[MOD] Galaxy Station Range v1.4 (update 27th Feb '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 04:04

I Installed this mod in Beta 4.0 today. I noticed in the game start menu a red flag on same mod . bak. I am wondering if the mod is included as standard and therefore a .bak ie backup file. ie galaxy wide trading in 4.0 ?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 10:54

eep. blunder on my part. the error is caused by my not replacing the internal id with the steam ws_xxxxxxx id so the game sees it as 2 separate mods with same name.

solution : open content.xml for the new version, change save=true to save =false. load and resave your game. Open both mods content.xml and replace the new versions id with ws_xxxxx from the steam one.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 06:25

Well the internal ID was OK I think since I subscribed to the mod.It has a ws_ number The . bak version only contains an error message ws_invalid . I turned off the . bak extension in the game menu .

The new version does not have a save=true so cannot change to false.

Game works OK but your mod does not appear in the management architect

detail ie no range option. Any thoughts ? Possible to back out and retry ?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 14:05

I don't see this issue - testing an architect on working CV I see the range option on details whether accessing via station details or cv details. May I confirm that you are using XR version 4.0 rc1? This new version is possibly not compatible with 3.61 due to changes in the lua.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 23:30

Yes using Beta 4.0 20752. What station ? My architect is on a construction ship. Cant build the station because no FR's.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 12:21

Tested directly on warehouse + solar energy array. If you are running the base game, or base game + Teladi Outpost dlc then the deep lack of fusion reactors is normal unfortunately. This is simply a waiting game. Tip : Build rmp + fr facts first and you're laughing.
Spoiler
Show
This situation changes with the HoL DLC. With that enabled you get much more choice for the order in which you can sensibly start your station empire.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 13:12

Thanks for the tip. Yes I realise that starting out you can prepare , if you only new, should be informed thru missions. Anyway I decided to restart and deleted reloaded game. The thing is a mod of the same name doing the same thing is installed as standard, I looked in extensions. This probably the cause of my previous prob with the mod installation. Doesn't seem to have your name on it but maybe Nom De Plume ?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 13:21

In steam client search for galaxy station range in the workshop and unsubscribe for now. I'll post up in this thread when the workshop version is updated :)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 13. Feb 16, 12:30

Best not to use this in 4.00rc 1 till fixed again, it's breaking the ui for buying drones etc.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 02:03

Hi Y, I am a bit confused , after reinstalling this is in the Extensions folder

name="Galaxy Station Range v1.3.5 (for XR v3.61)" description="v1.3.5 updated by Phipz/Chudnofsky to work with new ui modding interface. Thanks + hugs to Phipz :)

Allows setting station Managers subordinate range to Galaxy if the radar dish is built.

(NOTE : Mod will list itself in save game as removing it with Galaxy range active may have consequences)

(Any issues are best reported on the ES forums as I check there more frequently http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=369302)" author="Yorrick Vander" version="135" date="2015-03-06" lastupdate="1425635204">
<dependency version="310"></dependency>
<text language="44" name="Galaxy Station Range" description="Allows setting station Managers subordinate range to Galaxy if the radar dish is built." author="Yorrick Vander"></text>
</content>
Is this the mod or not, noted referral to Radar Dish built ?

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 14:21

Hello Y, Been playing HOL after completing campaign in 4.o Beta. Had your mod installed, forgot to remove before restart. All going well however until tonight suddenly on load a save incompatible save , missing extension. Notice Trade Range disabled, enabling does not help. What changed ?

Fatbaticus

Post by Fatbaticus » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 15:23

Yep same situation here, galaxy trader is disabled and I can't re-enable it, 240 hours on this save so far and am hoping this gets sorted.

Dripc
xr

Post by Dripc » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 15:32

Go to your savegame folder unpack save...Open with notepad ctrl+f find galaxy range and delete that lane....save...launch game ;)
<patch extension="ws_285697432" version="135" name="Galaxy Station Range"/>

Fatbaticus

Post by Fatbaticus » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 15:56

Thanks, I can get in game now but I can no longer access my manager's information, it turns off the HUD and I'm unable to fly my ship. :lol:

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 16:07

As I posted on the 13th, it's not yet updated to 4.00 late rc/release ui code so not working unfortunately. Soon(tm).

Darkness_Shadow
x4

Post by Darkness_Shadow » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:40

Dripc wrote:Go to your savegame folder unpack save...Open with notepad ctrl+f find galaxy range and delete that lane....save...launch game ;)
<patch extension="ws_285697432" version="135" name="Galaxy Station Range"/>
That doesnt works for me. After changing it in my ingame saves i see "is not available" positions.

Greetings...
"Gott, X-R wird immer besser....."

Darkness_Shadow
x4

Post by Darkness_Shadow » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:54

YorrickVander wrote:As I posted on the 13th, it's not yet updated to 4.00 late rc/release ui code so not working unfortunately. Soon(tm).
Sorry Yorrik, but is it possible that you create a file that is deleting/clearing your Mod? Iam not able to play my save again (oder 300h gametime with your mod).

Greetings...
"Gott, X-R wird immer besser....."

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 21:45

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:03

tatakau wrote:What is going on with this mod? I put in 3 days this month, to play the game before the Home of Light expansion came out, and now that it's finally here, my saved games are incompatible because this mod has DISAPPEARED from Steam? What gives?
Firstly, mod creaters are typically volunteering their time and effort for free so please don't write in way like this that could appear demanding.

Secondly, it is well-known that when games are updated, there is a reasonable chance that mods can be broken. As much as we might like a mod to fixed straight away, we have no right to expect it, and 4.0 / HoL was only updated yesterday - hardly very long ago. Regardless of time, the risk that a mod may not work in the future is just one of those things we have to accept when we used mods.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:23

eep. foul up on my part! fix coming. really sorry folks!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”