[GAMESTARTS] Transcend - Lost Colony (updated March 20, 2017)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 22:47

Excellent! I'll be adding it tonight if I have the time. Thanks. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Vandroy2

Post by Vandroy2 » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 05:38

No highway version still doesn't working.Who's can help to fix move.generic for 3.2 game version to force own ship s/m class travel between sectors?

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 17:57

Thanks for this MOD, I am enjoying it.

S & M ships that the player owns prior to adding Transcend (No Highways) to an existing save (which did have highways) may not receive the modified booster.

Possibly the same applies to existing NPC S & M ships in the universe.

New NPC ships created by shipyards and spawned S & M ships (Transcend system upon MOD install) will have a booster, so it might be a case of just waiting for natural wastage and recycle to occur before all NPC ships behave as the MOD intends. You can accelerate this by destroying them or waiting for pirate raids to do it.

Regarding your own S & M ship stock, I recommend selling them and building new ones which will inherit the properties defined by the 'No Highways' version of the MOD.

This is all conjecture as I'm not technical, but have observed (excuse the pun) ship behavior indicating my explanation.

Perhaps the author may be able to provide a method to resolve this retrospectively? (although I imagine it may not be viable)

Cheers
-LC-
Always expect the unexpected, and you will never be surprised.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 18:10

There are the <patch_macro ... /> and <patch_macros ... /> commands which should make it possible to alter macros which are already in a save file. Haven't played around with either command, though, so not sure what parameters they need and how reliable they are.

Information for both commands in libraries\common.xsd.

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 13:02

so a Gigarum I purchased does indeed now have a boost capability.

But I have noticed some further properties of the no-highway version which will need to be fixed or else for me it may be a case of going back to a previous save before its too late.

The Gigarum I mentioned... I instructed it to fly to my position... it boosted, but once its shield has depleted, it reverted to normal speed (slow). I then repeated the instruction via new order and again it boosted until its shield depleted. Assume the same thing will happen to NPC ships.

There are a lot of NPC fighters hanging around... I have noticed that if one fires a shot they spring back to life... but ultimately it looks like all their instructions have been interrupted... it won't be possible to reactivate them all manually.

I am still not convinced either way whether mass traffic actually contributes to inter-zone trading... if it does then removing them will mess up the economy which as we all now is not the most robust at the best of times.

Hopefully Observe will read this and address, else I can only recommend this MOD with a new game start.

Thanks
-LC-

Vandroy2

Post by Vandroy2 » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 15:10

In new game no-highway version still doesn't work.s/m ships don't trawel between sectors.They can fly only between zones.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 15:26

This problem is old as the my life.:D About this nor times written. Can be you find the time and fix it.

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 22:07

Yes I saw your comment above which mentioned smaller ships stuck in a jump cycle (without jump drives).

Perhaps Observe cut and paste too much of the larger ship move AI into the smaller ship move AI in an attempt to solve the booster problem.

And for NPCs somehow the booster should not use the shield.

I see drones are being introduced to the Sucellus so fighter support won't be such an issue.

@w.evens

Unfortunately those script commands don't mean anything to me other than they sound powerful and dangerous... properly why no one has tried them out yet :-)

-LC-

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 22:37

The patch_ commands are a possible way to patch boosters into:
Leafcutter wrote:S & M ships that the player owns prior to adding Transcend (No Highways) to an existing save (which did have highways) may not receive the modified booster.
Like I mentioned, I haven't tried those commands, though, so don't know how well they'll work for this particular situation.

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 15:23

For those who may be interested...

I have been persisting with the No-Highways version of this mod (as an alternative to my old plot save) and as time has progressed things seem to have settled down.

I see less M ships flying around, but more L freighters to replace them... perhaps the AI knows to do this. I have done the same by selling M and buying L for station managers.

The economy for me at least has not come to a grinding halt.

The only other problem is the method of pirate or xenon S fighters spawning...a less aggressive place without highways in the original systems of DV, AL and OL. Maybe this is unconnected.

-LC-

Vandroy2

Post by Vandroy2 » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 23:01

your ship s/m class can travel between sectors?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 9. Apr 15, 18:54

Transcend - No Highways v. 1.34 (upd. 3.012)

I watched as a booster works.

1) The booster only works in the sector.
2) the ship s / m does not fly to another sectors and systems, trying to calculate the parameters of the jump. But jump drive is not present at class s / m.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Thu, 13. Aug 15, 00:36

Heya, i have a few questions about this mod:
- Is it intended that the entire sector/zone/highway locations/layout is the exact same as the one of Omicron Lyrae? Or is something wrong with my game/the installed mod?
- Is it intended that the galaxy map icon of Transcend is at the exact same location of Maelstrom? Looks kinda ugly/wierd and it is impossible to select Transcend by doubleclicking the galaxy map icon since you select Maelstrom instead.

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 01:31

Rei Ayanami wrote:Heya, i have a few questions about this mod:
- Is it intended that the entire sector/zone/highway locations/layout is the exact same as the one of Omicron Lyrae? Or is something wrong with my game/the installed mod?
- Is it intended that the galaxy map icon of Transcend is at the exact same location of Maelstrom? Looks kinda ugly/wierd and it is impossible to select Transcend by doubleclicking the galaxy map icon since you select Maelstrom instead.

- Yes.
- Yes. You can select from the right side menu while on the Galaxy map.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 8. Jan 17, 03:02

Hello all. I am considering updating this mod, but it's been ages since I played Rebirth, or payed any attention to this mod. I know there were things that people requested changed and some things that were/are not working correctly.

If anyone is still playing this mod, I wonder if you could let me know the short list of things that I should attend to in this next revision.

Thanks.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 8. Jan 17, 12:54

Welcome back :)

I switched to vanilla for bug hunting a while ago so it's been a while since I used this mod. Maybe some of the following notes on recent game changes could be useful.

Mass traffic
There have been a couple of documented fixes, including for the way it can be used by a station's cargo drones to trade with other stations in-zone. If the optional removal was for performance or aesthetic reasons, maybe this isn't important though.

Medium ships
They have received moderate increases to their base speed, and gained Skunk-style boost engines (for combat and fleeing combat). The base speed helps when there are no highways but capitals are probably still the logical choice in such circumstances.

Vanilla game start with free station
A bug preventing the replacement of CVs at the free Pharma Lab in the Empire Builder start was found and fixed in 4.00. If there was any problem with the mod's free stations in the past, it seems fine now (I destroyed the CV at the free Energy Array and I could ask an Architect on a new CV to work deploy to the station).

Tree of life map
There are jump beacons at every zone apart from Hermit's Refuge. Not sure if that was intentional so mentioning in case it wasn't.

Station construction in "Empty Space"
Just before your last update to this mod, we gained the ability to build stations in temporary zones to make them permanent, and after we can rename the zone. This probably isn't news to you. We [still] cannot make highways so there's still similarity to the "no highways" version of this mod.

NPCs on player-owned stations
Player-owned stations now become populated with NPCs like the inventory ware traders etc. I am checking the mod in 4.10 beta quickly and these NPCs appear on the free stations in the mod's Empire start - nice.

On that note though, there are Mechanics included in the list of NPCs working on both stations. I can't remember if that occurred with the mod under earlier version of Rebirth. If it was done as a work-around for there being no NPCs on player-owned stations in the past, perhaps it isn't needed now.

Free Engineer on the Skunk
In the 4.10 beta, we only have "Goodbye" as a conversation option when talking to the free 5* Engineer on the Skunk (empire start). This means we can't assign them elsewhere if needed (not terrible though). On the other hand, if we ask another Engineer to work on the Skunk, the free Engineer still only has "Goodbye" as an option so probably cannot be removed.

Home of Light DLC
It's 3 new systems have a connection to Maelstrom but it's in a different sector to this mod's connection so I presume they are compatible with each other.

Free capitals in empire start
They typically have 999 units of fuel. Not sure if intentional or a side effect of something that changed in Rebirth at some point.

Change to the vanilla OL system map
Alongside pirate capitals starting to collect wares from ships the destroy, a pirate station was added to Murky Skies (the analogue to Hidden Meanings in this mod). That station doesn't appear in the mod when I open it in 4.10, which makes sense (probably a naive thing to bother checking but I am not a modder so thought I might as well).

New Start menu and equipment
Support has been added for separation of info. For example, in the default game starts, things like location and starting ships are in their own boxes. Hart to describe - probably easiest to look at the vanilla game starts to see if the option is of interest. On a related note, SETA and a player ship jump drive are now in the game via crafting rare loot. Mentioning in case adding one or the other fits with the ethos of the mod's empire start.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 8. Jan 17, 13:02

When I first encountered this mod it had a more aggressive start, this was toned down ( understandable for some players ) ... I hope that the option for a more aggressive/harsher Transcend would be available.... :)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 12. Jan 17, 04:06

Thank you very much for the concise list and suggestions! I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to pick this up again, but updating this mod is long overdue. Thanks.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 14. Jan 17, 20:42

Great to see you back Observe :D
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 7. Mar 17, 02:50

This mod originally came with both a no-highways and standard highways versions. I produced the no-highways version, because I personally hate them (highways).

However, due to reasons I don't exactly remember, the only version I have on Steam workshop, is the one with highways.

I have a question: If I have only one version, is the no-highways or the highways version preferred?

Thank you.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”