I found a workaround for the centre console not working [Q&A CPP-3]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rekalty
x4

Post by Rekalty » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:43

Yeah, this issue seems to happen randomly when you enter the cockpit of your ship. A good way to tell is if your chair does not rotate when you go to sit down. For whatever reason, nothing in the cockpit animates when this happens, static screens still work but anything that's supposed to move, like the terminal screen that's suppose to rise up does not.
So far, I've just docked and re-entered cockpit to fix the issue, but it keeps happening randomly. Seeing how many people have this issue, it's beyond me how they managed to miss this in Q&A...

Legionnaire
x4

Information regarding a potential cause for the Disappearing menu between you and Yis

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:07

This issue has come up a lot, but it wasnt one i had experienced, so i spend the last hour trying to do things that might break X-Rebirth. Now I don't know whether i managed to break it per se but i have managed to work out one way/location where it happened for me.

I'm currently hunting around looking for a Trojan Drone for a certain mission, and a lot of the places i'm going to have PMC ships shooting at me.

As i came into Zone: Sinister Poem i was flying around the stations looking for a drone dealer.

What I found was (what i originally thought was a shipyard) Its an Arms Tech Supply 1 = buying fusion reactors. the Area that has amount and price was originally red and when i clicked on it to try and sell the reactors i believed i had, Yisha went through the requesting permission to land, at which point Ren stood up and walked through his seat then walked through the door. After this he went back and forth through the door and seat which also prevented the sector maps etc coming up. Once i used Enter > 5 to get to the crew quarters i spoke to both crew, an engineer and a marine officer, then used Enter > 5 to get back to the cockpit and the animations played correctly again.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/e4za63fdd ... _00003.jpg

and location where it happened

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0g5207qkq ... _00004.jpg

Hope this helps you out a bit Devs ;)

Legionnaire

EDIT

I've been playing around with a savegame i have in sector, Was looking for the same location again to try and check some extra bits when i got sidetracked into landing at a repair pad that had a drone dealer on it. The first time i did this, i overshot slightly ( going too fast, and was reversing back over the pad, I was actually receiving fire and taking damage as the docking cutscene started and Ren walked through seat again, off the ship on the ship and he walks through chair and menu doesn't come up.

I reloaded and tried again, no overshoot wasn't under attack no issue.

I tried again several times, those times i was taking damage as i docked i was hit by this bug, If i wasn't under attack I didnt have the issue/bug. Whether thats just a co-incidence or not i don't know.

/EDIT
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

MindImage

Status/trading window missing

Post by MindImage » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:27

Shortly after obtaining the first freighter and assigning a captain, the window between Ren and Yisha, which displays status information (personal, trading etc.) is missing. For example when pressing MENU and (4) for trading, the screen which is supposed to pop up between Ren and Yisha is no longer existent and I'm just looking to Yisha.
Result: not able to perform any kind of buying and selling.

Only repair option is to load an earlier save. Possibly a glitch.

Kyricus
x4

BUG - Plasma Screen for Trading Gone..

Post by Kyricus » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:29

yep, it's gone. It disappeared on me while executing one trade, and it wont' come back.

I've re-started the game, re-booted my computer nada. When I enter the trading sub-menu, I turn to where the screen should be and, nothing, I'm sitting there staring at my co-pilot. No Screen

Llov
x3tc

Post by Llov » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:35

Enter + 5 then Enter + 5 again.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:40

It'll get fixed.

Pretty sure it's triggered by something not firing right the moment that door you go through to get onto the bridge (in that cutscene sequence).

You can also press <enter>, then 4 to get off the bridge and then just activate the panel to go back if you can't be bothered using the drone trick [especially if you don't have any].

Works every time.

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Llov
x3tc

Post by Llov » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:43

Like ive said in post below this one there is a fix that works for me just do this in your ship;

Enter + 5 then Enter + 5 again.

sorcerer11
x3tc

Menu Gone

Post by sorcerer11 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 19:15

When I call up to sell my energy cells I hear some woman say yes, the camera point to your co-pilot but no menu comes up to sell them. How do I get my menu back for trading any ideas?

GrahamArt

Post by GrahamArt » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:22

My menus dissapear or get stuck often. Alt Tab or restart works as a get around.

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:45

My menu was gone too for the trade or maps the popup tv doesnt show.

I tried restarting and the alt-tab but didnt work.

To solve this issue i docked and then press trade button to do the 100 ecell trade.
now back in the ship and the popup tv now comes up.

I hope this will help.

ahddib
x4

Savegame showing the trade screen bug. [Workaround]

Post by ahddib » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:47

Savegame for anyone willing to give correcting this bug a crack.

When reentering the skunk the captain's chair doesn't rotate AND the trade window will not open.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6JMsD ... sp=sharing

Is game breaking.
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

malolotja

Post by malolotja » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:57

My workaround for this:

- Load the game.
- Dock at something.
- Enter the cockpit manually (by using the door).

This usually fixes it for me. Save immediately after you docked. If it doesn't help the first time: repeat the steps above.

Cheers

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:14

Thank you. that did work, however it seems to be the act of saving on the station that fixes this.

I had tried docking previously, but it didn't work.
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:34

My fix is this:
Make sure you are flying.
MainMenu>Crew
Go talk to one of your crew.
MainMenu>ReturnToCockpit

This seems to work for me whenever I have this bug. (usually the panel does not let you back into the cockpit. At least for me.. and I am forced to use the MainMenu)

Darkjayson

Bug: Inactive cockpit animations - Tempary fix

Post by Darkjayson » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 02:43

So a few times I had a bug where the cockpit animations do not work like the door opening or Chair rotating which also makes the menus not work.

Not sure whats causing it but I found a temporary fix. Just go into your menu (enter) and select crew and visit crew now return to your cockpit and hopefully the animations work again if not keep trying till they do.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 02:46

This happen when interacting with the door console.Always use menu>2>2 and this bug never happens.

nollyblue
x4

Post by nollyblue » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 02:55

Lame, just read this. Saved after I'd sat down, loaded up my save and I can't do anything :|

Wouldn't mind so much but I've just been trying to find somebody to build my construction ship, got it all set up then saved. Flew somewhere "not enough fuel"

Fair enough, I'll load my save up and put it somewhere closer.

NOPE YOU CANT MOVE NOW LOLOL

HowDoYouPurr
x4

Found a possible way for egosoft to find the source of the menu glitch. need yourhelp

Post by HowDoYouPurr » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 08:01

I have noticed that after different things happen within the game. I save the file and even after resetting my entire computer the menu still doesn't pop up. However If I load any save game previously before the glitch starts it loads fine so this is what I ask your help in doing. Take 2 saves one before you notice this glitch and one after. Take both of these files as I just did and email them to info@egosoft.com under the topic "SAVED FILES BEFORE AND AFTER MENU GLITCH. and course listing which is which in the email. Perhaps if egosoft can look and see what we have in common in our save files they can know in what part of the programming this glitch is originating from and fix it. Because if we can somehow save something that makes it permanent that means it should be relatively easy to trace for them.

flux.faraday
x4

Post by flux.faraday » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 08:41

I get this one over and over again. Fixing it usually involves saving while standing in the Skunk's rear, then restoring and going through the door to the cockpit. Simply going through the door or doing menu-5-5 doesn't do it for me.
YMMV

HowDoYouPurr
x4

Post by HowDoYouPurr » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 09:16

I was doing a search and it turns out they already found the source of the glitch. What activates it is if you use the menu itself to return to the ship instead of walking over and clicking the pad outside the door. So DONT DO IT always walk back to your ship. instant no glitch.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”