OS X support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 2. Feb 16, 14:22

Thanks for the savegame, we looked into the issue and it appears related to floating point optimizations in OSX-masterbuilds. We have a fix for it and it'll be included in the next beta.

Prosik
x3tc

Latest Steam Beta

Post by Prosik » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 06:19

Tried again after the recent update to try and play the campaign. Bought the HOL DLC too. Got a captain on board the skunk. Unable to deliver to the first ship. Option not available to deliver. I saw the captain go onboard the skunk.

Second try new game did a save right before getting to the player owned freighter ship prior to going to "buy" a captain, destroyed the two drones then ->. Game crashes this time before getting to the closest station from the player owned freighter.

Still not looking good here can't even get more than maybe 30 minutes into the game.

Running on a late 2013 IMac 32gig ram GTX 780m 4gig Running 10.10.5.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 11:50

Hello,

Could you get me savegames for both issues ?
For the crash - please send me the crashreport so I can take a look.
Email is in the first post in this thread.

Please also include all versionnumber ( should be sth like 4.0 xxxxxx osx yy )
It's visible in the first screen, where you select "new game".

Regards
/R

fr3aksh0w

joystick sensitivity

Post by fr3aksh0w » Tue, 26. Apr 16, 15:33

hi, I have a t.flight hotas x on my macbook pro late 2013, running yosemite 10.10.5. and latest steam version of x rebirth with both TO and HoL DLCs. button configuration and everything works wonderful, as well as deadzone. only trouble with joystick configuration is the sensitivity value doesn't make any difference, making the game completely unplayable with the joystick :/ pity considering I bought the joystick for this game. is this bug common/known/being addressed?

nhojuhc

xbox 360 driver 0.16 not working with game

Post by nhojuhc » Wed, 22. Jun 16, 04:00

Hi,

I just purchased this game (X Rebirth - HOL 4.00) from GOG and wanted to try it out with my xbox 360 controller. I installed the 3rd party xbox 360 driver 0.16

I have OSX 10.11.15 El Capitan installed on my 2013 iMac (16GB RAM GTX780M 4GB)

The xbox360 controller shows up in the gamepad profile settings but I am unable to use it all.

Should I use an older version of the driver? like 0.12? Or is there an update on the way that addresses this issue? I'm not sure where to inquire otherwise.

J

Tychonoir

2016 MacBook Pro Framerate Issues

Post by Tychonoir » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 06:19

Sorry, I would have posted a new thread, but the forum kept kicking me back to the forum index every time I clicked "New Topic"

I'm getting a poor framerate on a brand new 2016 MacBook Pro that is above the recommended system specs. The game defaulted to medium quality, and I even tried low quality, but there was no discernible framerate difference.

Any ideas?

• Version and language (e.g. 1.1 English, etc.).

English. I don't see the version number listed anywhere on Steam, but I downloaded it a few days ago. (Up to date according to Steam) The actual app on the hard drive buried in the steam application support folder says 4.0

• Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below).

No.

• Type of game played (Campaign, Free Play etc.).

Campaign.

• Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time.

Poor framerate. More noticeable in stations, but it's everywhere.

• Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred.

None.

• Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to screenshots and crash dump files (see this FAQ entry).

N/A

• Your system specifications in the form of a DXDiag report (see this FAQ entry).

DXDiag not applicable. However:

OS 10.12.1
2.7 GHz i7
16 MB RAM
Radeon Pro 460 4MB

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 20:35

@ Tychonoir: I'm not a Mac expert but about your posting issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 2016 MacBook Pro Framerate Issues

Post by rboerdijk » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 09:59

Tychonoir wrote: I'm getting a poor framerate on a brand new 2016 MacBook Pro that is above the recommended system specs. The game defaulted to medium quality, and I even tried low quality, but there was no discernible framerate difference.

Any ideas?
What resolution are you running on?
try setting it to e.g. 1600 x 900 in the gfx-settings.

Also, there is an update coming ( currently in beta - at the moment windows-only ), which has some performance optimizations.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”