I found a workaround for the centre console not working [Q&A CPP-3]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:28

Have you tried leaving cockpit by going to crew ? enter then 5 then reenter cockpit?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 15:04

You sir are a genius, i thank you very much :)

OneBigTree

Post by OneBigTree » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 15:36

Wavey wrote:Have you tried leaving cockpit by going to crew ? enter then 5 then reenter cockpit?
Sadly this helps only once every 10 times. This issues has become a lot worse since 1.17.

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:40

that is unfortunate, thankfully so far it's worked for me, fingers crossed they will have time to address it in the next hotfix :/

wullf
x4

The ingame monitor dosnt work

Post by wullf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 20:32

it simply dosent show up when i wont to see any information

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:01

This is an unfortunate bug, but if when yyou enter the canin you walk through the door and the seat doesnt animate and turn towards you then it has hit. At this point you can try visiting and talking to crew in space, then going back to cockpit. If this is successful the coor opens and chair animates, if not still bugged and screen wont rise. At that point you can try docking and reboarding, sometimes works sometimes doesnt. Then you have options of forcing the game to reload whilst you are in cockpit ( may be wrong terminology, but that is how it appears) Using a local highway them visiting crew or docking sometimes helps. if that doesnt then your two other options i have found so far include using a superhighway or using a capital ship to take you somewhere. It also seems if you save whilst this bug is active it is a lot harder to get rid of it. depending on what ive been doing i often save before i reboard the skunk, so that if it bugs i can try loading the save immediately before it bugs. Hope all this helps other find resolutions if they are stuck with this.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

SBDeadly

1.7 Bug Side display stops appearing.

Post by SBDeadly » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:54

Since 1.7 I've noticed when selecting any menu selection that involves the side pop up report screen you'll turn to look at the screen but it doesn't come up giving a unobstructed view of your copilot. Landing at a station and leaving resolves the issue.

The issue comes up from time to time, not sure what triggers it.

synctrance

Post by synctrance » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:04

This bug has been there from beginning and is not fixed yet, as Bernd demonstrates it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIKAYzm7 ... be&t=1m46s
There is also an occasion where buttons are not click-able.

joe_da_cro

Post by joe_da_cro » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:05

from what i read in another post the trigger comes from using the door panel in your ship then running up to the door which gets opened in the animation. im sure there are other triggers too but this was one i read.

i was getting this bug alot too and at-least there is a way to correct it.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:09

its a known bug since release...

loubert
x4

Post by loubert » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:30

Fixing this bug in your game is a matter of exiting and re-entering the cockpit. Usually, simply entering the crew cabin, then entering the cockpit again, fixes it - but not always. It sometimes takes me a couple different tries and activities (using the panel to return to the cockpit, using "ENTER, 5", talking to crew, entering stations, etc.).

It wouldn't be such a big deal, except it means that you can't access the map, your property menu, etc. But it's pretty easily fixed, until they actually eliminate the bug.

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:51

You can tell if the menu is going to work or not by whether or not the door and your command chair are animated as you enter the cockpit. All animations either work or are all broken. The menu doesn't work because your center console animation is broken.

ACS

Post by ACS » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:35

synctrance wrote:This bug has been there from beginning and is not fixed yet, as Bernd demonstrates it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIKAYzm7 ... be&t=1m46s

OMG LOL :cry:

Norsk

Post by Norsk » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 04:04

synctrance wrote:This bug has been there from beginning and is not fixed yet, as Bernd demonstrates it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIKAYzm7 ... be&t=1m46s

The best part is that he says "somethings wont work fully" right at the moment when the menu breaks haha, of course it is out of context but I found that very funny.

BDelacroix
x3tc

Re: 1.7 Bug Side display stops appearing.

Post by BDelacroix » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 05:32

SBDeadly wrote:Since 1.7 I've noticed when selecting any menu selection that involves the side pop up report screen you'll turn to look at the screen but it doesn't come up giving a unobstructed view of your copilot. Landing at a station and leaving resolves the issue.

The issue comes up from time to time, not sure what triggers it.
Usually leaving and coming back fixes this but I just spent the last half hour docking and redockin and leaving (menu 5) and re entering (without moving around mind you) and nothing is making it come back.

Very infuriating since this means I cannot issue any commands to anything.

nachube

Albion Skunk Conole missing

Post by nachube » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:21

As of patch 1.16/1.17, there comes a time when, for some reason, and I'm not sure exactly when, but I THINK it is after I undock from a station, the menu that usually appears when onboard the Albion Skunk just isn't there. I tried as many combinations as I could, and the game only plays the animation, rotates towards where the menus should be, everything fine, but when the menu should popup from the lower console, it just remains blank, no menu, nothing, so I can't plot a course, trade, etc. whenever I'm onboard the ship. Frustrating, and it only happened after the latest updates, it wasn't happening before. Please, make sure you don't break working mechanics when patching the game!

EDIT: found I wasn't the only one with this problem: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350062

lenat
x3tc

Post by lenat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:28

I know this bug.
On my system it can be solved by landing on a platform and then go back into space.

lenat
x3tc

Post by lenat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:28

I know this bug.
On my system it can be solved by landing on a platform and then go back into space.

nachube

Post by nachube » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:35

Tried that, thanks, tried the Enter > 5 > 5 too, but the damn chair refuses to play the animation, asn so,. I'm stuck wiothout a menu, and can¿'t continue playing... pretty annoying...

nachube

Post by nachube » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:35

Tried that, thanks, tried the Enter > 5 > 5 too, but the damn chair refuses to play the animation, and so,. I'm stuck wiothout a menu, and can't continue playing... pretty annoying...

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”