32

Still crashes after 1.17, now in superhighways, so the game is yet again unplayable.

dumps

Edit: Does anyone have a fresh UIdata (fresh game installation) that they can upload?
Last edited by eXodL on Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.

ZoiN
x4

Post by ZoiN » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:41

I diddent play at all in 1.16, but thought I try out patch 1.17 - so I started a new Free Mode game, and every single time I get into The Big Empty, through the normal highway, game crashes with no dump file generation (Actually my game stopped producing crash dump files after a while, and havent seen any for nearly 5 days now :/)

- Obviously I don't know if its just bad luck or what it is, but It certainly renders me incapable of escaping the sector :/

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:46

egena wrote:Bufi, can I ask you what PC you have?
Nothing special:

i5 3470
Gigabyte Z77A-G43
16GB
Radeon 5700 on 1902 x 987 (windowed mode), drivers v.13.9
X360 pad as control
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
In game settings.
Vanilla v1.17, no mods, game started on v1.12 afair
SteamCloud disabled for X Rebirth.

Other things that can help:

1. Compatibility rebirth exe file set to: Windows Vista (service pack 2).
2. Set flag to exe file 'Run as administrator'.
3. Set audio card to 16bit 44100 Hz (CD) quality.
4. Set in BIOS Intel SpeedStep as Disabled.

P.

eXodL

Post by eXodL » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:46

ZoiN wrote:I diddent play at all in 1.16, but thought I try out patch 1.17 - so I started a new Free Mode game, and every single time I get into The Big Empty, through the normal highway, game crashes with no dump file generation (Actually my game stopped producing crash dump files after a while, and havent seen any for nearly 5 days now :/)

- Obviously I don't know if its just bad luck or what it is, but It certainly renders me incapable of escaping the sector :/
Have you looked in the installation folder for dumps? I've noticed that with the recent crashes you don't receive the message that a dump was created anymore, but it should be in there.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:51

eXodL wrote:Edit: Does anyone have a fresh UIdata (fresh game installation) that they can upload?
why? you can check game cache integrity with steam...
uidata is nothing more then a log file... you can delete it while in game or disabling steam cloud for x rebirth

DekkardAce
x4

Post by DekkardAce » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 19:03

Still experiencing crashes upon exiting star-gates. I'm a patient guy but I'm getting sick of this.

Having paid for a game that is unplayable more than a week after release makes me feel like I've been treated like a sucker.

White_Dwarf

Post by White_Dwarf » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 19:06

when i resume my with 1.16 started plot i just had a hw Crash leaving by gate Report send

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 19:22

Once again, we are working on the remaining cause of crashes when leaving highways. There's no need to send reports about this.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 19:26

and again (as confirmation) I had only once crash before 1.16
(yes I had other problems (1mln km after highway), and out of memory crashes when savegame), but in play game only 1 crash for 30 hours
in 1.16 I got 3 for 10 hours (it can be minimized by avoiding highway, using cap-ship boost jump, and don't watch to space while exiting of boost/jump)
in 1.17 I already got 2 for 2 hours. (but may be because it's omicron, no cap ship for now here).

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 19:44

Yep still crashing on Highway exit.

Keep up the good work though guys!

I'm used to the Egosoft new game launch patching process, so I know you'll have the bugs knocked out in no time! :)

Just can't wait for that to happen so you can get on to improving the parts of the game that aren't fun. Trading, for example, is going to take a HUUUGE overhaul to make it the greatness that it was in X3/TC/AP :P
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 19:57

CBJ wrote:Once again, we are working on the remaining cause of crashes when leaving highways. There's no need to send reports about this.
Can you at least confirm or refute the observation that the "less common" cause of the crash that you are investigating was introduced/exasperated by v1.16?

If not, then there could be additional causes not covered by your current investigation.

Pre-v1.16, the game engine was reasonably stable but now I can not even complete a new game to the point where it prompts you to make a quick save.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Huovi

Post by Huovi » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 20:02

Lucky me, no more hw crashes after 1.17. And while back 1.16 i noticed if i used wasd keys to leave highway i got ctd, but when i used Z key to exit highway, no crash. Weird. And my fps has gone up nicely when i overclocked my cpu.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 20:02

We've had many, many false positives with people attributing "new" problems to a particular version when investigation has shown that they were there all along. In the case of highway crashes, the more common cause that we have already fixed was not an example of this, and does seem to have been exacerbated in 1.16. The less common cause that we are now working on has a rather more random pattern that is not easily attributable to a version, and is probably just such a false positive.

fxfighter
x4

Post by fxfighter » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 20:10

bufi wrote:
fxfighter wrote:This save will crash everytime you exit the super highway in front of you:
Save file is broken for me. Not loading, no on the save load screen. Quick load in game generating crash.

P.
Loads fine, tried it on another PC that was completely unrelated. Make sure you're using a proper zip program like 7zip to open the file.

It has some mods in it so probably need to remove those lines from the save file up the top if you dont have the same mods.

PurpsUK
x4

Post by PurpsUK » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 20:12

Just to add, I'm getting way more highway crashes than I used to (the dump file one), previously I only used to get a straight crash to desktop with no error message.

aachaoshand

Post by aachaoshand » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 20:37

I didn't start having crashes until 1.16. I figured I will let this game sit until patch 1.2 or maybe even 2.0. This game is so unplayable right now. I think we need to work on letting us transfer drones between our captures ships when we dock since my effing cargo ship won't go anywhere since the engines are completely blown and I can't transfer a basic item like a drone....

Darkle
x3tc

Post by Darkle » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:37

I have a crash on highway exit. After retreating from the battle at the Albion/DeVries jumpgate, I get the encyclopaedia video and the cockpit chat after the first superhighway. After that, when I leave the highway that leads to the superhighway to Glaring Truth I get a CTD. This happens wherever I leave the highway.

This was neither caused, nor fixed with 1.17 as the game patched from 16-17 after the first instance.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:40

Any of you who are still having problems with 1.17 should try again having allowed Steam to update with the latest hotfix.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:40

Hotfix for 1.17 is live. Please make sure you have this and try the highways again.

StarFreeze
x4

Post by StarFreeze » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 22:04

I've travel through multiple super highways, normal highways and jump gates and not a single crash since the v1.17 hotfix. I think it may have been fixed! Yay I can play again. :)

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”