Mining problem in zone with 6 Mineables

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PistaVH

Mining problem in zone with 6 Mineables

Post by PistaVH » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 11:36

Hi, I have a problem with mission to collect a hydrogen in concrete zone.

I have no problem with collecting in another zone.
Hydrogen is listed in the map, but not in that circle menu to mine.
This menu has always only 6 buttons - 5 for Mineables and 1 "back" button, but hydrogen is sixth material in order.
I have a Midir with scoop and trade drones only, materials which cannot be mined/collected by ship are gray and no clickable.

I aborted the mission, but this type of mission is sending me to that zone if I try it anytime and everywhere in Albion.

Many thanks for help.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 11:55

I'm not sure if that's a vanilla zone or not but there are several vanilla zones with 6 resources.

Please could you provide the additional requested info? For example, are you running any mods/extensions, and do you see this in 4.00 or the 4.10 beta?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 13:01

I think that by 'concrete' the OP means a 'specific' zone named in the mission briefing. See here.

However, in named zones in Albion the maximum number of mined resources in a zone seems to be 5. The DLC systems do have zones with up to 8 or more though (eg Toride, Koroni, Strange Transmissions). In such zones, ships with both surface and scoop mining drones will only be able to mine the first 5 listed resources.

UI issue confirmed in vanilla and betas.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

PistaVH

Post by PistaVH » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 15:18

Yes I mean specific zone named in mission.
This zone was created when I built a new station, then I renamed it in station details.

Game version: 4.00
Both DLCs installed
Mods: Helix Fix for stereoscopic 3D
Freeplay

PistaVH

Post by PistaVH » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 22:31

Still can't collect it with scopes and trades equipped only... :) Sorry if I don't understand something.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 22:41

You are quite correct. Even if you only have one sort of mining drone on your miner ship, the menu still only shows the first 5 resources. The ones that you don't have the right miner drones for are still in the mining menu slots but are greyed out.

It would be far less of a widespread problem if only the resources that you had the appropriate mining drones for appeared in the mining menu slots. However even that would not help mining ships with both types of mining drone in zones with over 5 resources.

I suppose a rough and inelegant solution would be to restrict all zones (named and temporary) to no more than 5 resources each and to make sure the Sector balance of available resources was not too badly affected by the resulting changes. The alternative would need UI changes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”