[MOD/WIP] Combat enhancement scripts - "Better turrets" overhaul

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Elfy
xr

Post by Elfy » Sun, 3. Apr 16, 02:35

My experience with boarding with this mod is strange. First time I tried it and it went perfectly. My Taranis flew circles around enemy, taking out first all turrets, then carefully (without big guns) dismantled its hull to 5% (not 50%) and then stopped completely. Now it's the same situation but my ships keep firing big guns until boarded ship goes kaboom.

I turned on logging and the log does have several lines like this

Code: Select all

[General] 105358.38 *** aicontext<fight.attack.object.capital,0x6d9c>: 105358.375Taranis. target is being boarded by frendlies and hull is below 50 percent. Stopping fire. Ship which is boarded: PMC Warden Destroyer Taranis, boardee name: Albion Skunk, relation to boarder: 1
The attack goes on however. And attacking ships don't seem to care where they hit either. One DO is the same as before (5/5/5), another is 4/4/4. Any idea why?

fonz71
x3

Post by fonz71 » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 21:45

steganox wrote:hi , i have a little problem . friendly and mine Capital don't stop fight on boarding ship
hi beaver. thank you for your work on this MOD, the description is great but i too am having this problem. friendly caps ships and my ships dont stop firing even while in defensive mode. sometimes they do, but if enemy ship hits them they fire til target destroyed. little buggers dont even want to follow orders to withdraw from battle or sometimes, they 'withdraw' directly on top of enemy ship and ask for new orders... lol and grrr!

another issue for me is the big gun script. not sure about the suckules, but the balor is still firing at fighters and i wish it wouldnt. this is the main reason i was interested in your MOD.

i am running w.evens' MIZCT without base MOD and only supplements 1-which only seems to change projectiles not behavior, 3-for the jump fuel, and 8- for repairs. do you know if #1 may be the problem? is there any other MODS yours is not compatible with? only other combat MOD i run is the carrier one.

thanks in advance for any advice or fixes for this, i hope i can get it working. as i said the description is awesome. just not working for me. :(
fonz

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 06:32

@fonz71

Hi,

I just fixed some bugs. Should work now as intended.
Would appreciate some feedback :)

jonesskill
x4

Don't work for me

Post by jonesskill » Thu, 23. Jun 16, 04:59

I'm trying to turn this MOD on, but when i restart the game he is OFF

I've already tryied to clear all the anothers mods and just install this on but don't work.

:/

jonesskill
x4

Post by jonesskill » Wed, 29. Jun 16, 22:51

Basically, this is the problem:
http://imgur.com/YOiKtA7

DeadMor0z
x4

Post by DeadMor0z » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 23:19

Looks like there is somethig wrong in this part of code (fight.attack.object.capital.xml:266):

Code: Select all

<!--Prioritize $target if exists-->
            <do_if value="$validbigguntarget.count">
              <shoot_at object="this.ship" target="$target" slot="tag.secondary_slot" tolerance="360.0deg" locktarget="true" weapontype="combat" />
            </do_if>
            <do_else>
              <!-- $target null, find target of opportunity for turrets if any -->
              <shoot_at object="this.ship" target="$validbigguntarget.{1}" slot="tag.secondary_slot" tolerance="360.0deg" locktarget="true" weapontype="combat" />
            </do_else>
target="$validbigguntarget.{1}" in shoot_at tag always will be nil, as it is in do_else tag, i.e. $validbigguntarget.count = 0

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Sat, 2. Jul 16, 16:38

@DeadMor0z:

...did you see anything strange ingame or did you just look at the debug-log?

If you got a solution for that feel free to post it and I will implement that asap. Right now I don´t really have time to look into this...

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 09:24

How may I uninstall this?
save game are not loading any more if I try

I would like to test newest CWIR without CES

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 16:16

@Trokhon

As it says in the description:

***********************************************************************************************************
Use at your own risk!
Potentially not savegame-safe!
***********************************************************************************************************

You could try to edit your savegame or edit the content.xml and set save="true" to save="false" and then uninstall the mod after saving your game again -> but I simply don´t know what will happen!!!

I think the best way to test CWIR would be to start a new game...

CES is not compatible with CWIR since CWIR comes with it´s own combat script.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 08:05

Do you have any plans to improve Drostan behavior?

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 17:11

@Warnoise

I think small ship combat works just fine as it is.

Personally I don´t use Drostans, I use assault drones (included in this mod) to bombard things.

So I don´t have plans or interests in changing small ship combat scripts.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 04:48

beaver1981 wrote:@Warnoise

I think small ship combat works just fine as it is.

Personally I don´t use Drostans, I use assault drones (included in this mod) to bombard things.

So I don´t have plans or interests in changing small ship combat scripts.
So i guess Drostan script is linked to all small fighter scripts, is my understanding right?

thank you very much for your response.

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 20:39

@Warnoise

Yeah, there is one script about targeting/firing for L/XL ships and two for S/M ships... ...or from another view one for defense-officers and two for pilots.

fight.attack.object.capital -> L/XL vs. Drone/XS/S/M/L/XL/station
-> modified by this mod

fight.attack.object.fighter -> S/M vs. Drone/XS/S/M,
fight.attack.object.fighter.bigtarget S/M vs. L/XL/Station,
-> I´m definitly the wrong person to talk to if you do have questions about them :wink:

Drostan is an S-size ship (pilot).

So your understanding is right.

jocan2003
x4

Re: [MOD/WIP] Combat enhancement scripts - "Better turrets" overhaul

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 15:04

Im using the new frontier mod and i necer saw my arawn mk2 or sny other ship for that matter targetting surface element. They all have 5 star from captain to engineer.

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 21:01

jocan2003 wrote:
Sat, 29. Sep 18, 15:04
Im using the new frontier mod and i necer saw my arawn mk2 or sny other ship for that matter targetting surface element. They all have 5 star from captain to engineer.
I'm also using the New Frontier mod with CES and my ships target surface elements just fine. However, since New Frontier is based upon CWIR I deleted both "fight.attack.object.capital.xml" and "fight.attack.object.drone.leader.xml" from the "nf_base" extension like it is recommended on the Steam mod page for CES for when using it with CWIR. If you didn't do this, maybe give it a try.

I'm actually quite happy about my ships combat behavior when using the movement scripts from NF together with the fight scripts from CES.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 17:15

thank you for the nfbase pointer ill try that

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 05:53

Well doesnt work... i must have somthing else moding these files...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”