[MOD] AutoCrew

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 29. Oct 16, 23:33

@pref
ok, didnt know the Workshop tool cannt handle that... well, didnt look into the details for the behavior of this one yet.. guess it will be fun to put all the internal dependencies of my split AI Replacement there.. (currently split into 15 seperate extensions)
guess this will need a seperate content.xml for steam (hint: simple with the -contentdef .\content_steam.xml parameter ;) )

@Babberdeggl yep. it means a comparision if the vaue before and after are equal ;) opposite would be != (not equal). Its usually doubled because in many programming languages the single = sign is used to assign a value to a variable - double-usage of this for another purpose may be ambigious
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 10:35

Owww 15 deps =D

Steam also downloads the content xml from every mod with an optional dependency - even if the user is not subscribed for the mod in question.

So for ex anyone whos running autotrain without autocrew will get the autocrew folder with its content xml, then they have to restart the game and afterwards it works.
At least i got several reports with this same story in them.

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 17:38

I captured 2 ships: one with a cwir boarding ship. Here auto crew doesn't work. The other one with vanilla boarding. Here auto crew does work.

Both ships were Reiver Sennin Scout. I don't know the exact name since i play in german.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 19:46

Can you check if there are more boarding related files in md folder?
The rest might be in another xml (probably with board in its name).

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 20:08

I've uploaded the files i can think of. Btw thanks for all your effort pref.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zj8e69 ... r_boarding

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 23:09

Isn't there another file like MM_SpecialBoarding or similar?
Maybe easier if you upload the whole md folder.

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Mon, 31. Oct 16, 01:58

Alright it's the whole md folder now.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h3uy5spj4jh1z/md

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 31. Oct 16, 23:49

can you try this?

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Tue, 1. Nov 16, 02:24

Sure, it will take a while though. I had some problems with my shipyards because i used cwir on a old save. They went full muppet mode and build ships on their own, without me telling them to :lol:

So i started a fresh game, therefor it will take me some time.

I don't know if it matters, but there is a new cwir version 1.60.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 1. Nov 16, 09:35

Oops.. =)
Hope you will enjoy your new empire just as much!

If anyone tries this CWIR version please let me know if it worked.

Gabeux
x4

Post by Gabeux » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 00:13

Hmm was I supposed to replace the files on cwir/md folder with the ones you provided?

I haven't tested boarding yet, but building new ships on NPC Shipyards still add them to my squad with just a captain. My own shipyards have no supplies to build ships for now, unfortunately.

Once I manage to board someone vanilla / fleet supported boarding / docking into neutral capships (Combat Rank Bailout - I'm still Vindicator so only rarely whole capships give up) I'll let you know the results. :)

-
EDIT: Unless I did something wrong, AutoCrew doesn't work at all. Let me know what files I'm supposed to replace and where and I'll try again. :/

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 07:08

Gabeux wrote:Hmm was I supposed to replace the files on cwir/md folder with the ones you provided?
Yes.
And it should only work for boarding, i left station/ship building alone for now as CWIR handles that on its own afaik.

Do you have any errors in your log?
Search for the script names included in the package and 'board' string - or any errors with CWIR in them.

Also a new version got released meanwhile, that could also cause issues.

Gabeux
x4

Post by Gabeux » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 07:53

Where can I find such logs? :oops:

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 08:54

You can add smthg like
-logfile rebirth.log
to launch options in steam or as command line parameter if you run XR directly.

Then a rebirth.log file will be created at every launch next to the folder which contains your save files.

There is an ingame log viewer also iirc, but it seemed a bit worse to handle then a text file back when i tried it. Check your keybinds to find it.

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 08:35

I captured a Lyranea 2 times, both with cwir boarding.

The first time i captured it for myself which worked fine.
The second time for a other faction, which didn't work at all. After capturing was sucessfull, it didn't say that it belonged to the faction i was giving it to. It just said "Neutral" but it was supposed to say Family Ryk. Also there was no crew on board the new ship and my Marineofficer was gone.

I'll try testing station boarding when i get the chance.

cwir version was 1.60

@Gabeux Autocrew doesn't work for me either, when i buy ships from npc shipyards. It does work if you have your own shipyards though. Therefore i guess you did everyting just fine. Try to capture a ship and if you get a crew on it, you are good.

@pref about that new cwir version: i don't know when you downloaded the md folder from my link, but i switched the old version with the new one before you gave us the 3 files. Maybe you used already the new version?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 14:00

Babberdeggl wrote:@Gabeux Autocrew doesn't work for me either, when i buy ships from npc shipyards. It does work if you have your own shipyards though. Therefore i guess you did everyting just fine. Try to capture a ship and if you get a crew on it, you are good.
I had the same problem. That's one of CWIR's functions. Blackrain made it so you will get crew if you buy from your own shipyard, but not if you buy from the NPC.
His crew script simply overwrite Autocrew's when it comes to buying ship. As you said, autocrew will still work when boarding ships.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 16:53

Babberdeggl wrote:I captured a Lyranea 2 times, both with cwir boarding.

The first time i captured it for myself which worked fine.
The second time for a other faction, which didn't work at all. After capturing was sucessfull, it didn't say that it belonged to the faction i was giving it to. It just said "Neutral" but it was supposed to say Family Ryk. Also there was no crew on board the new ship and my Marineofficer was gone.

I'll try testing station boarding when i get the chance.

cwir version was 1.60

@Gabeux Autocrew doesn't work for me either, when i buy ships from npc shipyards. It does work if you have your own shipyards though. Therefore i guess you did everyting just fine. Try to capture a ship and if you get a crew on it, you are good.

@pref about that new cwir version: i don't know when you downloaded the md folder from my link, but i switched the old version with the new one before you gave us the 3 files. Maybe you used already the new version?
I checked the files, and my edited version seems to be the same as the one i can download now from your link.

Can you upload a log file of the game where this neutral ship owner issue happened? I assume the game encountered an error, and stopped script execution before the boarding routine could execute fully.

I did not add the ship/station build part of autocrew as there is a logic for that in CWIR. Also i have no idea in what ways you can get a ship or a station in CWIR on top of the vanilla options so it could take me some time to figure this out.

facastefff
x4

Post by facastefff » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 22:48

So I did some boarding as well on a fresh CWIR start, using the 3 files you provided earlier. Sadly I got no crew at all on the boarded ship and had to provide them myself.

Do I also need to install the AutoCrew mod, or should the three files be enough?

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 23:43

I had no logfile running at the time what i was describing earlier, so i just captured a Titurel this time, but anything else i did the same as before.

I used cwir boarding and told them to capture it for Family Ryak and as expected it's the same outcome: no crew and marineofficer gone, while the captured Titurel is Neutral.

rebirth.log

I took a look into the logfile. There are a lot of weird sounderrors but other than that... what do i know :?

@facastefff Yes you need to install the "normal" autocrew mod aswell.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 00:50

AutoCrew should only do anything if the ship owner is the player.
If its another faction then no crew is added.

I cannot find any errors related to boarding in your log nor can i see a successful boarding log entry.. are you sure any boarding occured while this log was created?
The log is rewritten at every game launch so i can only see anything if the boarding occured in the same game session.

Also you have lots of mod related errors - might be there is a conflict.
And for some reason your log starts with 8mb of nothing, looks pretty weird. Maybe a bug in the game or the first 99% of the log is lost for some reason.

Anyway try to board for yourself (not sure it'd make sense for AC to spawn NPCs for other factions), and if there are problems please upload the log from that session!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”