[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

wojtasior

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by wojtasior » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 08:59

Marvin Martian wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 07:56
wojtasior wrote:
Sun, 30. Sep 18, 10:57
there is some problem with cargo drones on repairship , when salvage wreck usually it collects its cargo alright but sometimes drones go crazy and teleport ( they too slow to make it other way ) to diffrent zones of sector and dont want to come back
i doesn't find any teleport stuff, do you use any additional mod stuff (like for combat AI or something else)?
the drones should dock instand if they are OOZ, thats vanilla behavior
no mods with AI , i use this mod ( just it , no new areas/ships ) plus some graphic and UI only

xr reimagined
no stardust
less fog
enhanced money transfer
pimp my skunk
show skills
simooms galactic dress code
small sun dv
XR nebules
XR planets
observation deck with skunk
more crew
mej_improved object menu
encyclopedia
exploration light
capital ship bridge
station announcements
yisha in hiringfiring
bar music
craft virtual seminars
gimme more cloths
yorricksyisha

i got save if you wanna look , drones are ooz and oos even , in zone my ships did never fly to ( just scouted by me or scouts before )

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:43

well i found out way to "comm" missing drones ( captain - details - subbordinates - ships controled ) some wierd options appear , there is "dock ships" command (no reaction) and other than that its empty but you can use "more" to explore more emptyiness ... dunno it that means something tbh

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 03:33

I just noticed/realized something....

I was just going to order my two Manticores to strip the weapons off of an enemy Nux when I realized I no longer have the ability (as in CWIR) to order my squad to take out weapons, or engines, or launch pods. That sure was nice in CWIR. Is that a bug, or intentional? If intentional, any chance of persuading you to go back to the CWIR methods?

Regards,
Thufar

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 04:04

Wait isnt that part of the mod boarding option?

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 04:17

That's kind of what I was thinking, Jocan2003, but it's not in my game. is it in yours? For me, the fleet boarding just makes the squad ships fly to the target, unload boarding pods, and fly a safe distance away.

Thufar

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 05:01

Marvin, I think this is for you...

Okay, I've got another thing to bring up regarding the building of Business Centers. NOTE: I have little to no previous experience with Contractors with CWIR.

As I did a week or so ago, once again I've ordered an HOL-CV from the capital shipyard in District 08. This time I flew to the edge of Zone 08, selected a build location in Empty Space (to keep my BC safe from enemies). ordered the BC built by Contractor, build ready to use, and flew back to the shipyard to wait for my second HOL-CV to finish constructing.

I then noticed a CV, not assigned to any faction fly into view. Wondering about a capping opportunity (those 100 Construction URVs look real juicy for my 3 Ayosanas), it then flew off to Zone 7 and I followed, by the time I caught up it had deployed and started construction of a BC adjacent to an existing npc one. Huh. So I took a mission, came back and the CV was gone. Wondered if that was my Contractor so I reloaded save.

Then I flew to the center of that Empty Space zone and ordered BC by Contractor and Ready to Use. I noticed the npc CV in that Zone, then it powered off to another Zone. Didn't follow, reload again. Think it might/must be an Empty Space bug.

Third time I ordered my BC to be build same way but in Zone 08. In came npc CV, flew to my selected build spot, built first stage and ordered materials for second stage. It needed energy cells, bio-optic wiring (if I remember correctly) and reinforced metal plates. Terran Universal Transports delivered energy cells, then Bio-wiring, but before rmps arrived, the CV closed up and jumped away, leaving the deployed constructor drones. The third Terran Transport flew to the CV spot (now empty space) disappeared there.

...and I still don't have by Business Center. Guess I'm going to have to do this the hard way and provide things myself.

On a side note, and still thinking those 100 construction drones look juicy, do I break something if I cap a contractor CV? Obviously, I wouldn't expect by station to be built... or does a second juicy target show up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards,
Thufar

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 08:09

short test works fine (besides of Empty space thing, CV left and came back later to start building on another Buildspot??), finally got may BC Station

did you select with Crew?

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 13:48

Marvin,

I don't know what you mean "with Crew." I assume you're talking about the building selection(s) of the Contractor. The selections I get are:

-Complete Build (slow)
-Complete Build (fast)
Complete Build (ready to use)

I selected the last (complete build ready to use).

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 16:08

Thufar wrote:
Fri, 5. Oct 18, 04:17
That's kind of what I was thinking, Jocan2003, but it's not in my game. is it in yours? For me, the fleet boarding just makes the squad ships fly to the target, unload boarding pods, and fly a safe distance away.

Thufar
Yes it is but doesnt seem to work, only if i initiate it myself via the boarding action (pressing F while tarvet is selected) i dont think boarding option is implemented for using squad boarding. When i i itiate it myself , i and my whole squad unload the marines at the supposed time tho (after doing the selected wipe or just launch pods option).

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 16:04

Boarding options would required a version for NF, sadly there was no simple way to add support of them into NF files directly

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 16:33

Aww, bummer!!!

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 02:05

Can tou make a sub mod using require xmod = true and patch the code of the other mode to inject your coding? or something similar. I know the xml format allow for patching but i do not know if you can patch a patch.

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 13:24

I noticed something odd when trying to build stations via contractors. In my current game, most of the zones in Albion are pretty full. Most of the time when I try to remotely order my architect to "Construct a station in zone" it immediately tells me "ERROR: no location left". What I found odd is that when I was visiting one of those zones with the CV still in my squad I could see some buildspots remaining and was even able to order a contractor to build the station by interacting with the buildspot icon directly.

A similar thing seems to happen when I try to remotely build a station in an "Empty Space" temporary zone. I flew to the zone and interacted with one of the buildspot icons directly to order a contractor to build my station. After the construction started and the temporary zone was persisted (got a zone number in the map) I tried to order my architect to "Construct a station in zone". This time it let me select a station to build but when I try to order construction via a contractor, it just displays "ERROR: no buildspot available".

Both of these things make my building efforts a bit more tedious since I have to regularly visit the zones I want to construct some new stations in (if I want to use the contractor option). The contractor build option still saves a lot of hassle and I wouldn't want to miss it anymore but I'm still wondering whether this is working as it should be?

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 04:06

Awesome mod so far, first of all.

I have an issue that I'm not sure if it's related to NF at all, but I found a pirate CV building a construction station, at around 17% I didn't kill any construction urv's or anything, and capped it/sent my own crew over. Now things are kind of weird, as I can't cancel the station, no construction URV's are going to build it (The existing ones are idle, a bunch are in the bay), and I can't issue a destruction order from the engineer (Unsure if this does anything anyway? But I did full destruction and the ship didn't blow up).

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:39

the CV should disconnected and Buildspot/or Stationmodule cleaned in case it was boarded!?

you may try to add a captain, he should have a comm-option for disconnection in case the CV is not active building

indestructable CV :? in NF is no set_object_min_hull actually set to CVs

-----

anyway, add an update to the mod for better selection of free buildspots at architects

Marineoffivers got also some improvements so you can transfer marines now also if the marine is stay at the ship in your squad
at capital boardingvessels there is also now a option at the marine-conversation available to start training, the MO will then train all marines to highest level, condition is that the marineoffivers have good skills, (or at least better then the level he have to train the marines) so a 1 star marine won't train you Veteran to Elite Marines

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 07:29

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:39
anyway, add an update to the mod for better selection of free buildspots at architects
I just tried it out and it looks like this solved both architect issues I posted. Thanks a lot :)

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 21:26

Sorry I'm not the most comfortable person when comes to Full Conversions. They tend to be normally way out of my scope making the game super hard and adding too much fluff.

But I took the time to read yours and it actually sounds more of the scopes what a Basic X Game should be. I like the idea of each faction having a wallet with a set amount. I like the idea of outside the creation of the game no one can just magically spawn stations, ships, etc.

My only issue really with the Post or the Github post is I can't find any basic info on what is actually in and if it's playable outside of testing? The most basic concepts you have I'm fully Interested in playing but I really am not sure if their in yet.

If I can be pointed more to this that be wonderful. I am a Rebirth newbie in the end before i start this I will have completed the Rebirth Campaign. But once again I don't like the whole idea of everyone in a sense having god mod.

PS: Can you see all their wallets :)? That sounds like it would be fun to see a list of the riches coperations hehe.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 18:55

Yes once in a while you can see all faction wallet in rhe logbook, also how many asset they have.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 19:13

jocan2003 wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 18:55
Yes once in a while you can see all faction wallet in rhe logbook, also how many asset they have.
Ahh Sweet. Does this mean Wallets are in, Factions starting with very little and building up is also in? The wiki someone had made does not say this nor does anywhere else I can find on both Github, etc :)

Honestly I'm just wondering if Wallets, Faction Starting with little working their way up Legit trade / wars? Right now Rebirth spawns ships with full cargo of wares and such a bit cheap.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 19:46

Actually factions start with high level of Cr to have money for buy ships and have economy run
Sadly base-ware factions mostly run out of cr and hightec earn xtra Cr
But finally factions should build all they need or buy them

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”