[MOD] MT Station Logistics - Last update: v1.36 - 01 January 2017

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Sat, 4. Mar 17, 06:36

Haha, it's a modded Lepton frim Reaper ship pack I think

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Sat, 4. Mar 17, 15:49

TheRealBix wrote:Haha, it's a modded Lepton frim Reaper ship pack I think
Okay, could you check if the problem persists with a normal Lepton?

wolf382
x3tc

Manual link

Post by wolf382 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 16:50

Hi, Tried to download the manual from the link on page one but there is a 404 error. Can someone supply a link to the manual please?
thanks!!!

wysiwyg
x4

Re: Manual link

Post by wysiwyg » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 18:21

wolf382 wrote:Hi, Tried to download the manual from the link on page one but there is a 404 error. Can someone supply a link to the manual please?
thanks!!!
Hi wolf382 - apologies for this - Dropbox nerfed the public sharing folder recently so the link died! This link should work ok:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tp31nwi2l7nh ... 1p6ka?dl=0

Cheers

wolf382
x3tc

Post by wolf382 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 21:39

NP, Thanks for the Quick reply! Hope to get allot of enjoyment out of the mod. Just trying it out tonight.

SenseiKnight

Post by SenseiKnight » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 10:05

Hiya folks, seem to have a few issues with setting up Unload orders (and some Buy orders). I presumed this once worked but was interested if anyone knows any work-arounds.

- Once waypoints are created that include selling drones, trying to edit the waypoint brings up:
!!! WARNING! THE STATION SELECTED DOES NOT DEAL IN ANY WARES THAT THE SHIP CAN CARRY !!!
(The waypoints are already set-up and working - just want to change the price or deactivate the sell waypoint. Using Rahanas (Container) or Rahanas (Container/Energy).)

- The same error message when trying to set up a waypoint to deliver Energy Cells to a Player base other than the Homebase.
(Using Styrvok (Energy))

- When trying to deliver any resource to a Homebase where the amount on board the freighter is less than than the amount needed by the Homebase gives the:
"Something went wrong during the trade - Egosoft - I'm looking at you!!!"

This last one took ages to figure out, but basically if you always have at least the amount in the hold then the trade works. For example delivering Food Rations to the Homebase:
If the Homebase current storage is 30,000/30,590 - and you freighter's hold has less than 590 rations on board (regardless of what you've set Min or Max to - though in my case that's 0% to 100%) the trade will fail.

The moment you buy another (say) 1000 rations to the freighter, the waypoint works fine.

Any ideas?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 15:00

Hi. Please add a pop-up text when hovering. If possible for all text.

The text is cropped and not completely visible.

http://s011.radikal.ru/i315/1712/dd/8143696b8eed.jpg

XR 4.30

Code: Select all

134.77 Error in MD cue md.Menu_MT_Logistics.GetShipLists<inst:25600>: Property lookup failed: $lTradeShips.keys
* Expression: $lTradeShips.keys.count

Edit: removed img-tags from oversized image. Also removed spoiler-tags, as they just hide text. X2-Illuminatus

ns88ns
x4

Trades for money on Player's station

Post by ns88ns » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 18:05

It seems the mod performs trades between player's station instead of movement of wares. I mean it perform buy/sell wares operations instead of load/unload cargo.

Is there a way to disable this behavior? It doesn't make a sense to buy wares on my own stations for money and sell the wares on my own station for money :-)

I have re-read mod's manual but there is nothing regarding trades on Player's stations.

Could anybody clarify this?

Thank you a lot.

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 03:03

Any updates on this?

I have tried all possible configs but it seems the mod performs only real trades for money. I didn't find a way just to care wares from one player's station to other player's station.

Could anybody confirm if it is a feature of the mod or I just configured something wrongly? I have re-read user gude several times but unfortunately it isn't described there clearly.

So I need your advice.

Thank you a lot in advance.

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 04:11

Ok, it seems even the mod is buggy a bit.

Scenario to repro an odd behavior:

1. Deploy and start an energy station (EN1)
2. Deply a warehouse (WH1)
3. Configure the warehouse to sell and buy energy cells
4. Check for sure that WH1's manager has money on balance.
5. Configure a XL trade ship with energy cargo with 2 waypoints via MT Logistic menu:
- 5.1. Load energy cells on EN1
- 5.2. Unload energy cells on WH1
6. Start the logistic chain

Result: ship flay to EN1, buys cetls, return to WH1 and perform endless wait. It event don't unload cels from its cargo...

It is also a feature?

Thank you for clarification.

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 23:14

Ok, could anybody consult me regarding logic on this mod?

Now I faced an odd behavior: after several turns via defined route a ship sticks in state "in fly" and does nothing for long time. I watched this behavior for several hours but nothing changed. The only way to recover a ship - is stop and start trading. There is nothing regarding this ship/behavior in detailed_monitor/debug log.

What is wrong there?

The mod looks good but from time to time it is working not as expected. So I need some clarification regarding mod's logic. I tried to investigate scripts but I don't know XR MD/AI scripting language. I know just MD/AI script's structure but not more because there is no clear documentation from EGOSOFT in public.

Perhaps somebody will point me to MD/AI scripting language manual?

Thank you a lot in advance.

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 18:49

Sorted it out already. Found the cause and soultion. All the previous messsages can be discarded.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 22. Mar 18, 13:10

Who has the user manual. The link is not working. :(

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 22. Mar 18, 21:28

@ns88ns: Any chance you could provide your answer for if/when I (&/or others) run into the same problem later?

@alexalsp: I have uploaded an old (possibly the original) version of the manual as it's the only one I have, hopefully it contains enough valid information to still be useful.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 23. Mar 18, 12:40

Thank you. :)

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 07:31

Sure.

The problem is the command move_to in aiscripts\move.nohighway.xml. Exactly this code:

Code: Select all

<!--  Rotate (with very litte offset, so the nagivation system handles that)  -->
        <move_to object="this.ship" destination="this.zone" usehighways="false" forceposition="false" forcerotation="true" avoid="false" >
          <position object="this.ship" z="5m"/>
          <rotation value="$rot" />
        </move_to>

This command sticks from time to time and ships become in state in fly with no real movement. Most often this behavior is reproduced on capital (XL) trade ships (like Titurel).

It is reproduced even in vanila XR 4.30. Actually I don't know nature of this behavior. I didn't investigate it so deep. I just remember similar issue from X3R and I applied the same well known fix: just shift a bit ship right before the command above (similar command with forcerotation="false", position z="-15m" and no rotation specified).

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 09:09

Thank you.

Night91
xr

Post by Night91 » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 21:41

Sorry guys for the lame question, but I own the GOG version of the game, so steam mods are not an option. I tried to go the GIT Hub route but... did not seem to work... her is what I did :
  1. I Downloaded the authors various mods in one package from GIT Hub
  2. opened the archive
  3. once inside went to the "MT Station Logistics\release\v130" folder
  4. extracted the mt_XRCLS folder into the game's extensions folder
  5. checked it was activated in the game
  6. load a savegame

But no new menu entry inside the Enter/Trade menu aside the usual ones. Could someone point me what I did wrong ?

Night91
xr

Post by Night91 » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 21:33

Arf... I figured it out : this is not the current version... The GitHub repository has not been updated... Wysiwyg, could you please update it ? pretty please ?

Night91
xr

Post by Night91 » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 22:23

Hmmm.... Nevermind, thanks to XWRSunpack, I have been able to download the mod from steam workshop and unpack it. Now that I have the latest version, this works.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”