[MOD] MT Station Logistics - Last update: v1.36 - 01 January 2017

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 14. May 16, 16:10

X-Me wrote:So unless the author is genuinely dead, terribly ill, in a coma, or imprisoned, I say that he's moved on and that he doesn't even care to let people know. Inexcusable and very disappointing behavior.
Or he is simply busy with his real life, as he pointed out in his last post.

I don't know why you're going into such an attack mode and impute base motives to the OP without knowing anything about his current whereabouts or wellbeing. I'd welcome it though, if you would stop with your accusations and find a better way of dealing with your disappointment than attacking the author of this mod.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

X-Me

Post by X-Me » Sat, 14. May 16, 18:59

Hi,
don't start the you-don't-know routine with me. I have a very busy life myself: I live alone, I work 11 hours a day, 6 days a week, the day off is never the same and I often work on Sunday. And yet I find the time to stay in touch with the people that expect to hear from me, no problem. Sometimes I also play games.
This is 3 months of silence. Not 3 days or 3 weeks.

And I actually said:
unless the author is genuinely dead, terribly ill, in a coma, or imprisoned, I say that he's moved on and that he doesn't even care to let people know.
Where would be the problem with that?

Besides, I'm sure that the mod's author can reply to my post and "defend" himself, should he feel attacked (since you think I'm attacking him).
I find your intervention inappropriate. I'm free to express my disappointment for the continued silence of the author of this mod whose last words were
Will do my best to get it fixed for the release of 4.0
so far disregarded without explanation.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 14. May 16, 20:00

X-Me wrote:And yet I find the time to stay in touch with the people that expect to hear from me, no problem.
And again you get personal without knowing what the reason for the absence of the OP is, which is not an appropriate way of dealing with this situation.
X-Me wrote:Where would be the problem with that?

It's not on you to decide what reasons are 'valid' for staying away from the forum. Just listing life threatening (imho rather unlikely) reasons, dismissing everything else and calling it 'Inexcusable' is what I consider to be condescending. This is not about you expressing your disappointment, but about you getting personal.

As for my intervention here: I'm a moderator of these forums. It's my obligation to intervene when I notice inappropriate behaviour towards a user. Especially if the person in question is not there.

Now, I think everything has been said about this. If there's further discussion needed, I suggest leaving this topic alone and changing to PMs.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

X-Me

Post by X-Me » Sat, 14. May 16, 22:09

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Now, I think everything has been said about this. If there's further discussion needed, I suggest leaving this topic alone and changing to PMs.
Hi,
I think that there's no need for PMs. Things can be kept in plain sight right here for everyone to read and make their own opinion about. When you hide things, people tend to get creative and imagine all sorts of scenarios.

Nothing you say or do will make me change idea, and I still think that your intervention wasn't necessary, and that I said nothing that I should feel bad about. At all.
As for the mod's author: he's welcome to come back here to reply to me appropriately any time. The fact that he's not here doesn't authorize you to pick on me in quality of moderator. This is a forum. People are not always present.
In a lot of discussions around here people are not readily present when talked to or about, and I don't see why *this* should be a special case warranting special attention.

Feel free to disagree.
I won't add further to this discussion in any case. Believe me, I wouldn't have in the first place if you hadn't intervened like you did.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Mon, 16. May 16, 10:57

Hi X-Me. I'm really sorry you feel so strongly about the lack of an update. In a way it's a real compliment that I have created something that is clearly needed in the game.

I won't go into detail but just reiterate that my life and work have been all-consuming in the last 9 months or so. I simply haven't had time to look at this mod and fix it. (Please bear in mind I don't get paid to do this stuff and I need to keep a roof over my family's heads and feed them)

I was hoping that if the fix needed was minimal as you seem to think, that someone else might have fixed it by now or at least sent me some code that I could just up date the mod and credit the fixer - but no dice 😐

Once again - sorry for the inactivity but real life and getting paid is a priority for me at the moment

Cheers
Wysi :)

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Mon, 16. May 16, 16:05

Sweet to read that you are still alive @wysi.

Sad that you did not had the time for updates yet but you are right.. family and a full stomach count more than an updated script.

I wish we would be paid for our work... but well... than the scripting isn't fun anymore. :D

Anyway, i hope to see an update soon™ :roll:

Regards

lenjoj

Post by lenjoj » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 01:19

wysiwyg wrote:Hi X-Me. I'm really sorry you feel so strongly about the lack of an update. In a way it's a real compliment that I have created something that is clearly needed in the game.

I won't go into detail but just reiterate that my life and work have been all-consuming in the last 9 months or so. I simply haven't had time to look at this mod and fix it. (Please bear in mind I don't get paid to do this stuff and I need to keep a roof over my family's heads and feed them)

I was hoping that if the fix needed was minimal as you seem to think, that someone else might have fixed it by now or at least sent me some code that I could just up date the mod and credit the fixer - but no dice 😐

Once again - sorry for the inactivity but real life and getting paid is a priority for me at the moment

Cheers
Hi, I started this game a few days ago and just wanted to say this mod is very well implemented. This should have been part of the base game.
To fix the issue with the trade not working. It's in the file mt_logistics.trade.gettradeoffer.xml Line 248

Replace:

Code: Select all

<add_ware_reservation object="$oStation" entity="this" ware="$tWare" amount="$iActualAmount" result="$iReserved"/>
With:

<do_if value="$iWPType == 2 or $iWPType == 4 or $iWPType == 7" comment="Buy, load or refuel">
	<add_ware_reservation object="$oStation" type="buy" entity="this" ware="$tWare" amount="$iActualAmount" result="$iReserved" />
</do_if>
<do_elseif value="$iWPType == 3 or $iWPType == 5" comment="Unload or sell">
	<add_ware_reservation object="$oStation" type="sell" entity="this" ware="$tWare" amount="$iActualAmount" result="$iReserved" />
</do_elseif>
For those who don't know/want to do it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3DjI ... Fl4M0kxaTg

Note that the version from that link is slightly different than the original base mod. While the base mod only includes L/XL transport ships, I've modified it to include M transport and mining ships, along with voodoo math for calculating experience and crew pay since M ships only have a Pilot rather than Capt, DO, and ENG. There might be one issue (depending on the player) with the Xenon Hunt mod. If you cap an I, it will show up on the list. The Xenon I battleship apparently can act as a universal cargo transport as well.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 23:37

@lenjoj

Thank you for figuring out the Traderun Fix... i am trying it in my next game run.

@wysi

Until you are able to get your hands back on your Modification.

Are we (the modding community) allowed to Upload the temporary fixes we discover in your Thread?

There is one Fix for Stations without CVs i want to see for a long time in your mod.

Regards

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 00:02

you could do it the github way - Fork the Project, Apply your Fix(es), commit and send wysiwyg a Pull request. wysiwyg then gets a message and a few clicks later it is merged into the main Branch ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

lenjoj

Post by lenjoj » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 03:37

eMYNOCK wrote:... There is one Fix for Stations without CVs i want to see for a long time in your mod.
That fix is doable within wysi's mod.

In mt_station_logistics_menuhandlers.xml Line 605

Replace:

<open_conversation_menu menu="MapMenu" param="[0, 0, 'zone', $oShip.zone, null, null, 'selectplayerobject', ['gMT_ShipMenu_gothomebase', event.object.ship, null, false, false, false, true, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, true]]"/>
With:

<open_conversation_menu menu="PropertyMenu" param="[0, 0, 'player', 'selectobject', ['gMT_ShipMenu_gothomebase', event.object.ship, nil, nil, false, false, true, true, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil]]" />
Same file. Line 879
Replace:

<open_conversation_menu menu="MapMenu" param="[0, 0, 'zone', $oHomebase.zone, null, null, 'selectplayerobject', ['gMT_Map_StationSelected', event.object.ship, null, false, false, false, true, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, true]]"/>
With:

<open_conversation_menu menu="PropertyMenu" param="[0, 0, 'player', 'selectobject', ['gMT_Map_StationSelected', event.object.ship, nil, nil, false, false, true, true, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil]]" />
This will let you select station as your homebase without a CV attached to it. I've also change the MapMenu to PropertyMenu. I think it makes more sense since you can plop your stations anywhere in the galaxy and with the MapMenu, its sort of tedious to find the exact stations you want (got to zoom out to galaxy, select sectors, etc...).

Download link for no CV stations and changed Player station selection: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3DjI ... zV5VDdRREE

I might fork a copy from GitHub later. It's better to show the changes on there than on here.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 13:42

Are we (the modding community) allowed to Upload the temporary fixes we discover in your Thread?

There is one Fix for Stations without CVs i want to see for a long time in your mod.
That's absolutely fine by me eMYNOCK.

Many thanks to lenjoj for the fixes - I'll try and update to the main mod later today as I have a bit of spare time.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Mon, 27. Jun 16, 20:32

Update Posted on Steam Workshop - Please let me know if everything is working now!

2016/06/27 - v1.31 - Fixes relating to XRv4.00 (Finally!!!) - Massive thanks and all the credit to lenjoj for finding the bugs!

Cheers

Hankyke
x4

Post by Hankyke » Sat, 9. Jul 16, 16:04

Hi.

It works perfectly wit every station. But is is possible to get it work on Warehouses too? Had a plan CLS transporting spacefuel to warehouses all over galaxy and sell it in system. But have to do that manually.
Laptop: MSI GE62-6QD . Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 16 Gb DDR4 memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2 GB GDDR5, 128 Gb SSD

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sat, 9. Jul 16, 17:47

Hankyke wrote:Hi.

It works perfectly wit every station. But is is possible to get it work on Warehouses too? Had a plan CLS transporting spacefuel to warehouses all over galaxy and sell it in system. But have to do that manually.
Will look at implementing warehouses once I get back in to the game and find my way around the new DLC
Cheers

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sat, 9. Jul 16, 20:31

Just had a play around with warehouses and it seems to work OK for me.
You'll need to assign a manager with 5 stars to get the best out of this and also you'll need to set up your warehouse with some wares to trade (you do this in the station's menu I think)

Please let me know if there are any other issues with warehouse trading as I've only built one of my own and traded with one NPC warehouse.
Cheers

Hankyke
x4

Post by Hankyke » Sun, 10. Jul 16, 14:43

Interesting, Warehouses don´t show up when i press button "get waypoints". Manager has management 5. Have spacefuel buy 61 and sell 62. Have it in stock 460k. May be because i am using a few other mods.

Edit: And i can not Load on Intermediate wares. Like Medical factories, i can not load Narcotics on to transport metalworks and such factory`s.
Laptop: MSI GE62-6QD . Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 16 Gb DDR4 memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2 GB GDDR5, 128 Gb SSD

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sun, 10. Jul 16, 16:41

Hankyke wrote:Interesting, Warehouses don´t show up when i press button "get waypoints". Manager has management 5. Have spacefuel buy 61 and sell 62. Have it in stock 460k. May be because i am using a few other mods.

Edit: And i can not Load on Intermediate wares. Like Medical factories, i can not load Narcotics on to transport metalworks and such factory`s.
I did some more research this morning and I think I found the bug and fix for both the issues you mention above. Hopefully I'll get an update posted later this afternoon.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 18:03

v1.32 - Update now allows warehouses to be selected as waypoints + some other minor fixes.

Please let me know if anything is still not quite working

Cheers

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 19:06

v1.33 - Fixes problem with intermediate wares in waypoint search function

Cheers

Zenchina
x4

Post by Zenchina » Fri, 15. Jul 16, 15:10

MOD don't work after last update. It simply won't open... after you click on menu you got nothing and need to ALT+TAB game to return to play
Last edited by Zenchina on Wed, 20. Jul 16, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
...Traveling without moving...
[ external image ]

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”