Game suddenly won't boot

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

surengr
x3tc

Game suddenly won't boot

Post by surengr » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 06:15

I am running X-Rebirth (Steam) on an Alienware with an Intell I7 6820HK CPU OS Windows 10. I have noticed whenever there is a Windows update I get an error upon booting X-Rebirth of an error and to contact Egosoft. If I cold boot the machine again everything works.

Now last night there was no Windows update, but when I booted X-rebirth I got the same error message. Cold booted a dozen times and it happened each time. In this forum I found advice to disconnect cloud in Steam and to reset audio to 16K DVD on NVIDIA card. Tried both. No effect. I can't seem to find anything else in the forum and am looking for help.

Error reads:
Xrebirth encountered a serious error 15
Please contact egosoft support. Error Createdevice (nvisia geforce GTX 980M wh=3849x2160 bb-wh=3840x2160 displymode =10 FAILED HR=2005530516(D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 12:58

Have you verified the XR Steam gamefile cache?

If you have recently updated your graphics driver or have changed display device, resolution or format, then have you checked that the in-game, graphics card control panel and OS graphics and display settings are consistent and all a native option for your system hardware and drivers?

If none of this helps then please post a full fresh DxDiag.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”