[MOD/WIP] Combat enhancement scripts - "Better turrets" overhaul

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 15:51

Hello,

I have a problem since i installed this mod my Drosten bombers started acting like a fighter (get in close range and use his main gun) instead of acting like a bomber (cget close enough for his missiles max range) before install this mod.

The problem is i cant revert back because i cant play my save without this mod anymore...

Could you please improve Drosten behaviour to use max range of missiles instead of suiciding?

Thank you very much

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 19:01

@Warnoise:

The Drostan is actually a fighter, and since this mod only changes cap-ship behaviour there is nothing I can do.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 15:31

I use the CWIR mod and i noticed that this mod doesnt work with CWIR added ships.

I tried with a Sucellus (Vanilla) and a Sucellus Desotryer Vanguar (CWIR exclusive) and i noticed that there is a huge difference in behaviour (the sucellus aims with his main cannon as he should but the CWIR variant goes broadside method)

Can someone check is CWIR ships are influenced by this mod or not?

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 12:02

@Warnoise

CWIR seems to change a lot of aiscripts... ...there might be some incompatibilities. Please ask Blackrain in the CWIR thread.

Files my mod changes:

fight.attack.object.capital
fight.attack.object.drone.leader

Nago

Post by Nago » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 13:18

Hi ! I would like to thank you for your awesome work ! It's truly one of the best improvment in combat gameplay there is !!

Could you please make it downloadable outside of the steam workshop like on Nexus or elsewhere like Dropbox please ?
Many other modders offers that possibility and I think it's a big plus for it's visibility and to spread it efficiently in the community (as many people don't even go on the steam workshop or don't like to download/depend from it).

michaelbm71
x4

Post by michaelbm71 » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 18:22

@beaver1981,
Thank you again for your great work!
Here is my promised report pt1:
I had your mod running for about 10 hours without much problems.
Playthrough A
Plot/Endgame - I gathered my fleet in "Indignity" for the final assault into "Cryptic Heart". FlotillaA 1 Olmecron with 3 Taranis 1 Balor 1 light Sul following, FlotillaB 1 Aran with 3 Taranis. The Olmecron, Aran and Sul were fully decked out with a mixed drone complement. All ship officers were 4*+.
Right in the staging phase we were attacked by 2 Xenon P, shortly after by 3 Xenon I ( :o I just thougt gg, game over! Is this plot-driven or a punishment for me delaying the plot for days?).
The 2 Xenon P died quickly. 2 of the Xenon I battled it out with the plot-spawned HDA Aran and Gangrene Chaser. Since all those ships seemed to be protected, not much happened there at all.
I set my two Flotillas to attack the first arriving Xenon I (which was bugged or plot-protected too!!!).
A glorious battle ensued, which i watched for about 1h, drinking coffee after coffee. It was like a football match in slo-mo, my ships pummeling the Xenon I down to 10 percent hull, then it fled with 1 indestructible engine and main shield generator, just to recover and return.
The Balor Frigate died quickly without firing a single shot. I lost about 50 (of 500+) drones, mostly through forced drone strikes by my Olmecron (via the menu).
After 1h i just left this battle to advance into "Cryptic Heart", where my two flotillas nuked everything. Plot over.

Fazit - great work on your side, poor implementation on my side!
1. Don`t mess with he plot, don`t mess with protected enemy spawns.
2. The game isn`t made to handle large fleet battle. Watching my two overly large flotillas navigating around each other was just silly.
3. Possible mod incompatibility with the 2 "Carriers" mods by Marvin M. I could not access the drones menu on the Aran and Sul, wich was a bummer. Uninstalled "Carriers" for my new playthrough in favour of your mod.
Yours, michaelbm71

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 22:48

@Nago

Maybe later this or next week, short on time because of real-life/work/wife etc... :)

@michaelbm71

Should not be incompatible with carriers since it doesn´t change the same scripts. Maybe the drone-menu-problem is caused by carriers itself since it changes menu-structures. You could ask Marvin Martian in the carriers mod thread.

Nago

Post by Nago » Wed, 16. Mar 16, 09:06

Thanks a lot !

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Thu, 17. Mar 16, 14:09

Added files to Nexus mods.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 17. Mar 16, 19:31

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 36266.35 extensions\ces\aiscripts\lib.ammo.missiles.iz.xml(39): 'type' is invalid! Must be either 'buy' or 'sell'!
thought it worth reporting.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 18:26

Umm... Missile-turrets now have infinite ammo?

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 19:23

@TSM:

I know that error, but I did not figure out how to solve it... ...it still does what it is supposed to do. If you or anyone else has a suggestion on that you´re welcome.

@swatti:

"NEW - Adds IZ ammo-check. Will make missile launchers work IZ. In fact that´s a cheat..."

So, yeah, they do in fact have "unlimited" ammo. It´s just the same script that Egosoft added for OOZ.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 19:50

ware reservations have now a type which can be buy or sell - just add the right one to the reservations you make ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 11:37

hi , i have a little problem . friendly and mine Capital don't stop fight on boarding ship

debstar2610
x4

Post by debstar2610 » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 18:44

Hi,

When a ship is doing emerjency jump, ( i think this is a new feature from vanilla game ),

Are drones supposed to be lost even if the ship is returning to battle ?

i really like the drones movements and formation :)

THe best Carrier is the Arawn as it has enough shield for taking damage, and do lots of damages ... I think the Arawn is too OP for this !!
The SUls are too weak without an appropriate mod to make it stay away from battle
The Hades Carrier from CWIR would be a real beast ( i did not use yet , 3600 drones slot ^^)

IMHO
Actually, I think, a real carrier should be weak and must stay away from the battles : radar range should be large enough and its movement scripts should be different from long range ships or close combat ships
I m not a modder yet, but it would be the nirvana to have CES + MICT + Marvin Carrier + Balckrain's ships working in harmony together lol !

Elfy
xr

Post by Elfy » Sun, 3. Apr 16, 02:35

My experience with boarding with this mod is strange. First time I tried it and it went perfectly. My Taranis flew circles around enemy, taking out first all turrets, then carefully (without big guns) dismantled its hull to 5% (not 50%) and then stopped completely. Now it's the same situation but my ships keep firing big guns until boarded ship goes kaboom.

I turned on logging and the log does have several lines like this

Code: Select all

[General] 105358.38 *** aicontext<fight.attack.object.capital,0x6d9c>: 105358.375Taranis. target is being boarded by frendlies and hull is below 50 percent. Stopping fire. Ship which is boarded: PMC Warden Destroyer Taranis, boardee name: Albion Skunk, relation to boarder: 1
The attack goes on however. And attacking ships don't seem to care where they hit either. One DO is the same as before (5/5/5), another is 4/4/4. Any idea why?

fonz71
x3

Post by fonz71 » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 21:45

steganox wrote:hi , i have a little problem . friendly and mine Capital don't stop fight on boarding ship
hi beaver. thank you for your work on this MOD, the description is great but i too am having this problem. friendly caps ships and my ships dont stop firing even while in defensive mode. sometimes they do, but if enemy ship hits them they fire til target destroyed. little buggers dont even want to follow orders to withdraw from battle or sometimes, they 'withdraw' directly on top of enemy ship and ask for new orders... lol and grrr!

another issue for me is the big gun script. not sure about the suckules, but the balor is still firing at fighters and i wish it wouldnt. this is the main reason i was interested in your MOD.

i am running w.evens' MIZCT without base MOD and only supplements 1-which only seems to change projectiles not behavior, 3-for the jump fuel, and 8- for repairs. do you know if #1 may be the problem? is there any other MODS yours is not compatible with? only other combat MOD i run is the carrier one.

thanks in advance for any advice or fixes for this, i hope i can get it working. as i said the description is awesome. just not working for me. :(
fonz

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 06:32

@fonz71

Hi,

I just fixed some bugs. Should work now as intended.
Would appreciate some feedback :)

jonesskill
x4

Don't work for me

Post by jonesskill » Thu, 23. Jun 16, 04:59

I'm trying to turn this MOD on, but when i restart the game he is OFF

I've already tryied to clear all the anothers mods and just install this on but don't work.

:/

jonesskill
x4

Post by jonesskill » Wed, 29. Jun 16, 22:51

Basically, this is the problem:
http://imgur.com/YOiKtA7

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”