I found a workaround for the centre console not working [Q&A CPP-3]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nachube

Albion Skunk Conole missing

Post by nachube » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:21

As of patch 1.16/1.17, there comes a time when, for some reason, and I'm not sure exactly when, but I THINK it is after I undock from a station, the menu that usually appears when onboard the Albion Skunk just isn't there. I tried as many combinations as I could, and the game only plays the animation, rotates towards where the menus should be, everything fine, but when the menu should popup from the lower console, it just remains blank, no menu, nothing, so I can't plot a course, trade, etc. whenever I'm onboard the ship. Frustrating, and it only happened after the latest updates, it wasn't happening before. Please, make sure you don't break working mechanics when patching the game!

EDIT: found I wasn't the only one with this problem: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350062

lenat
x3tc

Post by lenat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:28

I know this bug.
On my system it can be solved by landing on a platform and then go back into space.

lenat
x3tc

Post by lenat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:28

I know this bug.
On my system it can be solved by landing on a platform and then go back into space.

nachube

Post by nachube » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:35

Tried that, thanks, tried the Enter > 5 > 5 too, but the damn chair refuses to play the animation, asn so,. I'm stuck wiothout a menu, and can¿'t continue playing... pretty annoying...

nachube

Post by nachube » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:35

Tried that, thanks, tried the Enter > 5 > 5 too, but the damn chair refuses to play the animation, and so,. I'm stuck wiothout a menu, and can't continue playing... pretty annoying...

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:45

Just push <enter> then 5, you can drive the menus from there

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:07

it has been noticed that this is mainly happening when the chair doesn't rotate upon entering the cockpit (when entering ship from dock etc.) min most cases this can be worked around by leaving and re-entering the cockpit again (by visiting the crew, or a dock).

short of that i'm afraid i can't help.

Lencian
x4

Post by Lencian » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:32

I've had this happen to me as well. Try saving, exiting the game entirely, reloading, then going to crew and back again.

This usually clears it up for me.

spitzfire
x3tc

Post by spitzfire » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:48

After you use Enter/5 and while you're in the back of the Skunk, you have access to all commands to do whatever you want. For example, use Enter/4 for Trading or , (comma) for the Sector Map.

I know it's not as convenient as doing it from your pilot seat, but it does mean that you can continue with the game.

There is also a side benefit...many times, the act of accessing other menus from the back of the Skunk and then returning to the cockpit, fixes the cockpit animations and the center console works again.

PS. Please fix the title of your thread...the word is console...as this will help others searching the forums.

BDelacroix
x3tc

Post by BDelacroix » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 00:08

Went to bed, then to work then came home to tackle this again.

I have it fixed using this procedure.

1. Menu 5
2. In back of ship, issue my trade command through the menu (I happen to like that menu better anyway, it isn't being bleached out by the gigantic glaring sun)
3. Come back to control deck and animations are working again.

Just going back and speaking to a crew member wasn't working. Nor was landing and coming back.

Cyllie

*Attention Devs* Circumstance in which the side monitor will not rise

Post by Cyllie » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 06:06

If when you enter the cockpit, and your chair does not turn to the side...if it just stays in place as it will sometimes do...the pop-up monitor that you view your missions and maps and trades etc on will not pull up. When you try to, you will turn to the side like normal, but it remains down.

-Saving and reloading will not permit it to rise up.

-Saving and Exiting the game will not end the bug either

The ONLY way to correct the bug is to leave the cockpit and reenter either by docking or going into crew mode...

AND then it only corrects itself IF the chair turns to the side

If the animation fails to play out, the monitor will not rise, meaning you cannot access those menus and information until you manage to get lucky and have your chair turn when you enter the cockpit

This has occurred numerous times, both without mods installed and with mods installed...it does not matter

Cyllie

Post by Cyllie » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 06:56

I just report

AnarkistUK
x4

Re: *Attention Devs* Circumstance in which the side monitor will not rise

Post by AnarkistUK » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 08:41

Cyllie wrote:-Saving and reloading will not permit it to rise up.

-Saving and Exiting the game will not end the bug either

The ONLY way to correct the bug is to leave the cockpit and reenter either by docking or going into crew mode...

AND then it only corrects itself IF the chair turns to the side

I have found if I go into crew mode... then save and reload... then re-enter the cockpit, this has corrected the issue every time so far when it has occurred for me.

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:10

So it's not even a ui not displaying or something like that...it's a clipping issue of your pov being inside the chair and it failing to draw the layer because of it...

Musicker
x3tc

Post by Musicker » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 01:30

Las0mbra wrote:Had the same problem. Just that it happened during game play not when I loaded my save.

Somehow this remedied the situation both times:

Selecting in "crew" in the menu, so that the character goes to the back of the ship.
Then talking to the engineer about the ship status then talking to the defense officer about his skills.

I don't think that it's important who you talk to, it's just that both time i happened to do the same thing. I assume that either the skill window or the status window did the trick.

Thanks a bunch for this, I had the same problem, so I checked out the forum, and sure enough, someone had found a workaround.

I'm glad the forums are (at least the tech support forum) still as helpful as they have been for the last 10 years or so since I started playing X games!

Thanks again, much appreciated.
i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz
2TB Seagate® FireCuda® 530 Heatsink (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6900 MB/s
64GB (32GBx2) DDR5/5600MHz Dual Channel Memory
GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

CargolifterDroid

Post by CargolifterDroid » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 16:44

I always do the following to fix the bug:

1. Quicksave
2. load Quicksave
3. hit "enter" then "5"
4. return to Cockpit

The animations of the door opening and the chair swivelling should now play correctly. Note: it is essential to save the game and reload it for the bug to get fixed.

I believe this Bug is a follow-up of the one where you enter a highway after a NPC has talked to you on the righthand monitor. When u enter the highway the usual animation will be replaced by a still-screen of that NPC instead.

fix:
1. quicksave
2. load quicksave

so, if you ignore the above mentioned bug, you'll soon encounter the bug where your mainscreen won't show up. This can then can be follwed by a bug where all NPCS in the rear of your Ship - or on stations - "sink" into the floor.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”