[MOD] Galaxy Station Range v1.4 (update 27th Feb '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 14:21

Hello Y, Been playing HOL after completing campaign in 4.o Beta. Had your mod installed, forgot to remove before restart. All going well however until tonight suddenly on load a save incompatible save , missing extension. Notice Trade Range disabled, enabling does not help. What changed ?

Fatbaticus

Post by Fatbaticus » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 15:23

Yep same situation here, galaxy trader is disabled and I can't re-enable it, 240 hours on this save so far and am hoping this gets sorted.

Dripc
xr

Post by Dripc » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 15:32

Go to your savegame folder unpack save...Open with notepad ctrl+f find galaxy range and delete that lane....save...launch game ;)
<patch extension="ws_285697432" version="135" name="Galaxy Station Range"/>

Fatbaticus

Post by Fatbaticus » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 15:56

Thanks, I can get in game now but I can no longer access my manager's information, it turns off the HUD and I'm unable to fly my ship. :lol:

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 16:07

As I posted on the 13th, it's not yet updated to 4.00 late rc/release ui code so not working unfortunately. Soon(tm).
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Darkness_Shadow
x4

Post by Darkness_Shadow » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:40

Dripc wrote:Go to your savegame folder unpack save...Open with notepad ctrl+f find galaxy range and delete that lane....save...launch game ;)
That doesnt works for me. After changing it in my ingame saves i see "is not available" positions.

Greetings...
"Gott, X-R wird immer besser....."

Darkness_Shadow
x4

Post by Darkness_Shadow » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:54

YorrickVander wrote:As I posted on the 13th, it's not yet updated to 4.00 late rc/release ui code so not working unfortunately. Soon(tm).
Sorry Yorrik, but is it possible that you create a file that is deleting/clearing your Mod? Iam not able to play my save again (oder 300h gametime with your mod).

Greetings...
"Gott, X-R wird immer besser....."

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 21:45

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:03

tatakau wrote:What is going on with this mod? I put in 3 days this month, to play the game before the Home of Light expansion came out, and now that it's finally here, my saved games are incompatible because this mod has DISAPPEARED from Steam? What gives?
Firstly, mod creaters are typically volunteering their time and effort for free so please don't write in way like this that could appear demanding.

Secondly, it is well-known that when games are updated, there is a reasonable chance that mods can be broken. As much as we might like a mod to fixed straight away, we have no right to expect it, and 4.0 / HoL was only updated yesterday - hardly very long ago. Regardless of time, the risk that a mod may not work in the future is just one of those things we have to accept when we used mods.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:23

eep. foul up on my part! fix coming. really sorry folks!

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:29

No big Yorrick, I was confused myself today when I saw that and then I read this thread, just got the mod through the download on the OP to resolve this until you update the mod for the full 4.00 release :wink:

DrwHem
x4

game wont let me load savegame?

Post by DrwHem » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:35

for some reason the galaxy wide station trader mod is defaulted to OFF even though i have turned it on numerous times. now i cant load my game? how do i fix this?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:43

**** merged Topics ****

the mentoined method here should work:
Dripc wrote:Go to your savegame folder unpack save...Open with notepad ctrl+f find galaxy range and delete that lane....save...launch game ;)
just take care to not remove more or less than told - this breaks the xml syntax.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:54

UniTrader wrote:**** merged Topics ****

the mentoined method here should work:
just take care to not remove more or less than told - this breaks the xml syntax.
sadly deleting the line in the game save doesn't work, tried it myself although getting Galaxy Station Range v1.3.6 and doing a manual install resolves the issue. Before I was using the 1.3.5 one from steam. I'll be using the Galaxy Station Range v1.3.6 until Yorrick resolves the issues. Good thing I haven't any stations yet.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:54

the game now loads but is fundamentally broken. The galaxy range station manager let me set my trade range to galaxy. now that it is gone, when i open up my station manager the game is stuck on that screen.
I need a way to code into the save game that i want my station managers range set to sector now that galaxy is no longer available.
even if i fix that im still ruined. my company is in DeVries. there are no buyers for my products in DeVries. idk why my mod vanished but this ruined my whole 4 day game. 4 days as in 4 days of play time. 96 hours. for nothing.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:54

Really sorry again - interim removal fix until I get it working again. I was removing old mods that wont be updated and this one was delted by mistake.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj11lojo3zemf ... l.zip?dl=0

Turn steam updates off in game, delete gsr, install this in its place. Load game, deactivate GSR, save again. Remove this patch as new version will have a new ws_ number when uploaded.

-hides from embarrassing blunder-

EDIT : reading the posts in the last few mins, here is link again to 1.3.6 to turn off the range altogether

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu1u9twrr3jjc ... e.zip?dl=0

Feona
x3tc

Post by Feona » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 22:59

Hi Folks,
unfortunately this doesn't work. After removing the mentioned XML tag the game can be loaded, but the HUD disappears and the player ship cannot be flown anymore. :(
Any other suggestions?

Kind regards
Feona
X Rebirth? Immer gerne! Aber nur gereift und dampffrei.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:03

can you tell me how to delete the mod and instal it with what you linked?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:09

in game directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X Rebirth ) then extensions directory delete the galaxystationsrange directory and unzip the above full mod into it.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:10

thanks. i didnt know that the mod disappeared. a moderator merged me with this topic. i thought egosofts updates did something.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”