[PSA] Steps to make your mod work on Linux+Mac

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jth
x3

Post by jth » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:12

I have just done some testing of my mods on Linux under VMware and they all work fine. Some of them have probably been working for a while since I shifted to lower case folder names :)

I found a couple of minor new bugs while I was testing but they are in the Windows version too :(

So if you would like to add these to your list please
Regards

jth

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:28

jth wrote:So if you would like to add these to your list please
Done!

Muchos Gracias for providing the preformatted links. I'm on train WiFi on a phone (traveling again this weekend).
Copy-pasting was LOADS faster than fiddly special characters in a phone keyboard :-)

Btw;
Your "format thousands" is a godsend! now I can finally see if my YAT's transferred millions or just thousands :-)
Same for the "additional surplus info", if only Vanilla had that info!
(Do you have any idea how many "AES energy cell fac I" there are! The vanilla trade logbook doesn't mention zones!)

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Mon, 1. May 17, 14:06

Minor update: added "Upgrade All Button" to the "almost working" list, it needs one file rename. Also notified the mod-author via a post in his topic.
Lets see if it soon gets a "fully compatible" upgrade :-)

teleportationwars

Re: [PSA] Steps to make your mod work on Linux+Mac

Post by teleportationwars » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 03:33

How is the performance on linux vs windows?

Svilenov
xr

Re: [PSA] Steps to make your mod work on Linux+Mac

Post by Svilenov » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 18:40

Some additional mods tested and working on Mac (therefore will work on Linux too :roll: ). The system they were tested is in the signature bellow, with game v. 4.30 and through Steam subscription: And these are mods whose creators claim have been tested on Linux / macOS however I didn't try them (don't need them or don't like the idea): Finally, these are the mods that require some 'tweaking' to work on macOS, mainly lower-casing file-names and folder-names within the mod:
  • Show skills (StormMagi) The Nexus Mod version is updated for v. 3.0 of the game. It requires to lower-case all the two filenames and one folder name to work on macOS
macOS Mojave, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”