I found a workaround for the centre console not working [Q&A CPP-3]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 06:01

I get this bug frequently when undocking in Darned Hot Air. It also comes with the cockpit door and chair not working right. Maybe it's related to using the Crew Menu exit, I dunno.

Have you tried docking and undocking again? Sometimes jumping into the crew chamber also works.

KlintusFang
x3tc

Post by KlintusFang » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 06:19

this happens all the time. Simply docking and then immediately getting back into your ship should reset it to normal. Note: quitting the game and restarting will not restore it.

Hanover_fist
x4

Post by Hanover_fist » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 06:34

What has worked for me.

When I get this I just go to the crew area and come back to the cockpit and it is fixed.

Darkle
x3tc

Post by Darkle » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 08:34

It seems all cockpit animations fail.

Sometimes enering crew area and returning fixes, sometimes not.
Landing and taking off usually fixes it.
Loading save does not seem to fix.

theredman
x3tc

Post by theredman » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:01

yeah this happens all the time. u know when it hits by when u get in the cockpit after leaving the station the seat doesn't animate.

Mustangrande

Post by Mustangrande » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:24

It's been said that the Enter+5+5 while in space trick worked for fixing this.

I wouldn't know, since when I loaded my save to test the fix, I was unable to do anything other than use esc to exit. No controls, no nothing.

It's pretty sad when you boot the game up to test a bug fix, and run into an even more debilitating bug.

seagull43
x3tc

Post by seagull43 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:31

The 5/5 workaround is intermittent at best, this problem is a game breaker as your information centre, and auto destination routing is inoperable.

arknor1981

Post by arknor1981 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 17:15

yea 5/5 does not guarantee it will fix anything.

sometimes it does other times it does nothing.

I fixed it once by going from window > full screen and back from pressing alt+enter as well

Fenris159

Post by Fenris159 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 17:58

Guys this problem is not complicated. It is a bug when cockpit animations fail to function or load properly causing animations to be frozen, "doors wont open and you walk through them, chairs don't move". I fix this by repeatedly entering the back room with my crew and loading back into the cockpit. Sometimes it takes one try, sometimes multiple tries. The devs or modders need to invent a script that can check the cockpit and reload anything that makes animation. The middle consol is part of an animation, it probably loads but doesn't move out from under the middle and is hidden.

Strategist855
xr

No UI while undocked

Post by Strategist855 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:31

Hello,

Many times when I attempt to undock from a station/capship, the door leading in to the cockpit doesn't open, the chair never moves back, Yisha never looks at me, and I'm unable to look at the menu screen that comes up on your right when you look at the map/trade menu/property status, etc.

It started out only happening seldomly, but as time went on it happened with increasing frequency, and now it happens every time I undock. I've tried it across multiple zones/sectors, and there used to be several zones where everything worked perfectly, but now the glitch occurs (as far as I can tell) everywhere.

Not quite sure if anyone has posted this error yet, and I apologize if I didn't search well enough.

Thanks for the help, and keep up the fight against bugs! :)
Strategist

egeis
x2

Post by egeis » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 08:31

Im having the same issue. At some point during the game ill start walking through the cockpit door and pilot seat. Then the window UI (trade, maps, etc) will no longer appear.

I've had to revert to previous saves cause one they are saved these errors persist. Cannot restart the game and use the same save file have to go to a previous unbugged one.

dragon71uk
x4

Post by dragon71uk » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 09:25

Go talk to an engineer on a station or get 1 on the scunk. Ask to repair, or if on scunk then see status. Go back and should work.

Daffchilly
x3ap

Post by Daffchilly » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 09:50

I fixed this by not using the numbers to leave the platform but just use the little console on your ship beside the door..

If you do that the sequence is normal again and you have a normal UI..

Cheers

egeis
x2

Post by egeis » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 10:55

I always return to my ship using the pad by the door... This issue was not occuring with 1.13 yesterday so its new..

steelgrey75
x3ap

Post by steelgrey75 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:43

This has been happening to me all the time today. I found that leaving the cockpit to see the crew, opening the map up then closing it and then using the menu to return to the cockpit worked for me.
Hopefully they'll sort it out soon as its quite annoying.

Ratez

Post by Ratez » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:46

This happens to me all the time. It is guaranteed taht if you phase through your cockpit door and your chair, the bug happens. So as soon as I get that problem, I press enter -> crew -> click on switch to open door into cockpit. Repeat until fixed. You will know when it is fixed as the cockpit door will then open as per usual.

Ratez

Post by Ratez » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:47

This happens to me all the time. It is guaranteed that if you phase through your cockpit door and your chair, the bug happens. So as soon as I get that problem, I press enter -> crew -> click on switch to open door into cockpit. Repeat until fixed. You will know when it is fixed as the cockpit door will then open as per usual.

diamondwolf_
x4

Trade window invisible

Post by diamondwolf_ » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:18

now everytime I try to open the trade menu it looks over at the co-pilot but the screen doesn't come up. it just sits there.

I can't get passed the mission dealing with the Energy purchase and sale early campaign.

first the Freighter wouldn't sell to the station, now this.

very frustrating.

oh and loading my save game doesn't help
Last edited by diamondwolf_ on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

arod1984

Post by arod1984 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:37

Yes me to ! The same :evil:

xandicar
x4

Post by xandicar » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:40

I have this also since patch 1.16.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”