Did I break my game or ?? [Workaround found]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Revolution Rising
x4

Did I break my game or ?? [Workaround found]

Post by Revolution Rising » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 06:51

I got to the point where you go through the warp gate or whatever it's called.

Got some red ships on the other side who are unfriendly, where you have to "survive" suddenly my guns are firing themselves and I cannot fire missiles.

Is this normal or perhaps something to do with a mod I have installed ?

I removed all mods and still getting the issue.

Do I have to restart ? :(

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 09:42

No, that shouldn't happen. It sounds like the part where you exit the first super highway in the new system.

If the issue is still present after saving and loading you could send me the save to take a look.

moved to tech support forum

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 12:28

I can confirm the issue where you can't shoot in that savegame. However, going to the back of the ship and entering the cockpit again seems to solve that.

I'll see if there was something in the plot which could have triggered this but hopefully that's the last you'll see of it.

Do you play with a controller or joystick? And did you try and abort some cutscene?

Revolution Rising
x4

Post by Revolution Rising » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 16:35

Yeah I do often abort cutscenes, and I am keyboard/mouse.

Thanks for having a look!

Revolution Rising
x4

Post by Revolution Rising » Wed, 28. Jan 15, 03:40

Xenon_Slayer wrote:I can confirm the issue where you can't shoot in that savegame. However, going to the back of the ship and entering the cockpit again seems to solve that.

I'll see if there was something in the plot which could have triggered this but hopefully that's the last you'll see of it.

Do you play with a controller or joystick? And did you try and abort some cutscene?
Tried this, it seems to have "fixed" for the first ship, then goes back to firing automatically. It's as if I had someone else shooting the guns for me.

I cannot work out why.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 28. Jan 15, 10:36

I can't seem to get them shooting by themselves. I've only seen them not able to fire and after fixing them by going to the back of the ship, they seem to be working fine. I played a little more of the plot and was able to continue shooting.

Given that you have mods installed, it's possible they could be causing it to come back. If you have an earlier save, you can try playing from there with the mods removed and see if it occurs again.

Revolution Rising
x4

Post by Revolution Rising » Wed, 28. Jan 15, 11:58

Yeah this is why I had this thread in the general forum - I was asking people to see if someone could point out that it was one of the mods.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 28. Jan 15, 12:33

I'll move it to the Scripting and Modding forum then. Best detail what mods you've got. I'll keep an eye out for similar bug reports though.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”