AARRHHHH!! selling food rations!! [Q&A CPP-2]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dev0

AARRHHHH!! selling food rations!! [Q&A CPP-2]

Post by dev0 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:40

So i am buying 300 Food rations ( i've tried other quanities too) , setting my Construction Ship to buy in Gushing Spring from Crystal castle (they have over 500 000 of food rations for sale..) but he just gets there , position himself very close to the station and then nothing... no drones... nothing.. he just stays there doing nothing... I've tried to delete entries in <shipping> and <order> in my savegame file then reload but still same thing is happening...
It's plot mission so WTF i supposed to do now?

FenixXx

Post by FenixXx » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:43

Let him be there, i get info that mission succes after 1h

dev0

Post by dev0 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 21:29

I hope you are right... my construction vessel just standing there now in middle of sector doing nothing for over 30 minutes.. with 2 tasks in que, buying the food rations and then seelling them in diffrent sector (mission objective). so annoying...

dev0

Post by dev0 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:08

After 1 hour nothing... He is standing in middle of sector doing nothing... i dont know what to do.. cant continue with plot... anyone have any solution.. ?

Shoam2B

Did you?

Post by Shoam2B » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:08

Did you
Spoiler
Show
bought cargolift drones at the shipyard?

bobby6k34
x3tc

Post by bobby6k34 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:51

Is it because its a Construction Ship, you should of gotten a tiny freighter after you defended that large freighter.

also you might need to reload a save with probably that everybody had getting 100 e cell's creeping into this( having more than one task seams to throw them of)

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:00

Your construction ship probably hasn't got any trade drones.

I used my Rohanas(sp?) and it worked just fine.

dev0

Post by dev0 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:50

Thx for tips , indeed i needed to buy trade drones, now when i got them on my construction vessel , he got the food rations :) but he cant jump now because of fuel shortage ffs :P

stoooo

my trader wont buy food rations

Post by stoooo » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 05:36

Ive spent over a day trying to get this to work, i have cleared the trade orders in the save, I sold all the ships and bought one from devries, with cargo drones and still he doesnt use them to trade. he docks ok but nothing happens, I started a new game today i thought maybe it was the save but yet again i get stuck on the same part, the trader wont trade with the station, I cannot progress with the plot so this for me is game breaking. I cannot progress.

ZoiN
x4

Post by ZoiN » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 05:42

Yep same here actually - though I went out of the system for a bit, where I then realised it finally actually bought them - I then told it to go sell it, though it wouldn't even dock at the station.

Best solution for this I think would be for you to try and leave the zone you're in to see if anything works, and then otherwise check its cargo to see if it has anything in it after a while.

stoooo

Post by stoooo » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 06:28

gruff83

AARRHHHH!! selling food rations!!

Post by gruff83 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:37

Seriously, I've spent about 4 hours just trying to complete this mission now. I have 300 food rations in my rahanas, when I sell the food rations, the cap ship moves to the dock, says it's getting ready to do the deal, then the rahanas just pulls away and moves into the distance, still leaving the trade with 1 tasks remaining. If I try sell again, it says the rahanas doesn't have any food rations to sell, but if I look at ship detail, I can see the food rations in my cargo hold.

I've tried deleting the trade id in the save game file, and I've retried to do the sell order multiple times with the same results.

I've literally hit a brick wall with this bugs, there's actually no way to progress from here, unless I download some ones saved game - not ideal as i've spent loads of time exploring stations etc, which I don't want to loose

:evil:

Husteln

Post by Husteln » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:53

If I try sell again, it says the rahanas doesn't have any food rations to sell, but if I look at ship detail, I can see the food rations in my cargo hold.
In my opinion, AI thinks that after successful trade run (e.g. selling those food rations) your ship will be empty, otherwise you would sell same item twice :P

ATM I'm stuck in same situation, even made some saves\quicksaves during ship approach (should I upload them?). Anyways, its all written above.

gruff83

Post by gruff83 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:59

I also have a save just before I do the sell order, with the rahanas close by. Every time i try do the sell order, it just does the same thing - takes 10 -15 minutes to move to the dock, says its getting ready to unload the goods, then just flies off, leaving 1 tasks remaining, the ship is reporting it still has 300 food rations, the trade screen reports the ship does not have any food rations and there is still 1 outstanding tasks.

This is literally game breaking - I have to stop playing the game; I've been so patient with all these bugs, trying all sorts of work arounds. I really hope these issues can be fixed and are addressed as a priority.

Does anyone else have any idea's how I can get past this? :(

hijacked101

Unable to trade - Ship contents are not recognized.

Post by hijacked101 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:00

I am currently unable to trade the contents of one of my haulers.

When i enter the trade menu to sell the good (food rations), the game will not let me advance in the menu with a message saying i do not have any food rations.
Screenshot 1

I am unable to buy new items with this ship, as the game the game will not let me advance in the trade menu with the message i do not have not enough space.
Screenshot 2

My ships description shows nearly 6000 food rations in its cargo.
Screenshot 3

I cannot (or don't know how to) jettison cargo.

Rothsper

Post by Rothsper » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 14:42

i had the same problem, and managed to get around it.

I found instructions on another post on the steam forums. In short:

1. When in game hit F5 to generate a quick save entry.
2. Exit the game and find your save game files in C:\users\<your name>\Egosoft\XRebith\<some number>\saves
3. Open the "Quicksave" file with word pad.
4. Cntl F and search for "<Shopping>"
5. Delete the lines between <Shopping> and </Shopping> but leave these two headers in place.
6. Save, exit - load back into X Rebirth

7. Add your ship with rations to your squad - travel to location, wait for / ensure your trade ship is in zone with you.
8. Initiate the trade by clicking on the buy location, press F for context menu and select sell Rations from there.

I think it is a case of sometimes the sell order isnt executed correctly. Worked after I followed the above first time for me, but if it bugs again might be worth repeating a couple of times.

PureCruncher

300 food bug

Post by PureCruncher » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 15:33

I have spent the last 4 hours trying to sell the food supplies required in the plot mission. It is really starting to **** me off. I have looked at other threads and tried the fix where you delete the trade mission queue. This deletes the queue and restarts the ship however when I tell it to sell again it refuses.
I have checked the drones, amount of products etc. The thing comes into dock, I get the message that it is loading and then NOTHING happens. It just sits there for an eternity. This happens on whatever station it goes too. I have 100k of food that I cannot sell.

If the trade aspect of this game is fixed (i.e. bugs removed) it will improve game-play significantly.

Glasofruix

[mild spoilers][Bug][campaign] Rebuilding deVries

Post by Glasofruix » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 17:18

This mission is buggy as hell.
Most of the people didn't get Rahanas back.
When we try to purchase the food rations the capital ships either don't move (the orders are given correctly) or they move but just keep sitting in front of the station doing nothing while the captain says "he's received the goods" but the rations are nowhere to be found.
Then when some manage to get the rations (by chance or with some save file tinkering) you have to get your ships through the jumpgate with a hostile destroyer parked in the vicinity, needless to say your cargo gets shot.
IF by chance you get through the gate, you still have to deliver your cargo, with the same problem of your ship getting near the station doing nothing. And no, cargo handling drones do absolutely squat (and NOWHERE in the game it's told you need those, you'd expect the captains to protest when you ask them to handle cargo without proper tools).

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 18:07

This mission appears to have borked for me too.
I have a freighter full of food rations, it has 6 cargo lifters and it just sits there doing nothing after i make the trade.
I get confirmation from the pilot that's he's going to make the trade but ship just sits there.

I tried moving to another sector and waiting to see if my freighter follows me (its in squad) but again it just sits at the point where i issued the trade command.

I also tried getting it to sell the food rations on another station, but same thing happens.

Brzhk
x4

Post by Brzhk » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:38

I think i figured it out today. I had the same problem and i see what the problem is.

The station buys in bulk. It wont buy your rations because it wants ALL of it in ONE trade. So, basically, you can't provide enough. The description must actually say "you don't have enough of it to satisfy the offer".

It's really an annoying game mechanic since our freighters cannot actually store enough of it to answer most of the requirements.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”