MIS: More Immersive Skunk -- [POC] New Interiors, subsytems etc

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 19:10

I repaired the hull to 100% but the hydraulic and coolant systems are still failing, also noticed a jump in the save game size from 37mb to 53mb after taking damage.

Also the mis_gen_hyd_coolant mod is named MIS Hot Engines in the Extensions menu, and causes the menu to freeze when trying to turn it on or off.

Would love to see the latest build. :)

In case it helps, here is a zip (4.5mb) with a save shortly before taking damage (at 37mb in size), and another after the damage has taken place (53mb in size).http://www.mediafire.com/download/43665 ... zq/save.7z

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 20:34

Thanks Lander, I'll take a look.

And just to remind EVERYONE this is still pre-pre-alpha so don't messup yer saves ;)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 22:15

Small update to files ... link in 1st post.

Remember, still alpha build .... lots left to do .... if it corrupts your save its your own fault for using it ;)

Other than that, have fun :)

@lander ... my time's a little limited at the moment, but I think this version has the repair stuff in place.... iirc all consumables (hydraulic fluids, coolant, oxygen) are replenished if you land on any station (i think the subsytems are repaired also) BUT BUT BUT IF THE HULL is damaged, the subsytems will FAIL AGAIN so get it repaired ASAP.

Also, if you don't have an engineer onboard the Skunk, I'd suggest you get one ;)

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 03:06

Thankyou for the update ! :)

lawyer237

Post by lawyer237 » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 18:26

Second that. Thank you.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 23:29

Started a new game to ensure everything runs smoothly for testing.

I've noticed that the Mechanic has a few glitches (Not sure if it is from this mod or another but I suspect it is this one). Namely there is a UI freeze when trying to equip new Engines and the Inertial Hammer Mk2 (reloadui in the command line fixes the freeze). Also, there is a software available without a description for approx. 500k.
Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: False alarm, I have found the offending software. Turns out it was the mission computer mod having a fit after being unpacked from it's cat/dat files.
Last edited by Lander1979 on Thu, 26. Feb 15, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 04:00

@Lander -- thanks for the feedback :)

The software wasn't me - I'm innocent :) Don't know where that would come from.

There's potential, I guess, for engines to cause a spike n CPU usage ... maybe more ... only just downloaded 3.5 (which is what you're using) so there may be some issues. Plus I believe I may not have had time to unweave sidebar extender from the mix.

For the most part there is only just a check to see whether an engineer is onboard -- and then the repair functions will run, but they're independent of EGO scripts. In fact I think the only thing that really touches EGO files are the two new weapon types (Safe Guns & Safe Missiles) and the damaged engines/newtonian engines ... so unless something has changed there ....

Feedback is always good -- this mod, it's fairly interwoven. It's kind like 10 mods that all interact, so there's always scope for some dev brain-farts along the way :)

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 10:25

For the curious, unbelieving, stupid and/or impatient here's the PRE-ALPHA-UNTESTED-UNFINISHED-YET-TO-BALANCE-UNBUGFIXED-SPECIAL-EDITION-VERSION-VERSION DOWNLOAD
ohhh...is ME!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 22:42

I'm enjoying this a lot even at this stage, you do feel far more connected to the Skunk—it becomes fun just flying around stations, it feels like a proper shuttle. Great work.

The safety on the missiles is a great idea.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Fri, 27. Feb 15, 02:10

The safety on the missiles is a great idea.
... until the missile loader is broken by a nasty Xenon swarm intent on making your beloved Skunk into roadkill... at which point, when weapons are too damaged, they'll get locked down into safe mode -- leaving you at the whim of anything that happens to come your way (until you can get them repaired).

"It's all great fun 'till someone loses an eye" :D

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Fri, 27. Feb 15, 09:46

This mod is a really great idea! I hope you manage to finish it!

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 12:27

Is a fantastic idea. I can wait :D
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 14:18

How is this mod doing? Please keep up the great work!

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 23:40

Real life has kinda got in the way, but I'm still planing on carrying on with this once time is a little more available :)

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sat, 16. May 15, 15:52

Hello,

I did had a look at your pre-alpha version, and I must say it is really a fine piece of work. I had to uninstall it again because of the performance, but I really hope you will find the time to get this going again.

Really nice work.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Mon, 25. May 15, 18:20

I'm fixing a few bugs here and there but a new version should be incoming soon. It's a little performance heavy as each part was designed as a standalone... Obviously your mileage will vary

Stay tuned :)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Fri, 29. May 15, 06:10

And ... we're nearly to BETA!!!!! Yay!!!

New version:

Things I'd recommend ...

1. Get an engineer :)
2. Dock -- it'll repair most of you systems if they're destroyed/damaged (up to around 75%)
3. Don't get any damage to the Skunk!!!!
4. Use the default pit
5. Avoid things that shoot at you!
6. Be prepared for engine failure ... if your engines are badly damaged, you'll end up not having a fly-by-wire system resulting in the Skunk driving like a tank. Literally. (Remember the two big left/right engines on the back?)
7. Dock when you have damage -- ooh, I already said that.
8. Space is dangerous...avoid meteroid or ion showers .... unless you wanna go scavengeninging ;)
9. CHECK YOUR PLAYER STATS FOR SHIP DETAILS!!!

Not all systems are fully functional, but I gotta say I can't play without.

If FPS are poor, don't use the DX9 injector (sweetfx) .... I like it ... but you may not ... or it may lower your frame rates ... your choice :)

REMEmBER: This is an almost-beta-release!!!!

***DOWNLOAD***

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54191035/MIS.7z

Feedback welcome and appreciated :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 29. May 15, 08:58

:lol:

Senner

Post by Senner » Fri, 29. May 15, 22:51

@Ginger470

Looks interesting!
Definitely going to follow the development of this.

Could you post some more info on what it does and what has changed with the last update?

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sat, 30. May 15, 01:02

README AVAILABLE (not all systems are finished, so the readme is still WIP as well)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/541 ... Manual.pdf

@Senner ... good timing ... readme is above.

Changes in the latest version:

+Skunk should repair in all stations and/or with engineer onboard. All stations will repair the Skunks hull to 75% -- this is done because you'll find yourself needing to be repaired more often!
+ Fixed some bugs with a few subsytems
+ Added ability to shelter from micro-meteorite storms (close proximity to stations large ships)
+Changed Flight dynamics for non-assisted flight (flies more like a tank steers rather than the old version which was more like how an aircraft flew)

NOTE: If you think this is too hardcore, don't be fooled ;) The skunk will get more damage and there's all sorts of stats you can look at (under the player stats menu), but really it's just a case of docking every now and then to repair her.

Easy!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”