CV stuck waiting for another ship doing nothing

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lostboron

CV stuck waiting for another ship doing nothing

Post by lostboron » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 00:42

Using 4.10 with both extensions, no mod.
One of my CV (the one from the campaign in DeVries) is waiting for another one of my ships to transfer something. That other ship is long done, and doing nothing. I can't do another transfer with the CV, because it is busy. Since it's a CV, I can't give it orders. Ordering the other ship doesn't change anything. It looks like a bad situation. Is there any way to reset the CV transfer ?

Edit: looking at details, it seems the ship is waiting for drones. It has no freight drone, I don't know if it ever had some (my guess is that it did and they somehow disappeared). It is at 100% hull, I don't think it was attacked.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 02:27

just for clarification: is the CV attached to a Station (buildspot)? (meaning is/was it used for construction purposes)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 03:39

UniTrader wrote:just for clarification: is the CV attached to a Station (buildspot)? (meaning is/was it used for construction purposes)
Yes.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 14:03

It is the first time I see that with a deployed CV. My usual advice would be to swap the NPC responsible for the bugged function. It would usually be the captain, but in this case it might be the architect.

Is the other ship gone, or is it stuck "waiting for drones" or "undocking"?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 23:50

Ezarkal wrote:It is the first time I see that with a deployed CV. My usual advice would be to swap the NPC responsible for the bugged function. It would usually be the captain, but in this case it might be the architect.
I tried to replace the captain, but this is not possible (maybe because it's a CV, or maybe because he is busy).
Ezarkal wrote:Is the other ship gone, or is it stuck "waiting for drones" or "undocking"?
The other ship has finished with that task a long time ago, and has done a lot of other things since then. That does not have any effect on the CV...

I am afraid the only solution (again) is to blow up that CV...

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 00:35

Well I tried to destroy the CV, and I could not make it drop the hull below 25%. I think this was mentioned here. Because it is used in the campaign, it is indestructible. It would make sense to lift that flag at the end of the campaign, but apparently that did not happen.
So I guess the only solution would be to use a mod to destroy that CV. Sigh.

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 04:51

I finally installed this mod and released the CV. I replaced it with another one, and it seems to be doing OK so far.
I sent the bugged CV that caused me so much trouble to XZ Gamma. I keep hearing their screams :twisted:

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 11:35

If you still have a savegame of the CV in a bugged state, I'd like to take a look. If you want, you can e-mail it to me or try hosting it somewhere.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”