[MOD] Galaxy Station Range v1.4 (update 27th Feb '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 15:02

I switched to the workaround 1.3.6 and all seems to load and work OK.
Range is set to galaxy in the game..

Now , are you saying I should proceed to 1.4 by 1: editing save game as per deleting the line illustrated in the post, then delete 1.3.6 from extensions file and past new 1.4 into extensions file, launch game . I am probably thick but want to be sure I am doing it right.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 15:14

thats the way
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 18:17

Thank you for fixing it, after doing the steps everything appears to be working again.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 01:22

Well, that worked !! A tip for others, turning off game save compression
will make the Save edit a bit simpler. I just turned it off ,saved the game so
I had an uncompressed Save and voila. Thanks Y.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 10:47

Good work getting everyone back up. I don't actually use this mod, but this is the very thing that held me back from releasing any mods I had forged.

I've only release two, and got a report that one of them wasn't working in one of the beta release. Turned me ghostly white with terror when I thought of the problems that might come about getting it fixed, and the possibility of breaking peoples saves.

So well done on getting it fixed in a timely manner and helping people out who couldn't get through all the steps themselves.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 11:38

Thanks for keeping this mod update Its one of the must have mods for me

I am playing a Plot game & have not opened the gates to OL Yet!

i think i have found a small bug in the trader ships asssigned to arcitecs they are going in to unexplored space to trade i.e. going in to hol before the player has entered the area

Posible fix ?
would it be posible to black/white list stations as you have with YAT ?
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 13:12

Not within the scope of this mod. Additional functions for YAT are planned.

EDIT : A bug/feature allows many gates to open at the same time the al <> dv gate opens in the plot. It would seem more sensible for them to open when the dv <> ol gate does but that's egosofts decision not mine :)

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 02:51

it seems this mod doesnt work with the warehouse station.. it changes all the options to the ones on normal stations and you cant add wares or set prices for them when using this mod..

otherwise great mod, didnt test it with other stations tho but from what ppl are saying here it works like a charm..

Mad Marder
x3ap

Post by Mad Marder » Wed, 4. May 16, 16:37

Okay since I couldn´t get it to work, the way you described it :evil: (meant @ me for being unable to understand) , I went brutal!

And I got it to work in the end! :D

Here is how I did it.

I wrote down all extensions I use. (yes on paper! :lol: )

Then I went into the extensions folder. I took a safety copy of the content and deleted it all. I unsubscribed all my extensions in steam.

Started the game to check and found no extensions. Just the basic game. I closed the game again,.

Now I resubscribed to all my extensions in steam and reinstalled my DLC´s. (untick the small hook behind installed. wait a moment then tick it again. Steam will download it then once more.)

After checking once more I copied the full mod in the extensions folder.

Restarted the game and now it´s working!

I hope this will help the other players that are like me no computer geniuses! :oops:

Thanks for this mod without it the game is not really playable!
Navigare necesse est - Seefahrt tut not

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 4. May 16, 16:42

Enough to remove all the mod that are you subscribe and run the game.

In this case, 100% game update all mods.

Uriens The Gray
x4

trading with unknown station

Post by Uriens The Gray » Wed, 6. Jul 16, 03:09

Using this mod (which is a good work indeed) in the campaign, causes ships, which are asigned to player stations, trying to trade with stations, which are currently not discovered/visited by the player.

This leads to errors like this ones: (Extract from log-file)

Code: Select all

[General] 480057.91 ======================================
[Scripts] 480057.91 *** aicontext<move.jump,0x3036216>: jump failed with reason: ERR_NO_JUMPPATH_FOUND
[Scripts] 480057.97 *** aicontext<move.generic,0x3038b55>: ERROR: Jump to ?? Lost Colony(position.[0.000000m, 0.000000m, 0.000000m]) failed
[Scripts] 480058.10 *** aicontext<move.generic,0x287edff>: ERROR: Jump to TER Warehouse I(position.[0.000000m, 0.000000m, 0.000000m]) failed
[Scripts] 480058.26 *** aicontext<move.generic,0x302d5a3>: ERROR: Jump to TER Metalworks Yard I(position.[0.000000m, 0.000000m, 0.000000m]) failed
[Scripts] 480058.37 *** aicontext<move.generic,0x3038d55>: ERROR: Setting $nojump to false as the destination is in another sector. On OCP 03 Trader C in Fervid Corona
[General] 480058.37 ======================================
Can this be fixed ? (Well, it NEEDS to be fixed !) or is it already fixed ?

Maybe, it just might need a check, if the targeted station is known to the player.
[/code]

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 6. Jul 16, 15:21

You can certainly fix it. When you know you can't trade outside of Albion, *don't set it to try*. Fixed :D

petr.ishimu
x3tc

Post by petr.ishimu » Fri, 22. Jul 16, 17:00

i'm using the Hiigaran Crossroads Cluster mod as well as this and started building stations there. i've not crossed over into DV yet.

i noticed that ships assigned to the architect or station managers like to try and trade with unknown stations. obviously i have to set them to galaxy as the hcc is practically empty (aside from the 4 pmc and 4 civy stations)

mind you, since i've not entered sectors outside of hcc and albion, how would the manager/etc know where to trade? i noticed faction relationship with aquawhatsit and some other pharm company as well as teladi union showing up in the relationship page. wonder where they came from.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 21:58

Hi,

I've installed this, however, I do not get the "Galaxy" range option, as shown in the screen shot on the mods Steam page, for my managers at any of my stations - all have the radar built. Am I missing something?

Mod is installed and enabled.

Edit: Ok, looks like there was a problem my side, the mod was corrupted. I downloaded the manual version, and it's working fine. Can't remember if my first attempt was using the Steam one or not, I installed this ages ago and only just had cause to activate Galaxy range on one of my stations.

Scoob.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 05:05

Thats probably it scoob, older version got taken down and new one in place, unfortunately that causes XR to think there's both versions due to 2 different ws_xxxxxx references. Silly steam and massive lack of flexibility.

Thanatos00
xr

Post by Thanatos00 » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 13:11

Hi Yorrick,

First of all tyvm for your mods!

I have the same problem as Uriens : I'm trying to build the URV plot station using your mod. I've assigned a Titurel to the architect (galaxy range), but it seems to be stuck (doing nothing) on "trading with unknown Station".
YorrickVander wrote:You can certainly fix it. When you know you can't trade outside of Albion, *don't set it to try*. Fixed :D
My station is in Devries, I have access to Albion but not yet to the other systems (X Rebirth 4.0, no DLC). Did you mean that my station won't be able to trade with Albion, until I unlock all systems ?
I think I don't have this problem with your (fantastic) YAT, my ships seem to only trade with stations I've discovered.

Romz
x4

Post by Romz » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 12:45

Looks like working on 4.30

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 16:56

Hi, thought I would notify you of some error messages I found related to your latest MOD version.

I posted about it in this thread: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=398611
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 22. May 18, 18:04

Sorry for very late reply. I'm afraid I haven't been active in modding for quite some time. I'd say try unpacking the mod and adding the ="" w.evans suggested :) If I do reinstall the game to take a look it might be even more weeks -> soon(tm) before anything got done.

reanor
x4

Re:

Post by reanor » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 05:44

YorrickVander wrote:
Tue, 22. May 18, 18:04
Sorry for very late reply. I'm afraid I haven't been active in modding for quite some time. I'd say try unpacking the mod and adding the ="" w.evans suggested :) If I do reinstall the game to take a look it might be even more weeks -> soon(tm) before anything got done.
Hi, YorrickVander! I need an older version of your mod to be able to load my game, this is the error:

Can you please provide this 1.35 version, or if there is any way to force edit your newer mod and fool the game into thinking it's required version?
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”