deleted

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tatakau
x3tc

deleted

Post by tatakau » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 10:42

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 12:27, edited 2 times in total.

loubert
x4

Post by loubert » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 10:44

No, it's new with this patch, and you're not the only one experiencing this - I am, too. My setup is very similar to yours.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 10:54

Actually no, nothing in the latest patch would change performance in that area. People have been seeing a lot of variation in performance from the start and a lot of false correlations have been drawn. Rest assured we are investigating.

Kalanur
x4

Post by Kalanur » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 11:45

CBJ wrote:Actually no, nothing in the latest patch would change performance in that area. People have been seeing a lot of variation in performance from the start and a lot of false correlations have been drawn. Rest assured we are investigating.
I've had no perfomance issues until 1.15. All previous versions worked fine and now I have huge perfomance hits regardless of low, high or medium settings. There are several others experiencing this so maybe something broke with the patch.

And I've just tested it and as soon as one of my captains is calling me regarding fuel my FPS are going down.

ChronoX
x4

Post by ChronoX » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 12:44

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I've started noticing huge FPS drop after patch 1.15 when I'm getting the in-HUD characters talking.

Once the conversation is ended and the HUD goes back to "no signal" the FPS picks up again and everything is back to normal.

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 13:19

CBJ wrote:Actually no, nothing in the latest patch would change performance in that area. People have been seeing a lot of variation in performance from the start and a lot of false correlations have been drawn. Rest assured we are investigating.
Hmmm... I got performance dropping after 1.14, now I've got even further performance drop. :( Even if you telling us, you didn't make any change related to this, as many of us (users) revealed that performance issue is related your AI and thread managing code, even you didn't change that part, we're experiencing performance drop. :(

Dargrim

performance drops when viewing an NPC

Post by Dargrim » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 14:16

I've got a good pc, so normaly performance is no problem.
But this game behaves strange.

Everything is ok, till any type of npc is in visible range. Then frame rate drops drasticly and game starts to stutter. When you stop looking on any npc game starts to work normaly.

The most irritating detail is it also affects the co-pilot. So it more convenient to get out of "bridge" and navigate menus from there. :o

Raumkraut93
x3tc

Communication screen sucks a lot FPS

Post by Raumkraut93 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 14:33

I just realized how much the communication screen impacts the performance.

Every time I go into communication with a person (on my ship or with Yisha through the main menu on stations), my framerate is dropping from around 30 FPS to 10 or less!
"Dies ist alles, was ich über den Krieg weiss: Einer gewinnt, einer verliert
und nichts ist nachher so
wie es vorher war."

"Stellt eure Truppen auf, oh große Generäle,
Der Preis des Sieges übersteigt den Preis der Niederlage."

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 14:36

If you could please provide us with a DXDiag, it should provide us with a decent idea of what you are running,

Also, is this occurring since day one, on all x-rebirth games (i.e. have you tried a new game to see)

juju1111

Video communication screen on cockpit kills my fps.

Post by juju1111 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:12

Hello, dunno if it is a reported problem not really a technical issue but more of an optimisation one, just not sure where to post, I ve noted that when characters appears in the communication screen the fps drops from 50+to 20-, I m on a gtx 660.

If a mod can forward this to the devs, Hope this could help

Kalanur
x4

Post by Kalanur » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 00:53

Ghost139 wrote:If you could please provide us with a DXDiag, it should provide us with a decent idea of what you are running,

Also, is this occurring since day one, on all x-rebirth games (i.e. have you tried a new game to see)
Dxdiag
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxj6Lo ... sp=sharing

I've done a "fresh" start after 1.15 came out. Removed settings and savegames.
High FPS drops are occuring always when communicating via the monitor.
Sometimes when I load a game the FPS are very low <5 and stay so until I quit and restart the game.
Also sometimes after a few minutes of playing FPS are dropping and also requires restart.
The scenes when crew member enters/leaves the skunk also huge perfomance drop which goes away right after the scene is over.

All this occurs regardless the settings. It doesn't matter if high or low, shadow on/off, windowed/fullscreen.

No problems with 1.14 and previous version. Played it on almost maxed out settings fine until 1.15

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 04:19

I too have been having this issue ever since 1.15, saying its not the patch causing the performance issue is bs

stevensred5
x3

Post by stevensred5 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 17:30

Exact same issue here with 1.16, high end rig GTX680 etc, never happened before

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”