[MOD] Some Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 17:14

Is it possile to put diffrent weapon on the turrets? Or does all turrets have pre-defined weapons?

Like Balor novadrones on the Astrobee missile launcher model?

That way we could create a missile ship that can launch novadrones without the need to turn to the target, but in the same time the turret could be destroyed so it balance the change.

Some kind of light destroyer with several novadrone turrets could be an interesting configuration.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 17:19

its relatively simple to swap armanents on a Ship via Mod - but only as new Ship type (and you possibly have to create a few new Turrets based on existing ones, but thats simple), but you cannt do this dynamically since multimacro upgrades as used in the Skunk are bugged as hell for Non-player-Ships. you have to create a seperate Ship Type for each possible configuration.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 18:29

I have an dea for another type of ship:

Fleet Tanker:
Add some liquid storage/gas tanks block and some light anti-fighter weapons and huge Fuel cargo storage.

This ship would be used to refuel your fleet without the need to go for cell recharge station queue.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 18:39

i have a version of the Sanahar XL with fuel, but this isn't in the package because the game can't take much use of them, without a AI that will refuel at a Squadship this is simply decoration

the Tyranis and Ayosana have greater Fuel-Cargo anyway

Fazer1000
x4

Post by Fazer1000 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 10:52

Is it possible that something in this ship mod like the dock of the Raptor has an effect to the dock of the old red destroyer "Wundbrandjäger"?

I had an old unused red destroyer parking somewhere in HoL with some fighters onboard, before I've installed the new ships the red destroyer had all his carrier commands, now he has only the pilot commands and Captain has no and DO only the "transfer" command.

It's more for info cause the original red detroyer is not longer needed.

Btw. I've builded a Raptor to test if his dock is fine and yepp, on Raptor everything works as intended.
i7 4770k /16GB /GTX 770
seit Xbtf bekennender X-Fan

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 11:17

no, the Gangrene Chaser/Wundbrandjäger is includet in morecarriers package, and that should not have any effect to each other

but i notice that at the split package the M1 isn't fully assigned as carrier

Fazer1000
x4

Post by Fazer1000 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 12:11

I know that the carrier functionality of Gangrene Chaser is included in "mm_morecarriers", it's only a bit irritating that all commands were inside and now they are no longer on the carrier.
No matter or difference if I use the ego forum or steam version of carrier and morecarrier.

Edit:
That's funny, the Raptor has the carrier commands, the sub fighter pilot not while the Chaser has no carrier commands but the sub fighter pilots have.

Edit II
Didn't see your last update, now the Raptor is working perfect as carrier.
i7 4770k /16GB /GTX 770

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 00:47

The dock location on the Split Python is in an odd spot, its on the left side wing and blocks your view from seeing most of whats going on when you dock. I only checked the Python, not sure if its the same on the others.

On a related note, how do you determine the correct x/y/z coordinates for these ship components?

Fazer1000
x4

Post by Fazer1000 » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 11:46

The more I use this ships, the more I love them!
My favorits are the great looking big OL ships.
Very nice to see the factions also using a lot of them.

Sure they are very powerfull but that's technical evolution and for realism big guns are in need of big ships, that's much more realistic and balanced than the mods with overpowerded weapons on small ships like the Yamato or the Tyrant that brakes the balance between PMC and HoA cause only PMC is using it.

For realism the docking points are perfect, to see what happens with the big window of "capital ship bridge" not, so I changed to use more F2 to have a nice look.

Btw. when I saw the Tyranis first time I thounght you are a pirat in second life, the way you did it could be real.
i7 4770k /16GB /GTX 770

vinomio
x3tc

Post by vinomio » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 23:17

Is there a way to make this ships compatible with the capital ship bridges?
I build up the arawn mk2 and the bridge was on the flight deck..

But great models thx

TheZapper
x4

Post by TheZapper » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 23:27

mr.WHO wrote:I have an dea for another type of ship:

Fleet Tanker:
Add some liquid storage/gas tanks block and some light anti-fighter weapons and huge Fuel cargo storage.

This ship would be used to refuel your fleet without the need to go for cell recharge station queue.
I second this suggestion.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 9. Apr 16, 09:52

ok add a fuel ship to the package, this and Ayosana use now Tradeofferdocks for masstraffic, because of better IZ compatibility

darkelf1

Post by darkelf1 » Sun, 17. Apr 16, 04:48

Thanks,great work....... :x :twisted: :lol:

Arkangel1981

Post by Arkangel1981 » Sun, 17. Apr 16, 19:54

nobody likes the possibility of a frigate equipped with gatling guns , useful against fighters and ships equivalent.

weak against larger ships , exept if you buy a version with rotating high-velocity cannons ejeje

https://youtu.be/iqDCCTCYTNI?t=85

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYQlYocoFzo

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 18. Apr 16, 16:39

I think that in -Rebirth v1.0 basic HIT/MA turrets were like gatlings, but then when any two warships started shooting at eachother the FPS went to one digit number.

You can even read the HIT/MA description that refers to it's original "gatling" state (rapid fire turret)

Arkangel1981

Post by Arkangel1981 » Tue, 19. Apr 16, 20:56

I'm not sure if we put a single turret possessing the combined speed of several smaller , the load on the engine would be the same, ofcourse this would have better armor.

https://youtu.be/BhZQEvg1V0Y?t=134

you cant see "Fire Serpent" efect

and in another topic , I love the slow beam cannon , gives the sensation of a stream of super hot matter, Can anything be done the same?

Sorry google traslator :oops:

j2965919

Post by j2965919 » Fri, 27. May 16, 18:53

any chance to have the ability to build the phoenix marauders ?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 27. May 16, 18:58

not for real
but you can change
mm_shippack_to\extensions\ego_dlc_teladi_outpost\assets\structures\landmarks\macros\landmarks_te_tradestation_buildmodule_xl_macro.xml
and add

Code: Select all

<macro ref="units_size_xl_te_kit_none_03_macro" />

j2965919

Post by j2965919 » Tue, 14. Jun 16, 20:48

could it be added like the titurel in the shipyard as a new ship ?

why not ?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 12:45

Back from like two monts into X:R

Did i do something boo boo cause i cant find the shotgun-Taranis? Shady Vault sells the regular...

EDIT: doesnt seem like the "jemakron" or "freighter taranis" is for sale anywhere, or the "Ayosana"
I think ive seen the rest tho...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”