[MOD] More Crew on Skunk ver 1.3 Dec 31 2014

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 12:00

as i see this you replace the Skunk Interior xml, but i wonder why you dont use the patch method? this would increase compatibility significant ;) (the same probably applies to PMS)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 13:04

I have been able to carry two engineers on the Skunk (one for the Skunk - the first one hired typically) and a second one - you just recruit them to work elsewhere.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 14:10

UniTrader wrote:as i see this you replace the Skunk Interior xml, but i wonder why you dont use the patch method? this would increase compatibility significant ;) (the same probably applies to PMS)
I saw a similar remark on the Nexus. It's simple: I do not like error messages. :p

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 22:04

well, then do the research instead of botching :D :P

here how to fix these errors wif diff files: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4290586 ;)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 22:36

UniTrader wrote:well, then do the research instead of botching :D :P
Since you went AWOL someone has to do the testing :p
UniTrader wrote: here how to fix these errors wif diff files: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4290586 ;)
Nice find, keep it coming. Next please: lua UI editing :D

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 22:40

euclid wrote:Nice find, keep it coming. Next please: lua UI editing :D

Cheers Euclid
denied. i wont do request work. :P and have enough stuff WiP currently ^^

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 21:53

here how to fix these errors wif diff files: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4290586 ;)
Well, I had some spare time to test your "fix" but it doesn't work for me. Hence I'll leave the "long" file in my mod (for now).

Cheers Euclid

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 23:31

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I have been able to carry two engineers on the Skunk (one for the Skunk - the first one hired typically) and a second one - you just recruit them to work elsewhere.
Hmm, I've been trying to carry two engineers on my Skunk but cannot.. I only get the option to work on my ship. Perhaps I have too many crew on board. I have an Engineer, Defence Officer, Marine Officer and an Architect.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 01:50

DarthVain wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I have been able to carry two engineers on the Skunk (one for the Skunk - the first one hired typically) and a second one - you just recruit them to work elsewhere.
Hmm, I've been trying to carry two engineers on my Skunk but cannot.. I only get the option to work on my ship. Perhaps I have too many crew on board. I have an Engineer, Defence Officer, Marine Officer and an Architect.
Nope, I've tested that with only one engineer in the crew quarters and still can't hire another. I think it has to do with the special role of the engineer on board the Skunk.

Cheers Euclid

seedee
x4

Post by seedee » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 02:13

that's strange, i can get as many engineers i want on my skunk (by crew capacity limit)
first one : work on my ship, automatic in fact
others : "work somewhere else"

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 03:03

seedee wrote:that's strange, i can get as many engineers i want on my skunk (by crew capacity limit)
first one : work on my ship, automatic in fact
others : "work somewhere else"
For me the 'work somewhere else' doesn't show up.

DarthVain

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 14:59

Thanks seedee & Roger, you made my day :)

In the past "Work somewhere else" would remove one engineer from any of your ships/stations and I've not used it. But due to your remark I've re-tested that and it works now - thank again :)

@DarthVain If you do not get this option then the engineer works for the NPC station and cannot be hired. Try another one.

Cheers Euclid

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 16:58

New update - see OP for details.

Cheers Euclid

Fumblesneeze
x3tc

Post by Fumblesneeze » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 17:02

euclid wrote:

Well, I had some spare time to test your "fix" but it doesn't work for me. Hence I'll leave the "long" file in my mod (for now).

Cheers Euclid
I could get it to work using this. Godspeed.
Streaming while writing mods: twitch.tv/fumblesneeze

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 02:56

euclid wrote:New update - see OP for details.

Cheers Euclid
Hmm, Can't download, file is hidden.

DarthVain

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 14:06

DarthVain wrote:
euclid wrote:New update - see OP for details.

Cheers Euclid
Hmm, Can't download, file is hidden.
:oops: link updated

Cheers Euclid

FritzHugo3
x4

Post by FritzHugo3 » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 12:37

please can any give me a alternate link for this mod?

I dont know why all peoples like the nexussite? So many other site who are better and worked. Im not understand it.

Ever and ever the shit Nexus are down or link does not work or some other.

A lot of thanks for the mod and i hope the alternate link.
Ich fordere mehr und vorallem gerechtere Verteilung von Keksen und Süßkram für die "Magischen 20"! Daher wählen Sie jetzt die DPFGKV, die Deutsche Partei für gerechtere Keks - Verteilung!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 13:19

Hi FritzHugo3 :-)

Sorry you got problems with the download. I've just tested it and had no problems. Please try again.

Cheers Euclid

FritzHugo3
x4

Post by FritzHugo3 » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 13:21

Yes now i can visit nexussite but it is so often that the site are down or errors or some else. I hate the site :lol:

But thanks for mod
Ich fordere mehr und vorallem gerechtere Verteilung von Keksen und Süßkram für die "Magischen 20"! Daher wählen Sie jetzt die DPFGKV, die Deutsche Partei für gerechtere Keks - Verteilung!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 20:30

New version that provides 15 crew members in the Skunk's backroom (see OP).

Happy 2015 and ...

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”