Savegame won't load beyond ~80% [Q&A SLC-1]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fxfighter
x4

Post by fxfighter » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 11:45

Here is a locked save, gets stuck around 82-85% forever: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ssf4 ... icksave.7z

Includes dxdiag.

This is quite bad as the process hangs and has to be killed from task manager since it stays around after closing the window. Need better application close handling...

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 12:20

You can try following:
switch off steam cloud
load save game from version 1.14
save game
load game

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 13:17

@ Koritnaciino

Tested your save file on my PC, you are right, it hangs at around 70%... strange, was there something going on before it occurred, like you saved and the game crashed?

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 13:18

does anyone recall what they did right before saving,

and perhaps when you exited, did you get a crash message or error?

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 14:09

I was play the game , everything was perfect. 2 trading ships did they jobs and I was prepared to board ship with fusion reactors.
SAVE game ... everithing normal.
After boarding I lost one of me trader so I load latest savegame. Stuck on 85%. So Task manager, end game task. Restart STEAM. Hmm new wersion available. Ok it will be nice so hurry up to update. Start the game - problem , problem, problem

I starting be furrious. Actualy I can not play now. Maybe start new game what I realy dont want AGAIN hehe.

Lates save game which working for me
http://www.sendspace.com/file/erpm3c
If I resave straight away and then load its working. But if I do something .. whatever .. save game ... after that again stuck in loading screen on 74%

OMFG
Last edited by Koritnaciino on Thu, 21. Nov 13, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 14:13

well you are not alone, and i have worked with an admin to log it into the QA with the others affected, i would suggest maybe waiting a bit, see if it can be resolved. however, I wont tell you NOT to play the game either, perhaps your "new" game can be saved in a separate slot for now

Who knows, this time around you might do even better, more $ more ships and everything.

Try and stay positive, and sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing for the moment.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 16:35

Do its possible downgrade to 1.14? If yes how please?

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:03

I doubt there is a way, from a tech standpoint, the updates they are doing are built off each patch, if you were to play on patch 1.14, theres no guarantee your save file would work, and if it did, the next patch 1.16 might completely corrupt it, due to changes in the code... best option wait and or start new game while waiting on the save file "correction"

regards,

Ratez

Post by Ratez » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:27

Stuck on 82%.. Always 82%. And this is a fresh game in patch 1.15.

I was watching a freighter trying to trade goods with my construction ship after realising it has been stuck there for ages. So I proceeded to quicksave before I attempt to destroy it for its goods.

Also X Rebirth stays as a process in task manager after closing the game when it gets stuck at 82%

Ratez

Post by Ratez » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:52

Tried loading repeatedly as suggested by Q&A to no avail.

Created a fresh new game again and loads fine.

Thanks for changing thread titles to include Q&A sections.

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:54

Ratez wrote:Stuck on 82%.. Always 82%. And this is a fresh game in patch 1.15.

I was watching a freighter trying to trade goods with my construction ship after realising it has been stuck there for ages. So I proceeded to quicksave before I attempt to destroy it for its goods.

Also X Rebirth stays as a process in task manager after closing the game when it gets stuck at 82%
its actually steam that isnt sending the command to shut down x-rebirth, just alt+ctrl+del and end the process :(

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:13

Ratez wrote:Tried loading repeatedly as suggested by Q&A to no avail.

Start a new game and lost 60h play time is seriously bad solution. I waiting for 1.16 and after that will see how is gonna be. Fix something with patch and is going worst? :lol:

Ratez

Post by Ratez » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:18

Koritnaciino wrote:
Ratez wrote:Tried loading repeatedly as suggested by Q&A to no avail.

Start a new game and lost 60h play time is seriously bad solution. I waiting for 1.16 and after that will see how is gonna be. Fix something with patch and is going worst? :lol:
Yup I stopped playing campaign and hacked free play to give me credits to bypass the nitty grindy part.

I would play legit when the game is fully functional, but I have wasted enough time on bugs.

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:19

that is actually a great idea, you get to experiment with the games functionality, see how things work without investing days and when the bugs and gameplay are fixed up, go legit

+1 to your idea!

Ratez

Post by Ratez » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:29

Ghost139 wrote:that is actually a great idea, you get to experiment with the games functionality, see how things work without investing days and when the bugs and gameplay are fixed up, go legit

+1 to your idea!
Yeah I was building a station before my save stuffed up.

Was building a URV components factory next to shipyard at shady vaults. Was going to proceed to build a URV factory after that in the same place to facilitate. I can see it being really fun - theres so many different stations with different functions.

Wanted to assign freighters to both factories and see if they become self-sufficient.

Grimmeehh
x3tc

Post by Grimmeehh » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:55

Same thing just happened to me. Stuck at 80%.. any ideas on a fix?

I have just ordered a Taranis to jump somewhere (not the plot one) and I saved it before I docked. I had to reload because.. well, the taranis wont shoot anything and gets mullered. Talk about a waste of money!

Buggy buggy buggy.
Somewhere in the South West

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:30

Its many of us. I found loots of peoples on steam forum as well. There is no way how to fix that yet. Best solution is pray for new update. I realy hope it will be today. If I have to start the game again is better to uninstall ..for me. Spend more like 60h and after that again from begining is realy frustrating. Actualy more like 60h because you have to fly between bugs. Saving and loading .... saving loading , saving loading hehe

randomuser
x4

Post by randomuser » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 22:13

well stuck at 76-78 % restarting just hanged the % it gets stuck at.. well going to go afk and hope for it to load

and like a genius i didnt keep my recent saves :roll:
11h is too much to replay right now..

Ratez

Post by Ratez » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 22:14

randomuser wrote:well stuck at 76-78 % restarting just hanged the % it gets stuck at.. well going to go afk and hope for it to load

and like a genius i didnt keep my recent saves :roll:
11h is too much to replay right now..
I get tired of manual saving so I just spam F5 every so often. I mean I didn't think the save file would just kill itself.

randomuser
x4

Post by randomuser » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 22:26

well i can say that it got stuck permanently i just gave it 10 minutes of time, still stuck at 76% :(

oh well waiting for the next patch

oh btw: only NEW save files dont load , the old ones do
the game save from yesterday did load flawlessly but the 2 from today just dont

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”