No saves to load

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

monsto

1.18 Load menu missing.

Post by monsto » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 08:27

I can load a quicksave, but the load menu page has no text on it.

I realize that this may be related to upgrading to the patch, so what file(s) could i delete and do a 'verify game cache' to attempt to restore it without having to redownload a bunch of gigs

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 09:46

Same problem here. Load screen is blank.

So I started a new game and play until my latest save gets broken (as continue still works) which can happen as we know it.

Save games still work as usual.

Depechenova

No saves to load

Post by Depechenova » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 15:03

Yep the load game screen is blank. The box is there and I know there are 10 saves. But the box remains empty, The only option I have to play is continue game, and added to the autosave feature isn't helping either. Because I have no way to back track my saves, because the game will only load the latest save :gruebel:

Ghost139
x4

Post by Ghost139 » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 15:47

Where are your saved games on your PC?

please provide the OS (winxp/7) and the path to your saved games

thanks

Mark Laiho
x4

Post by Mark Laiho » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 08:52

Not sure if you use extensions.

Any zip file in the extensions directory counts as an extension.

I had this problem where I shifted the zip files since the all count as extensions I had no valid files so it so no list showed up in load game.

I had to edit all the save games to get them to show up.

luclin

Post by luclin » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 00:42

I'm having the same problem. How did you edit the save files exactly? Do you mean you simply changed the names or did you actually open up the file and edit something else?

thanks

luclin

"Load Game" list totally blank

Post by luclin » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 01:24

I can no longer see saved games. The saved game files are still in the Xrebirth savegame folder and I can see them in the "Save Game" menu, they're just invisible. I can still load the most recent game from the main menu, though.

It seemed to have happened after I moved some mods around.

I've uninstalled/reloaded the game, deleted ALL my save games and the folders they resided in and turned off steam sync, just in case. Even searched my registry for any remnants of the game that might have remained after uninstallation.

Same thing after re-installing. I can save games and a file is created, they simply do not appear in the "Load Game" menu.

I've seen a couple other posts with this problem, but no fixes. Any other 'beta testers' out there with a fix for this or any ideas about it?

monsto

Post by monsto » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 09:23

You should have searched the forum.

The problem is that there's a corrupt save game.

The fix is to remove that corrupted save game and the list will reappear.

I found mine by just removing them selectively. When I removed all the autosaves, my list reappeared.

Take note: I said remove, not delete. so if you move them elsewhere, it will have the desired effect.

Mark Laiho
x4

Post by Mark Laiho » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 10:19

I did remove some savegames so that might have what monsto said.

On the other hand save game wont start if the extensions that were used fro the save game aren't there. I assumed since all my save games used the same extensions and I just shifted the zip files since they were all broken I assumed that was the problem. There is a number of posts about it but at the start of the save game file is the extensions are listed if you remove them it may fix the problem. Save before editing save files.

penggolf
x4

Load Game list post 1.18

Post by penggolf » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 21:34

cant see the list of saved games in the load game list

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”