Fix ships with missing docking ports, please! [Q&A GTS-6]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ioae

Fix ships with missing docking ports, please! [Q&A GTS-6]

Post by ioae » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:59

Xenon K captured. Any idea how I can repair it? Or is this a bug wherein the capital ship is missing a landing platform? Can't assign captain or anything. :( If this is not a bug, please feel free to move it from here.

TheShadowofSins
xr

Post by TheShadowofSins » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 07:08

Omg how did you get that !
There are not meant to be captured and used, they are IA ships [in lore] so no docking bay has been created ! Just a big static trophy if you managed to capture one [because you are not supposed to have one].

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 07:44

I seen a screenshot someone did of the inside of a Xenon station. It definitely looked cyberneticy. I think their ships have interiors. The problem with the K is likely just another bug. Either a bug because you can't do anything with the K or a bug because you were able to cap it in the first place.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:53

Working as intended.

ioae

Post by ioae » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:07

Aw dangit. I was hoping to start my xenon fleet :(

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:40

What we need is the old X3 tractor beam back so we can tow it. We could then park it outside one of our stations as a tourist attraction :)

Also, I imagine any of the factions would pay hansomely to have a poke around a Xenon cap ship!

Btw: if you cannot land on the ship, does that mean your marine commander and his team are stuck??

Scoob.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:43

Scoob wrote:Btw: if you cannot land on the ship, does that mean your marine commander and his team are stuck??
Contact was lost shortly after boarding was declared successful. What happened to them is unknown.

Deritus
x4

Post by Deritus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:45

Is it also working as intended on the Fedhelm? That doesn't have a dock either.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:51

CBJ wrote:Contact was lost shortly after boarding was declared successful. What happened to them is unknown.
Lol, ok :)

So, is there nothing that can be gained from capturing such ships? I mean, it's hardly worth loosing a squad of marines in the attempt is it? At least blowing up the ship you might get some loot.

@Deritus: good point, I've heard that ship has no docking port...

Scoob.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:59

CBJ wrote:
Scoob wrote:Btw: if you cannot land on the ship, does that mean your marine commander and his team are stuck??
Contact was lost shortly after boarding was declared successful. What happened to them is unknown.
Nothing happens to the marines. They're safely tucked aboard the ship. The boarding officer vanishes without a trace, however.

I've had a few experiences where a ship could be docked before, but not after capture. I lose more officers that way...

ioae

Post by ioae » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:20

For xenon ships, it would be interesting to have some kind of ai override command software that the boarding party could install, if only to send it back to station to strip it or reengineer it :P maybe a mod or something.

Lise
x3tc

Post by Lise » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 19:38

CBJ wrote:
That sounds like a bad joke CBJ, is that communicated to the player in any way other than the team just disappearing?

In the game's current state stuff like that just looks like a bug. Why are they able to succeed in boarding and only then vanish.

Wouldn't it be more instructive just to have them die as soon as they board?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:08

Deritus wrote:Is it also working as intended on the Fedhelm? That doesn't have a dock either.
No, as I understand it that's not intended.
Lise wrote:That sounds like a bad joke CBJ...
Well spotted. Clearly it's not quite right as it is; I just rather liked the idea that they vanished without trace.

Kwitzak
x3

Post by Kwitzak » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:32

LOL
"X-Rebirth is optimised for computers from the future" - Bernd Lehahn, 2013.

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:33

CBJ wrote: Well spotted. Clearly it's not quite right as it is; I just rather liked the idea that they vanished without trace.
new way to fix a bug: make them think,that it's intended. :lol:

jurrehart
x3tc

[BUG] new FEDHELM ship unusable

Post by jurrehart » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:52

GAME DATA
############
Language : English
Version : 1.14 (steam)
Extensions/Mods : None
Gametpye : Freeplay

BUG DESCRIPTION
#################

Bought a FEDHELM at the Capital Shipyard in "Shady Vault" zone, by docking at the shipdock at the right side of the shipyard (the one on the same patform as the HQ/bullet like icon).
Buying in the following manner.

- talk to ship dealer (by pressing f)
- 1 new ship
- Select FEDHELM & press 4
- Weapon selection screen no changes pressed 4
- Drone selection screen no changes made as no surface drones where available so pressed 4
- Building confirmed by pressing <ENTER>

When to other shipyard dock (center one), and looted some warez, got report that building of ship was completed. Talked to ship dealer to see if I could modify freshly builded FEDHELM with
surface mining drones but non e availble so closed interface.
Thus I went back to the previous ship dealer the one I ordered the build (rightmost dock), went to talk to the ship dealer but option 2 for modifying ship was not availble.

Thus I started to check if ship was still there through menu 5 -> 2 and saw it was in squad.

So I decided to try and mine anyway so I flew off and tried to enter mining mode but it complained "you have no ships able to do this".

So I tried to contact ship to get it out of my squad and reenter it in the squad to see if that would fix the "complaint" so i went menu 5 -> 2 again and clicked "CO" button
but no other options then "ship status(4)" & "back(6)" were available.

Save & DxDiag

harold5187
xr

I had a similair incident, which may be related to yours...

Post by harold5187 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:59

I saved up over 9 million bucks, and went to Shady Vault to buy the Rihanna Energy ship, and after paying for it, I skipped the other options, for fear I would not have enough money, so after purchasing the ship, I took notice of the time which said around either 4 minutes, or 4 hours, one of the two; I'm hoping it was minutes...

Anyway, I clicked the Encyclopedia button next to the Rihanna Energy Transport, which gave me a totally different price than what was listed, and when I hit the Back button, the price I bought the ship for had disappeared, and was replaced by the proper price...

So 8 real hours later, my ship has not yet completed, and is still stuck at
%0 percent, so perhaps the price bug is possibly related to the ship never being constructed, just a guess, but either way, it's not working as it should!
Create a game for money and you will fail; Create a game from your heart, and the money will follow!

Krunch
x3ap

Re: [BUG] new FEDHELM ship unusable

Post by Krunch » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:22

jurrehart wrote:GAME DATA
############
Language : English
Version : 1.14 (steam)
Extensions/Mods : None
Gametpye : Freeplay

BUG DESCRIPTION
#################

Bought a FEDHELM at the Capital Shipyard in "Shady Vault" zone, by docking at the shipdock at the right side of the shipyard (the one on the same patform as the HQ/bullet like icon).
Buying in the following manner.

- talk to ship dealer (by pressing f)
- 1 new ship
- Select FEDHELM & press 4
- Weapon selection screen no changes pressed 4
- Drone selection screen no changes made as no surface drones where available so pressed 4
- Building confirmed by pressing <ENTER>

When to other shipyard dock (center one), and looted some warez, got report that building of ship was completed. Talked to ship dealer to see if I could modify freshly builded FEDHELM with
surface mining drones but non e availble so closed interface.
Thus I went back to the previous ship dealer the one I ordered the build (rightmost dock), went to talk to the ship dealer but option 2 for modifying ship was not availble.

Thus I started to check if ship was still there through menu 5 -> 2 and saw it was in squad.

So I decided to try and mine anyway so I flew off and tried to enter mining mode but it complained "you have no ships able to do this".

So I tried to contact ship to get it out of my squad and reenter it in the squad to see if that would fix the "complaint" so i went menu 5 -> 2 again and clicked "CO" button
but no other options then "ship status(4)" & "back(6)" were available.

Save & DxDiag
This is related to this bug: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=351050

I am sure that if you try to dock on that ship, your game will crash.

jurrehart
x3tc

Post by jurrehart » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:27

Not sure if it's the same problem as the FEDHELM has no docking possibility.

Zapranoth

Post by Zapranoth » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:34

If I understand your selections during the build process, you didn't give it any mining drones. It cannot mine without them. Also, at the end of the ship build dialogue, you are presented with the total price and the option to go back to previous screens to make chages. Once you finalize though, you get what you chose, "warts and all" :P

I have been habitually saving the game prior to any major choices. I can roll back if things got wrong... very wrong...

Zap

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”