MIS: More Immersive Skunk -- [POC] New Interiors, subsytems etc

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lugburz
x4

Post by Lugburz » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 19:15

Testing the mod too with a few mods (tested it alone too) and noticed some bugs :

Started a new game in free play and I have problems buying weapons and engine from a mechanic trader.
Buying an Inertial hammer MK1 or MK2 makes the weapon disappearing from the vendor list and not installed on the skunk (money is used)
About engines, the window closes and cursor disappear before accepting the trade.

Tested the same after removing all MIS mods, it's back to normal but reinstalling the mod after that screws up the mod UI and weapon slots becomes weird ( one inertial hammer fonctionnal, another one in red and not usable)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 21:07

@Informer: Great video!!! How's MIS feeling for balance? Any issues so far?

@Lugburz: Can you start a new game with ONLY MIS installed and see if you get the same results buying weapons and engines?

Thank you!!!

Lugburz
x4

Post by Lugburz » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 21:48

Ok, ran some tests with a new gamestart with your mods only and still got the same problems.

I found the culprit about the engine upgrade :
mis_flight_vector_engines

As soon as i remove this one only, upgrading engine works fine :)

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 23:08

I will let you more about the balance soon. At the moment I have some issues with some missions what don't complete. I use a heavily modded game, so I don't know what is going on with that yet.
Also I have that bug that when i want to get out of the game, it takes 10 min that XR will respond again. :( But this problem also occurs with XR vanilla players. Egosoft did say they will bring a patch for this problem soon.

But anyway, I still playing and the performance still keeps acceptable in fights. Maybe I will start a new game with just a few mods, and give it some testing. If I had only more time...... :headbang: :P

BTW, A friend is also playing with your mod, but he had some save game issues. Is there a way to uninstall the mod, in a right way?

Greetzzzz
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 23:28

@Lugburz - Great information! Thank you so much for doing that!

@Informer: Honestly, I haven't looked into uninstalling ... it's on my todo.

Thanks for the feedback guys and gals :)

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 09:08

Tested on an existing save and the I/O safe option was not there for missiles, but was there for guns.
I had these mods subscribed if that's relevant: betty Plus, Inventory Craft Items Marked, more Crew, Show Skills, TAF!, none of which seem that relevant.
I was also using my preferred cockpit, the combat one (HUD looks good with that one btw).

Tested on a new save and the I/O safe was default selected for missiles and guns. Default cockpit.

Edit: Went back to by existing save and changed cockpit to the default one - HUD disappeared. The I/O safe option for missiles was still not present. Changing back to the combat one didn't being the new HUD back. So in conclusions, changing the cockpit removes the HUD.

Edit2: Undocked from Forlorn Armoury (Ascendancy- Albion) and instant collision or something, shields and hull straight to virtually 0%. Docked again straight away and talked to engineer to fully repair ship, undocked and smae thing. Repeated 4 times, same problem. Noticed that ship then invisible. Cool effect with inertia dampers screwed.
Is this related to this mod or my combat cockpit or 'normal' game bug?
Edit3: limped to another station , docked, repaired and undocked - same issue.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

Niradil
x4

Post by Niradil » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 18:54

Niradil wrote:Hi Gringer, thanks a lot for your amazing work, it's PERFECT :D

But i've a small problem (sorry for my bad english), your HUD doesn't work, he's not complete.

I used your old version, and now, with your new version, i've that :( :
http://s16.postimg.org/x9amyp3lx/XRebir ... _27_22.png

{Image replaced with Link - UniTrader}
Niradil wrote:Thanks UniTrader for the link, now i know :)

It work with a new game.

For the old version, she have the same bug, because I remove the mod, and I had reactivated between two saves, I hoped that the new version fixes this bug, but no.

Before installing the new version, I only delete all files of the old version, it is not enough ? :(

How clean a save game properly ?

Again, sorry for my bad english, and thanks for you reply :)

I also tried disabling some parts of your mod, or modify the .xml files HUD, but I still found nothing :/

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 18:51

MIS just thinks it's already drawn the hud so it isn't redrawing it ;) Should be an easy fix, just a little busy at the mo ... should be ablt to take a look over the weekend .... sorry for the delay.

Niradil
x4

Post by Niradil » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 18:54

No problem Ginger, real life in first ;)
You're a hero for me :D

Lugburz
x4

Post by Lugburz » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 21:00

Ran a 2nd test to find the culprit about screwing up inertial hammer weapon buy & upgrade :
mis_weapons_safe

I removed it, brought the upgrade and put it back, it worked fine and all weapons are ok with IO safe available too :)

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 22:32

Thanks, no pressure. Redraw after undocking perhaps.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 18:59

I did test some more, and i find some strange behavior.
First, I use this mod with the X:R Conquer mod v0.15s, and Encyclopedia, bridge mod, auto trader, and some other small mods.

When I started with this mod, I used it with my a save game, so not a new start. First everything did looks fine, but I did notice that all missions, where you have to deliver a passenger to a station, (late for a meeting missions, and so on) doesn't complete. When i want to drop off the passenger, and I am docking to required station, the mission doesn't complete, and the passenger doesn't leave my ship. I only get the message to go back to my ship. So I can not complete the mission.

So for the test, I did start a fresh new game, with all the same mods installed. I started the De vries start. Strange enough your mod didn't work.
I mean, all the hud interfaces where there, but it wasn't do anything. (no hostile or missile warnings, no engine bar). But I did try in that same game, if I could complete a mission where I have to deliver a passenger.
It was the same problem. Couldn't complete. All the missions even where I have to bring a ambassador to a station, will fail.

Know I did disable your mod, and did do a fresh start again, and the problem was solved. I Could run does passenger missions again.
After that I did install your mod again, and after a fresh Install ( so I unpacked everything again in the extensions dir, this mod did work again, and could even complete the passenger mission (save game).
I don't say that the problem comes directly from this mod, but I just wanted you to know.

Maybe, someone else has has/had the same problem with does missions, in some combinations of mods.

When I start playing tonight again, I try again, to get a second passenger transport missions again, see if it still works.

Keep up the good work.

Greetzz
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 19:58

Little update:

Well I did start a new game yesterday, with all the same mods.
I did use the same start (De vries).
In the beginning of the game everything seems fine. The passenger transport missions, are also fine. Then out of nothing, these same missions are to fail again. You can not complete them. I also notice, that the passenger don't leave your ship, so will be a problem if you have your own passengers (engineer, marines.....).
But with a late for meeting mission (with timer) if you are docked on the station, and when the time runs out, the passenger will leave your ship, but the mission will fail.

I did deactivate your mod, and then deleted everything of your mod in the extension folder, and did delete the lines in the save game file, and everything runs fine again. I can complete every transport missions again.

Hope this info helps.

Greetzzz.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 22:23

New version uploaded:

FIXES
+ Fixed bug with engine merchant trade window disappearing. Engines should be purchasable and installable again!
+ Fixed bug with weapons purchases (probably) and weapons safe
+ HUD should work if used on a previous install after docking (fixes missing hud bug)

ADDITIONS:
+DeVries Sun is now hot!

Let me know if this fixes your problems. Not sure how colission or missions would be effected by this mod as I don't touch them ... but ...well ... stuff could happen!

Anyway, thanks for your great feedback and testing! You guys testing stuff out really speeds up the process!!!

Thank you!

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 00:05

Ok, I had a go with the new version.

In my save game, the hud didn't show up, only a few blocks. The functions of your mod where working, even I couldn't see it. Did had strange behavior, when I was in a fight. I killed all enemies but my shield and hull just go slowly to the end, and I died. Also after 30 min the Hud did show up. I did start a new game just to see if the hud did show up directly, and it did.

In my save game I also did started a protected mission where I have to deliver the ambassador at a station. After killing the enemies, I wanted to drop off the ambassador, and it did fail again. The ambassador doesn't leave the ship. I did save there, and I did uninstall your mod again, and started the save game, and I could deliver the ambassador with no problem.
Also I find it very strange, that with your mod installed, the auto save (if you undock from a station) never shows up.

Hope this helps. If you want I can make a video next time.

Hope this helps.

Greetzzz

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 00:37

@informer: Thanks again!!!

We'll get this cracked ;) Can you upload your save game and a list of mods you use ... I'll go through it and see where the conflict lies!

Thanks!!!

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 12:07

I will try to upload a save tonight when I got home.

Greetzzzz :D

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 21:34

Ok, here you can download the save.
It's a save right before I have to deliver the passenger. So you can try it out.

https://mega.co.nz/#!epdBCYJa!56VYQmDz6 ... OQGUgEIxxM

Installed mods:
-Encyclopedia
-Exploration lights
-Lord Jacks Highway
-Libmj-Madjoker Library
-Betty Plus
-Capital Ship Bridge
-Show balance
-Carriers
-M-Class docks
-Enhanced Money transfer
-Titurel Engine Fix
-No Music in Highways
-Clean sidebar and main menu
-Better speed control
-Better commands
-X:R Conquer mod
-Copilot Convo
-DeVries Freelancer start
-Orange mouse cursor
-OOZ ship build
-Opaque Event monitor
-Multi Assignment
-Radio Silence
-Repair laser (drone version)
-Shut up Ren
-Sidebar extender
-Taf
-Bridge commands
-Yet another trader

Again, in the save game you download I can complete the mission. After I install your mod, (also latest version) I can't any more.

Hope this helps.

Greetzzzz

{Link fixed. - Terre}

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 22:19

TY Informer :)

I've already found the fix for the deteriorating hull ... that was a whole bunch of stupid on my part ;)

I'll take a look through your save and see what I can find there!

I really appreciate the help :)

TY

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Thu, 11. Jun 15, 07:20

Hi Ginger470, is the download still supposed to be removed for now? I just have time to test it that's all.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”