XR wont start anymore ? - Mostly resolved by deleting config file.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 5. Dec 17, 21:06

Nikola515 wrote:It looks like my SSD (where windows is installed) was low on memory so that is probably why it didn't install those updates. I got rid of some stuff to make more memory for updates now. Ill also add 16g of rom this weekend to se if it will make any difference....
Cleaning up the C: drive was a good idea. However, if you double your RAM, it'll also double the page file, which will require at least double the free space on your C: drive.

My original system was set up the same as yours - a 128GB SSD as the system drive with a separate spinning disk for data. I added a 500GB SSD as a game drive and installed all my games on that, freeing up the small SSD for just system use. I've found that my system runs much faster and cleaner, especially my games. If you can afford it, and have the expertise, doing something similar may be a good idea.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 21:46

I was just looking at 500Gig SSD and they have some good deals on them. I might actually do that..... Thanks for advice Nanook :D
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 00:07

It looks like after deleting config file all of the problems stopped (game is not crushing at start). I played game for 5 days without any problems... But game is still crushing when trying to change resolution (not all of them though).
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”