Fix ships with missing docking ports, please! [Q&A GTS-6]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jurrehart
x3tc

[BUG] new FEDHELM ship unusable

Post by jurrehart » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:52

GAME DATA
############
Language : English
Version : 1.14 (steam)
Extensions/Mods : None
Gametpye : Freeplay

BUG DESCRIPTION
#################

Bought a FEDHELM at the Capital Shipyard in "Shady Vault" zone, by docking at the shipdock at the right side of the shipyard (the one on the same patform as the HQ/bullet like icon).
Buying in the following manner.

- talk to ship dealer (by pressing f)
- 1 new ship
- Select FEDHELM & press 4
- Weapon selection screen no changes pressed 4
- Drone selection screen no changes made as no surface drones where available so pressed 4
- Building confirmed by pressing <ENTER>

When to other shipyard dock (center one), and looted some warez, got report that building of ship was completed. Talked to ship dealer to see if I could modify freshly builded FEDHELM with
surface mining drones but non e availble so closed interface.
Thus I went back to the previous ship dealer the one I ordered the build (rightmost dock), went to talk to the ship dealer but option 2 for modifying ship was not availble.

Thus I started to check if ship was still there through menu 5 -> 2 and saw it was in squad.

So I decided to try and mine anyway so I flew off and tried to enter mining mode but it complained "you have no ships able to do this".

So I tried to contact ship to get it out of my squad and reenter it in the squad to see if that would fix the "complaint" so i went menu 5 -> 2 again and clicked "CO" button
but no other options then "ship status(4)" & "back(6)" were available.

Save & DxDiag

harold5187
xr

I had a similair incident, which may be related to yours...

Post by harold5187 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:59

I saved up over 9 million bucks, and went to Shady Vault to buy the Rihanna Energy ship, and after paying for it, I skipped the other options, for fear I would not have enough money, so after purchasing the ship, I took notice of the time which said around either 4 minutes, or 4 hours, one of the two; I'm hoping it was minutes...

Anyway, I clicked the Encyclopedia button next to the Rihanna Energy Transport, which gave me a totally different price than what was listed, and when I hit the Back button, the price I bought the ship for had disappeared, and was replaced by the proper price...

So 8 real hours later, my ship has not yet completed, and is still stuck at
%0 percent, so perhaps the price bug is possibly related to the ship never being constructed, just a guess, but either way, it's not working as it should!
Create a game for money and you will fail; Create a game from your heart, and the money will follow!

Krunch
x3ap

Re: [BUG] new FEDHELM ship unusable

Post by Krunch » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:22

jurrehart wrote:GAME DATA
############
Language : English
Version : 1.14 (steam)
Extensions/Mods : None
Gametpye : Freeplay

BUG DESCRIPTION
#################

Bought a FEDHELM at the Capital Shipyard in "Shady Vault" zone, by docking at the shipdock at the right side of the shipyard (the one on the same patform as the HQ/bullet like icon).
Buying in the following manner.

- talk to ship dealer (by pressing f)
- 1 new ship
- Select FEDHELM & press 4
- Weapon selection screen no changes pressed 4
- Drone selection screen no changes made as no surface drones where available so pressed 4
- Building confirmed by pressing <ENTER>

When to other shipyard dock (center one), and looted some warez, got report that building of ship was completed. Talked to ship dealer to see if I could modify freshly builded FEDHELM with
surface mining drones but non e availble so closed interface.
Thus I went back to the previous ship dealer the one I ordered the build (rightmost dock), went to talk to the ship dealer but option 2 for modifying ship was not availble.

Thus I started to check if ship was still there through menu 5 -> 2 and saw it was in squad.

So I decided to try and mine anyway so I flew off and tried to enter mining mode but it complained "you have no ships able to do this".

So I tried to contact ship to get it out of my squad and reenter it in the squad to see if that would fix the "complaint" so i went menu 5 -> 2 again and clicked "CO" button
but no other options then "ship status(4)" & "back(6)" were available.

Save & DxDiag
This is related to this bug: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=351050

I am sure that if you try to dock on that ship, your game will crash.

jurrehart
x3tc

Post by jurrehart » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:27

Not sure if it's the same problem as the FEDHELM has no docking possibility.

Zapranoth

Post by Zapranoth » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:34

If I understand your selections during the build process, you didn't give it any mining drones. It cannot mine without them. Also, at the end of the ship build dialogue, you are presented with the total price and the option to go back to previous screens to make chages. Once you finalize though, you get what you chose, "warts and all" :P

I have been habitually saving the game prior to any major choices. I can roll back if things got wrong... very wrong...

Zap

Fenris159

Fix ships with missing docking ports, please! [Q&A GTS-6]

Post by Fenris159 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 10:20

I tried to board a Gangrene Chaser, finished successfully however at the end Yisha mentions a new commander will be brought on board before we can use it. I wait.... and wait... nothing.

So if the commander is not going to get on board and it just sits there green, holding all my marines. How did the developers plan for us to take these ships if at all?

Another thing I don't get is why we would destroy the jump drive, why not just hack it? once you disable the ship it can't jump or boost to stations for repairs. I would understand taking out half the engines for lost mobility.

Anyway does anyone know a way to mod the save file to bypass this issue in the mean time? Somebody needs to make a mod that changes the boarding procedure.

Zothen

Fix ships with missing docking ports, please!

Post by Zothen » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:17

Theres no way to get an engineer, captain or any other crew on board a Fedhelm, because the docking port was forgotten (no, its not too small).

This significantly reduces the usability of the Fedhelm (no engi to repair, no def officer to use drones, etc).
(Also discussed here (german) http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4218963)

This also seem to apply to other ships as reported here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=352040

Did anybody of you find more ships that should be dockable but arent?

csaba
x4

Re: Fix ships with missing docking ports, please!

Post by csaba » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:30

Zothen wrote:Theres no way to get an engineer, captain or any other crew on board a Fedhelm, because the docking port was forgotten (no, its not too small).

This significantly reduces the usability of the Fedhelm (no engi to repair, no def officer to use drones, etc).
(Also discussed here (german) http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4218963)

This also seem to apply to other ships as reported here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=352040

Did anybody of you find more ships that should be dockable but arent?
hmm I don't really think every last ship needs docks and all sorta personnel. I use a Fedhelm to mine some ore. Of course I'd get pissed if it gets damaged and then it can't be repaired. So something has to be done.

Also it needs an option to cancel follow when it contacts you that it finished mining and will come to you. Something like: "Don't come damnit I'm in middle of a battle!!!!"

Barec_Gesh
x4

Post by Barec_Gesh » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:15

this i would like to know as well as i captured a arawn and it has no docking port so i cant get my experienced marine officer back

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:21

We're working on it. The Xenon ship may not necessarily be changed, but others should be.

Barec_Gesh
x4

Post by Barec_Gesh » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:27

ok thank you

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:29

Hm, I may have misread which ships were being referred to. I will have to get back to you on this.

Edit: Confirmed that Fedhelm is one of those where the docking ability will be restored.

Zothen

Post by Zothen » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 13:46

CBJ wrote:
Lise wrote:That sounds like a bad joke CBJ...
Well spotted. Clearly it's not quite right as it is; I just rather liked the idea that they vanished without trace.
Not sure why you are a moderator or something, but somebody should have told you that irony often doesnt work well in written form. But feel free to make jokes on our bill.

And thanks for the update. Looking forward.

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 14:44

Docking port is a problem since last (I think 1.14) patch guys. After this patch my construction vessel "lost" its docking port, so I'm unable to dock. I think their changes has impact the save file structure, so maybe we should start over a new campaign/free play after each patch. (or maybe if not after all patch, but when they change save file structure, or the method game handling these type of data)

Ruges
x4

Post by Ruges » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 16:10

CBJ wrote: I just rather liked the idea that they vanished without trace.
Could be a good start of a quest.

theslay

Post by theslay » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 16:30

Nibel wrote:
CBJ wrote: Well spotted. Clearly it's not quite right as it is; I just rather liked the idea that they vanished without trace.
new way to fix a bug: make them think,that it's intended. :lol:
"It's not a bug, it's a feature" is actually quite an old tactic :wink:

Norsk

Post by Norsk » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 17:26

CBJ wrote:
Lise wrote:That sounds like a bad joke CBJ...
Well spotted. Clearly it's not quite right as it is; I just rather liked the idea that they vanished without trace.
http://static.neatoshop.com/images/prod ... jpg?v=1935

waddymc
xr

Post by waddymc » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 11:49

Can confirm the docking port missing on some arawn too.

Just capped one and no docking icon, cant click on ship at all, just green square confirming it belongs to me but no dock icon at front.

Sincerity
x4

Re: Fix ships with missing docking ports, please! [Q&A GTS-6]

Post by Sincerity » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 16:35

ioae wrote:Xenon K captured. Any idea how I can repair it? Or is this a bug wherein the capital ship is missing a landing platform? Can't assign captain or anything. :( If this is not a bug, please feel free to move it from here.
You can fix it, by editing save, and adding port by youself.

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:15

Fedhelm has none for sure, I've checked multiples.

I couldn't find one on the Hermod I saw but I haven't seen many so I'll try to keep an eye out, as I initially thought the Sequana had none, but it's just in an odd spot and you have to be very close for it to pop up.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”