[Mod] Show Skills

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 19:55

I don't mind hosting. For this fix all I need to do is change the md file location right?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 20:32

That's all I did.

Not sure if even that's necessary though. I didn't test it with the version of Show Skills that's up on Steam Workshop, and a couple of people with more experience than me said that it shouldn't affect the script.

Can test that next. Currently working on a sort of explanatory Let's Play to help illustrate the math in terms that make sense in-game over at my rebalance project. Need it myself to get a grasp on what it actually does, and what might be good to do with it next.

Just let me know if there's anything more I can do to help.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 23:31

Tested the exact same scenario, but with a pristine, untouched copy of Show Skills downloaded from the Steam Workshop.

It took a while, but Styrvok eventually launched Construction URVs. Change in status came a couple of minutes after launch of the drones, but Engineer status did later change to say "Repairing Matter/Antimatter Drive" same as in my test with my altered copy, and with vanilla.

So, in my opinion, no fix needed. Works as is in X Rebirth v3.1

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 00:06

Wierd.... I think I will do the MD file change you mentioned just to be on the safe side since based on what Unitrader said it seems it was searching everything for a command and with the change it found it faster. Should have that posted later tonight.

Edit: WTF why do I have a triple post... I only edited once to make it what the last one said....

2nd Edit: update posted
MOD XR Show Skills

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Wed, 28. Jan 15, 15:17

Is it working with 3.20RC2?
Thanks!

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 29. Jan 15, 03:23

StormMagi wrote:Wierd.... I think I will do the MD file change you mentioned just to be on the safe side since based on what Unitrader said it seems it was searching everything for a command and with the change it found it faster. Should have that posted later tonight.

Edit: WTF why do I have a triple post... I only edited once to make it what the last one said....

2nd Edit: update posted
I'm glad it's been fixed. :)
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Sasha13
x4

Post by Sasha13 » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 14:50

It doesn't seem to work on my pc (X: Rebirth ver. 4.0). I used to have it work on older version of the game, but not anymore. Maybe ity got broken with the last release? Or maybe the install through Steam Workshop isn't working properly... I have other mods installed though.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 16:20

X Rebirth 4.00 introduced a change that means we now know the skills of all the NPCs we have hired without needing to put them to work somewhere first. Perhaps something about that change has lead to incompatibility with this mod.
CBJ wrote: • Added revealing of NPC skills when they are hired.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347278

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 16:44

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:X Rebirth 4.00 introduced a change that means we now know the skills of all the NPCs we have hired without needing to put them to work somewhere first. Perhaps something about that change has lead to incompatibility with this mod.
CBJ wrote: • Added revealing of NPC skills when they are hired.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347278
or play CWIR mod, all NPCs on YOUR stations will have their skills revealed. :-)

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 17:19

odd since I don't seem to be having issues with the mod. Works fine for me on 4.00

Sasha13
x4

Post by Sasha13 » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 17:53

Okay... I think I now found my "issue". It was between the chair and the keyboard. I remember this mod not needing to hire npcs to show their skills... Didn't know you needed to hire them first now >.<;;;

Thanks a lot for helping :)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:12

Sasha13 wrote:I remember this mod not needing to hire npcs to show their skills...
You're remembering it right. The mod allows NPCs to show you their skills when you ask them.

If you're seeing the skills only after you hire them, that's not the mod. That's in vanilla 4.0.

edit: hm. just looked at the script and can't see anything that could've broken. can't check in-game right now, but what's wrong?

Does selecting "Show Skills" in conversation not show you their skills anymore?
Or is the option to "Show Skills" not appearing anymore?

Sasha13
x4

Post by Sasha13 » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:25

w.evans wrote:
Sasha13 wrote:I remember this mod not needing to hire npcs to show their skills...
You're remembering it right. The mod allows NPCs to show you their skills when you ask them.

If you're seeing the skills only after you hire them, that's not the mod. That's in vanilla 4.0.
Ow... Then I do have a problem. My game is new, and when I talk to npcs (or rather, before I talk to them, on the popup on the side of the screen), there are only question marks displayed. Maybe I need them to be friendlier before they display their skills ? Or do I really have to "ask" them in the chatting thing? The npc I was targeting didn't display the question to be asked, only "where is", "I want to hire you" (to which she answered "no") and other unimportant stuffs I think...

EDIT: Now I got the thing working properly for no apparent reason o.o Sorry to have wasted your time... >.<;

EDIT 2: The show me your skill command wasn't available ingame. But now it is. Idk what happened. In any case, it's fixed :)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:29

No problem. Think there were some changes to some conversation options and thought the "Show Skills" option might have been removed from non-employee NPCs. Would be fair if it was, I think, since just showing question marks when selecting that option looked funny.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 06:08

Thanks for checking that w.evans. I have tried, several times, but I just can't get into X:R like I could X3:TC so I am just waiting for the next Egosoft game and hoping. :(
MOD XR Show Skills

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 10:10

no problem, StormMagi. i use the mod too, and it would suck if it suddenly stopped working.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 16:18

w.evans wrote:no problem, StormMagi. i use the mod too, and it would suck if it suddenly stopped working.
I tested the mod, it is partially working. It works when you are on a station and talking to the npc and it works when you are using the hud menu, but it does not seem to work when using the side screen menu (I mean the actual screen that pops up as part of the skunk).

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 23:19

I think that is a new feature? The original mod was from back when you had to walk around stations so a change or two might be needed if there is another venue to talk to people now...
MOD XR Show Skills

lestofante69
x4

Post by lestofante69 » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 08:11

Hello everyone, this hack works well with V4.0?
He does not compromise the save, and the main mission?
Thank you for an answer
CASE: iTek Ninja
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-core 4GHz
VGA: KFA2 GTX1060 EXOC 3GB
RAM: KINGSTON DDR3 1600MHz (8 GB)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 09:44

lestofante69 wrote:Hello everyone, this hack works well with V4.0?
He does not compromise the save, and the main mission?
Thank you for an answer
Hello again :)

Just in case you've not see it, there's a really nice forum thread where players share knowledge about what mods are still working here. On that page this mod had a 4.0 listing so players have found it to be working fine so far. If you experience any problems do feel free to ask though.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”