Stray Pixel

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZonedOut
x4

Stray Pixel

Post by ZonedOut » Sun, 24. Jan 16, 01:54

Does anyone else see this annoying little stray pixel (the little dark dot pretty much center of the pic). It stays at that fixed position anytime I'm in flight mode.

[ external image ]

Before someone says it,,, dead pixels on monitors don't show up in screen captures. Now I would almost go for some bad ram on my video card but it's only there in Rebirth. In fact, even in rebirth the mouse pointer and the (i) labels on stations are immune to it.

DxDiag:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq8s9aisvafcp ... 6.txt?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 24. Jan 16, 14:28

Yes, there are a few such cockpit mask artifacts seen that obviously vary with cockpit chosen and with screen resolution.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Markus
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Markus » Tue, 26. Jan 16, 16:43

Tried to reproduce, but I can't see it here. Can you give me some more details like your screen resolution, graphics card model, and graphics options settings?

thanks

ZonedOut
x4

Post by ZonedOut » Wed, 27. Jan 16, 23:30

Markus wrote:Tried to reproduce, but I can't see it here. Can you give me some more details like your screen resolution, graphics card model, and graphics options settings?

thanks
GeForce GTX 760 @ 1920x1080

Config file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7gjsoc05yggh ... g.xml?dl=0

I assume that will have the rest of what you need, if not let me know.

Thanks for looking!

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 12:42

I can confirm I've seen this black pixel for months, it's a thing only of the "combat" cockpit...most of the time it's there, sometimes not, I've never been able to identify the context in wich it comes up or disappear. :?

If it can be of importance, I'm on Nvidia too, I can't remember if I already saw the pixel when I was on AMD though.

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Mon, 5. Dec 16, 00:55

Sorry for the necromancy but this damn dead pixel has been such a thorn for so long I thought you maybe made it on purpose as a master troll joke. Got it on my old rig and it still shows up on the new one, even when I run the game with DSR and set it to a much higher resolution than the monitor the dead pixel is still there. It isn't perfectly reproducible on either of my computers but shows up now and then on both, across multiple versions of X:R, drivers and GPUs. Seems at least everyone gets it in the same spot, you fellas sure you're not messing with us players? :P

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”