Low framerate with good hardware - again - resolved by game beta update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheRealBix
x4

Low framerate with good hardware - again - resolved by game beta update

Post by TheRealBix » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 06:28

Two things

First : It seems to be a performance loss with time while playing. After few hours on the game, framerate can drop from 60 to 30. It's easy to fix with a reboot of the game but I think it's worth to notice.

Second : In some cases it seems the game doesn't run very well, at least it dosen't run as it should. Here a screenshot where you can see my hardware and the monitoring curves :

http://tinyurl.com/gmzqnht

I get 45 fps while sitting somewhere (Last Line(?), Omicron Lyrae), my CPU isn't running at full capacity on any core and the GPU is also drinking a fresh beer alongside a swimming pool at 50-60% of utilization.

So, what is the bottleneck here ? Is there anything to do to increase framerate ? It's quite tedious to get less than 40 fps in some situation while the hardware isn't used at full or near full capacity...

The DXdiag as usual http://tinyurl.com/z3s8ffw but there's nothing to see. Ah yes, I don't use the very last geforce driver.

edit : I've even tried to disable the GPU overclock, and put even lower frequencies to core and memory, the framerate of the game didn't changed.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 09:52

Ok, I've just tested the 4.1 RC, just to see, and I get 80fps instead of 45 on the same scene :o

You should advertise somewhere that this patch increase performance that much !

ReignDance

Post by ReignDance » Sun, 26. Mar 17, 18:19

How did you get the beta? I know where I'm supposed to get it, but I can't seem to get there. Every link I click on for it, I just get redirected to somewhere else.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Mar 17, 19:43

@ ReignDance:

Where and how to get the public beta.

If you keep being redirected to the Forum Index.

I hope these help. Locking, as this Tech Sp issue was resolved a month ago.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”