[MOD] Station Engineers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 04:42

w.evans wrote:Hey Simoom,

did not notice that at all. Thanks for pointing it out. Will look into it, but will have to wait until the weekend.

Have you noticed if NPC stations show all working entities when you're not around?
Yes, NPC stations all have Engineers on the crew and working fine.

I have one station (the plot Integrative URV Forge) that has an Engineer that's working fine (doesn't disappear when I leave zone), but so far all other stations I built, the Engineer would disappear the moment I leave zone.

One thing to note is that for the Integrative URV Forge, I only assigned all the crew once construction was fully finished (all stages), whereas for all the other stations I have only built the initial stage for the moment. I seem to recall that in early versions of XR (before the game filled player stations with random NPC's), the crews you assign used to actually work at whichever dock you dropped them off at. Now with random NPC generation, the player station crew seems to be not actually physically present at a specific location on the station... but I wonder if they actually are (at an unspecified dock), and may be my Engineers are disappearing because the game attempts to place them at a dock that hasn't been built yet.

Just a wild guess. :( Lemme know if you need my save game file and I'll upload it.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 04:55

i think ego added some functionality to also remove temp npc from player Stations when player leaves zone and this checks not if the Engineer is working for the station. nothing related to your save, just some changes of the circumstates..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 05:16

UniTrader wrote:i think ego added some functionality to also remove temp npc from player Stations when player leaves zone and this checks not if the Engineer is working for the station. nothing related to your save, just some changes of the circumstates..
Ah... bummer.

I am guessing the Integrative URV Forge wasn't affected because it's a unique station (do random NPCs even spawn on it? may be the check doesn't affect it).

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 07:00

Sounds like it should be easy to reproduce so shouldn't need a save.

Thanks, Uni. That narrows down the digging i'll have to do quite a bit.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 13:25

I can not confirm disappearing Engineers on ANY Station.

Afaik we do use the exact same Code to get them working on our Stations and i did not noticed yet that my Engis are leaving their duties.

Regards

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 13:49

eMYNOCK wrote:I can not confirm disappearing Engineers on ANY Station.

Afaik we do use the exact same Code to get them working on our Stations and i did not noticed yet that my Engis are leaving their duties.

Regards
Just in case the update applies to newly-built stations only... can you try building a new station, assign an engineer to it, then leave the zone and see if the engineer stays there?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 19:38

It is indeed the same code eMYNOCK. And thanks again. At least that would save me being surprised when I fire up my game and all my existing stations have engineers that don't disappear when I'm away.

@Simoom, do they come back after you go back to where your stations are? Have you checked the bar?

Kidding. Will check this weekend.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 19:53

@Simoom, eMYNOCK just said that he can't repro the problem with new stations nor with old stations. Since he's running the same code, looks like either a mod conflict (unlikely), or a mod needs updating. Could you post your mod list?

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 02:42

w.evans wrote:@Simoom, eMYNOCK just said that he can't repro the problem with new stations nor with old stations. Since he's running the same code, looks like either a mod conflict (unlikely), or a mod needs updating. Could you post your mod list?
Sure. :) I am running:

 Cheat Menu X Rebirth
 Marine Rebalance
 Fly-by Repair
 Fly-by Looting
 Fly-by Claiming
 Canteran Handmade Technology
 AutoCrew
 TAF!
 Extra Surplus Info
 Yet Another Trader
 Xenon Hunt 3
 Carriers
 More Crew
 Station Recycle or Destroy
 Engineer 100%
 Boarding Options
 Capital Ship Bridge
 Clean Sidebar and Main Menu
 Side Bar Extender
 No Jump Fuel for Player Ships
 Enhanced Money Transfer
 No Random Sector Music
 Awesome Jump Drive FX
 Titurel Engine Fix

The only mods that has anything to do with stations is the "Station Recycle or Destroy" and "Canteran Handmade Technologies", neither is listed as having compatibility issues with yours, but the former does have a "Transfer Engineer" option that transfers a CV's engineer to the station.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 02:57

We can exclude CHT and Station Recycle and Destroy,

i use both and (would be a shame if i don't use my own Mod, eh?) have no Problems with them.

Have to investigate some of the others...

I will report if i find anything in your list that looks suspicious.

Edit:

Excluded Mods:
(i use them active my self)

 Canteran Handmade Technology
 More Crew
 Station Recycle or Destroy
 Boarding Options
 Capital Ship Bridge
 Enhanced Money Transfer

Compatible Mods :
(I used them recently but they are obsolete for me)
 Engineer 100%

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 03:16

eMYNOCK wrote:We can exclude CHT and Station Recycle and Destroy,

i use both and (would be a shame if i don't use my own Mod, eh?) have no Problems with them.
Thanks for looking into this eMYNOCK. If it helps you with your investigation, below is a copy of my save game (I have save game compression disabled, so I zipped it manually)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1qb1 ... 3NpS1NTcGc

BTW you are the author of Canteran Handmade Technologies, right? I actually asked you about the uninstallation of the mod on Steam a while back. xD Thanks for helping me with that.

The uninstallation did cause strange mass traffic issues, though (I now get mass traffic belonging to all factions - including small civilian ships belonging to Xenon and Khaak, which is kind of comical but also very silly). Would you happen to have made any progress tracking down the cause of this behavior? I was looking at my save game codes but couldn't find anything out of place.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 03:33

in the description to the mod Cheat Menu X Rebirth is written - Station Engineers included.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 04:48

Simoom wrote:
eMYNOCK wrote:...

The uninstallation did cause strange mass traffic issues, though (I now get mass traffic belonging to all factions - including small civilian ships belonging to Xenon and Khaak, which is kind of comical but also very silly). Would you happen to have made any progress tracking down the cause of this behavior? I was looking at my save game codes but couldn't find anything out of place.
Well, i still do not understand what exactly causes this strange mass traffic, we had something similar during the Beta of HoL but i simply do not have a clue what forced the weird MT in my mod.

By the way, the dirty Installation also causes exact this weird Mass traffic.

I think it is because the Stations and their MTN (Mass Traffic Network) belongs to noone for a few milliseconds... and guess who is enemy of "noone" :roll:

Anyway, as alexalsp mentioned in his Cheat Mod are the Engineers included.. can you check if your Problem resisit if you disable the cheat menu or Station Engineers?

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 14:34

Alright, I have a conclusive report now... and the problem appears to be the Cheat Menu.

Removing "Station Engineers" while keeping "Cheat Menu" allows for assigning of engineers to stations, but they disappear upon leaving the zone.

Removing "Cheat Menu" and leaving "Station Engineers", on the other hand, the engineers remain on the station after leaving zone.

It's possible that the version of Station Engineers included with the Cheat Menu has outdated codes or something... this isn't the first bug I noticed with this mod (I found another one which I reported here, may have to write the mod author now...)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 15:15

Simoom wrote:may have to write the mod author now...
alexalsp on this forum and aladinaleks on steam have the same avatar so I think the author has replied in both of these threads.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 15:52

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Simoom wrote:may have to write the mod author now...
alexalsp on this forum and aladinaleks on steam have the same avatar so I think the author has replied in both of these threads.
Yup, I already messaged him. :) Hopefully we can have these issues figured out.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 19:25

Simoom wrote:Alright, I have a conclusive report now... and the problem appears to be the Cheat Menu.

Removing "Station Engineers" while keeping "Cheat Menu" allows for assigning of engineers to stations, but they disappear upon leaving the zone.

Removing "Cheat Menu" and leaving "Station Engineers", on the other hand, the engineers remain on the station after leaving zone.

It's possible that the version of Station Engineers included with the Cheat Menu has outdated codes or something... this isn't the first bug I noticed with this mod (I found another one which I reported here, may have to write the mod author now...)
Yay! I didn't screw up after all.

Huh. What do I do now? Was all set on looking into this bug.

Hope you and Alex sort it out.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 19:58

Hi Simoom

I use the cheat mod and have not had engineers disappear from stations but i did have issues with the 100% engineers mod.

On thinking about it it seams after every other update there's always an issue with engineers not repairing etc and there's been many post about this.

Though you may have done a extension test turning on or off mods to find the conderediction mod like i did in the past but as far as i can see there is nothing in the cheat mod that has anything to do with engineers unless you'er using a cheat station build and even then i found the station fully equipped and crewed after leaving zone and you issue may lie elsewhere.

Now i know it's called station engineers mod and i've had posts with author about that they are infact hired from the capital ship engineers and it's those cap ship engineers i assign to a station and i've had no issues.

Mind you i am using an older version of this mod.
Last edited by JESS 246 on Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:04

w.evans

your mod works fine.

the problem is the absence of the last version of the mod CMXr.

My engineers are working perfectly.

Necessary to check and download the last version of mod CMXr, and read the description.

:P :roll: :)

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 01:26

Let me elaborate my issues so people can see if it can be reproduced.
  • Cheat Menu disabled, Station Engineer enabled: Can assign engineer to a newly-built station. Engineer stays after leaving zone.
  • Cheat Menu enabled, Station Engineer disabled: Can assign engineer to a newly-built station. Engineer disappears after leaving zone.

Pre-existing engineers assigned by Station Engineer does NOT disappear, even after this mod has been disabled.
@alexalsp: Version of Cheat Mod I am using should be latest. I deleted the entire mod folder and made Steam download it again.

What is CMXr?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”