I found a workaround for the centre console not working [Q&A CPP-3]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

desius
x4

Re: Trade window invisible

Post by desius » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:52

diamondwolf_ wrote:now everytime I try to open the trade menu it looks over at the co-pilot but the screen doesn't come up. it just sits there.
I've seen that once as well. Try entering your crew area [Enter], 5, and then return to the cockpit to see if it resolves.

Mopy
x3

Re: Trade window invisible

Post by Mopy » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:57

desius wrote:
diamondwolf_ wrote:now everytime I try to open the trade menu it looks over at the co-pilot but the screen doesn't come up. it just sits there.
I've seen that once as well. Try entering your crew area [Enter], 5, and then return to the cockpit to see if it resolves.
Sometimes entering crew area doesn't work for me, but what does is
1. press . key to bring up the invisible sector map
2. press 2 key to hear the 'click' of the map
3. press esc twice to close
4. then go to the crew area and return.

Never fails for me :)

I get this bug all the time, and I'm wondering if it's due to the way I use the '<' and 'x' buttons on the map, but can't nail the exact key presses to replicate it. Either that, or something while walking on stations/talking.
Last edited by Mopy on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Sig

Pendraco
x4

Post by Pendraco » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 22:03

I had this, and going to the crew area and back would not fix it. Finally I tried docking at a station and using the fast travel "leave platform" option to get back to the skunk and everything is back to normal!

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 22:07

I've been getting this fairly regularly in the last few days, seems random what actually triggers it, as i always walk back to ship and tend to click the keypad from almost the same location each time, (ocd perhaps :lol: ) recently when this has been triggering visiting crew and talking to them doesn't always help, nor does docking again leaving the ship and coming back, however if i dock on one of my cap ships and tell it to take me somewhere, or i jump on a highway (local doesn't always fix it, but super highways have done so far) when i get to the new location my central screen between me and Yisha is working properly again. On a side night, I can always tell when approaching the door to the cockpit if it has bugged out. This is due to the game looking washed out, not as clear and vibrant as usual.

Hope this helps.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 23:19

This happens to me from time to time. Also when ever this happens the animations for the doors opening, and the chair swiveling do not occur. Going to the back and coming back does not work either.

But what does work is going to the back, opening up something like a navigation map or encyclopedia, closing it, then returning to the cockpit does work.

arod1984

Post by arod1984 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 15:38

Should we start the game new when we reseve a new patch ?

rps34v

out of sync with cockpit

Post by rps34v » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 11:36

yet again this issue is back . cmon egosoft this is the main mechanic of the game leaving and entering the cockpit , when it buggs out you wlk thru the door and sit thru the seat . as a consequence none of the pop up menues work and visiting crew or flying the drone dosent cure it now since the last patch .

theres absolutley no point in playing and trying to progress only for this bug to appear randomly . you can see by my join date im a x vet but this is really really testing my patience . this particular bug should have been ironed out in ALPHA testing . how on earth did you think this was ready for release . my ho my this is really poor
time to get back in the cockpit

Margarine

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 11:42

While I am also frustrated by this bug it is easily worked around.

See this post for their issue prioritization. They are focusing on crashes, performance and showstoppers.

The best thing we can do is offer them consistent replication steps.

Edit : Forgot to add actual post

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=352790
Last edited by Margarine on Sun, 24. Nov 13, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

rps34v

Post by rps34v » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 11:45

ok thanks whats the easy work around please?

Margarine

Post by Margarine » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 11:52

To work around this issue do the following;

1) Menu -> Crew (5). Your guy will get up from the chair and go to the back. Note that if you are experience the bug I think you are then he will glitch through the chair while getting up.
2) Return to the cockpit by Menu -> Return to Cockpit (5).

Note that sometimes I had to do other stuff before it would work like talk to a crew member or exit while in the other room (the one with a coffee machine etc)

Also you can tell if you are experiencing this issue as when you enter the cockpit for the first time he will walk through the closed door and the chair will not swivel.

rps34v

Post by rps34v » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:16

ive tried the work arounds they dont seem to work for me anymore .

IceCrack
x3tc

Post by IceCrack » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:26

I find i can recreate this bug by Running to the cockpit of the ship when the door opens, to fix the bug go to crew press enter then 5 then once in crew do not use the door panel, press enter then 5.

rps34v

Post by rps34v » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:40

ahh i cee now i tired your solution and it worked the seocnd time for me

thanks for the help

Hexadecimal
x4

[Bug] mission/property screen not working - corrupt game

Post by Hexadecimal » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:49

every half an hour or so, when i try to access the mission/property menu, the view turns but the screen never comes up. this has happened on games where i haven't accessed any menu's at all since loading, last game took 20 mins to occur, i had travelled through 5 highways and visited 2 station but hadn't looked at anything else in the menu (didn't access crew etc.)

this appears to be a corruption ocurring, as if i save and reload, same deal. i can go back to an older save with no problems. i've tried changing screen res, AA, reloading the game and even rebooting the computer.

i have noticed this problem since 1.15 (now on 1.17) but can't say whether the patches were the cause or not.

has anybody encountered this and found a way around it without having to reload an older save?

Lorien
x3

Post by Lorien » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:25

I'm encountering the same problem. :(
Things I've procrastinated on...

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:28

Have you tried leaving cockpit by going to crew ? enter then 5 then reenter cockpit?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 15:04

You sir are a genius, i thank you very much :)

OneBigTree

Post by OneBigTree » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 15:36

Wavey wrote:Have you tried leaving cockpit by going to crew ? enter then 5 then reenter cockpit?
Sadly this helps only once every 10 times. This issues has become a lot worse since 1.17.

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:40

that is unfortunate, thankfully so far it's worked for me, fingers crossed they will have time to address it in the next hotfix :/

wullf
x4

The ingame monitor dosnt work

Post by wullf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 20:32

it simply dosent show up when i wont to see any information

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”