[Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Mike7495
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri, 3. Jul 09, 05:10

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Mike7495 » Wed, 1. Jan 20, 22:33

Launch XRConvertersMain.exe from the command line.... Hope I didn't miss this, but how? I've loaded everything from what I can tell. Xcattools,Converter tool.... But how do I do a command line. So far if I double click on the XRConvertersMain.exe. a tiny black screen flickers and that's it.

Cg089
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri, 18. Jan 19, 20:25
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Cg089 » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 20:14

Look up "Command Prompt" for Windows, there are tons of guides online. Nobody explained it because most modders already know what that means, but basically, you go old school & open up a terminal and run it from there. Short version is you search command prompt in the bottom left search box, open that, then start XRConvertersMain.exe in that window.

Mike7495
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri, 3. Jul 09, 05:10

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Mike7495 » Fri, 8. May 20, 16:24

Cg089 wrote:
Sat, 7. Mar 20, 20:14
Look up "Command Prompt" for Windows, there are tons of guides online. Nobody explained it because most modders already know what that means, but basically, you go old school & open up a terminal and run it from there. Short version is you search command prompt in the bottom left search box, open that, then start XRConvertersMain.exe in that window.
Thanks. I got it, but its not converting the files. Guess I'm not cut out for modeling. lol

omti
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat, 5. Jun 04, 21:06
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by omti » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 23:15

Hm, it always tells me I misswrote the command or it couldn't be found.

I've used the following command:

XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01_data\anim_moon_v1-lod0.xmf"

Anyone got an idea what the problem might be?
Ohne Neugier wäre die Menschheit immer noch in der Steinzeit oder nicht einmal dort!


Money implies poverty - Ian Banks: The State of the Art

User avatar
KrYcHokE
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed, 2. Dec 15, 14:15
xr

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:43

Set path for XRConvertersMain.exe. and with importxmf command you should use xml file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XRConverter\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01.xml"

omti
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat, 5. Jun 04, 21:06
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by omti » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:50

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:43
Set path for XRConvertersMain.exe. and with importxmf command you should use xml file:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XRConverter\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01.xml"
Thank you this worked :) Now I have a Cluster_01.dae file. Let's see what's in it :D
Ohne Neugier wäre die Menschheit immer noch in der Steinzeit oder nicht einmal dort!


Money implies poverty - Ian Banks: The State of the Art

Skvvair
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 14. Nov 20, 10:19
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Skvvair » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 23:02

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:43
Set path for XRConvertersMain.exe. and with importxmf command you should use xml file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XRConverter\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01.xml"
The command did not produce any result for me. d: \ XRConverters \ XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d: \ modingX4 \ rabot2 \ titan \ assets \ units \ size_l" "d: \ modingX4 \ rabot2 \ titan \ assets \ units \ size_l \ ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml "

User avatar
KrYcHokE
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed, 2. Dec 15, 14:15
xr

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by KrYcHokE » Mon, 16. Nov 20, 00:19

It should be like this:
d:\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan" "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml "
path to converter .exe, path to folder where game exported (where assets folder), path to .xml file and data folder with .xmf files, converter take path to data folder directly from .xml file so do not use size_l folder for ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml

Skvvair
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 14. Nov 20, 10:19
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Skvvair » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 19:22

KrYcHokE wrote:
Mon, 16. Nov 20, 00:19
It should be like this:
d:\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan" "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml "
path to converter .exe, path to folder where game exported (where assets folder), path to .xml file and data folder with .xmf files, converter take path to data folder directly from .xml file so do not use size_l folder for ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml

I was able, thanks. I had an error. But the converter immediately exits as if I launched it through a double click.
The file is not created. d:\ModingX4\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl" "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml"

User avatar
KrYcHokE
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed, 2. Dec 15, 14:15
xr

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 21:27

In your case X4-F folder should be as destination in second path:
d:\ModingX4\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F" "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml"
Converter works only from Command Prompt.

Skvvair
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 14. Nov 20, 10:19
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Skvvair » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 22:11

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sat, 21. Nov 20, 21:27
In your case X4-F folder should be as destination in second path:
d:\ModingX4\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F" "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml"
Converter works only from Command Prompt.
https://ibb.co/V9wN7ZG dae did not appear either in the X4-F folder or near the original xml file

User avatar
KrYcHokE
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed, 2. Dec 15, 14:15
xr

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 22:42

Ok, i uderstand, converter should find textures, you should extract folders: libraries and assets
and place them:
d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\libraries
d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets

Skvvair
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 14. Nov 20, 10:19
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Skvvair » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 22:48

Entire X4-Foundation game unpacked to X4-F folder using XRCatToolGUI https://ibb.co/HqXqFpr

Post Reply

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”