[MOD] X Rebirth Lost Sectors v1.5.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 16:56

Awesome mod!
God, that Terran Tokyo... what a beautiful ship! Makes me want to see a lot more of x3 ships on rebirth. I fell like X Rebirth ships have no identity at all... just generic ship models put together to form a 'space-thing' that has guns and engines.

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 16:58

Is a new game required after upgrade of this mod from 1.2.6 to 1.3?

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 17:04

Not, you can continue game.

AnthonyNVII
x4

Post by AnthonyNVII » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 20:36

Amazing job! My game feels so much more alive thanks to your mod. When I saw the small Terran fighters and the Tokyo my heart stopped lol! Any plans on adding any other Terran ships in the future like the Kyoto or Osaka? Or maybe some other race’s ships? Either way amazing job thank you so so much!

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 20:46

Thanks, Osaka will be added in future, also you can buy paranid Odysseus from split shipyard and boron frigate in Omicron Lyrae.

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Wed, 28. Mar 18, 16:23

KrYcHokE wrote:Thanks, Osaka will be added in future, also you can buy paranid Odysseus from split shipyard and boron frigate in Omicron Lyrae.
Yes!
Please, Valhalla and Odin two :) :) :) :)

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 23:17

---V1.3.0---
[*] Added German localization (thanks to SirFrancisDrake).
[*] Added station build missions to Source of Darkness, Eureka Eight, Maelstrom and Fields of Opportunity.
[*] Some minor changes and bugfixes.

Download:
Lostsectors 1.3.0

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 00:45

Thanks for the update :)

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 11:16

Hi again,

I'm using the New Frontier mod along with The Lost Sectors (+compatibility patch) and Herschel's Gift (+compatibility patch) and I'm trying to find out which mod is adding particular ships.

The ships in question are the Mastodon and Mastodon XL, and both appear to have broken cargo - they can only load Fuel. I noticed when bringing up the details for the "Storage" section in the ships info it looked wrong (missing storage categories) so I tested by trying to issue a manual trade - nothing but fuel could be loaded.

If these aren't added by this mod, sorry, ignore me but if they are I'm not sure if it's the mod or the compatibility patch for New Frontier that needs tweaking.

I've posted in the New Frontier mod thread too - Marvin confirmed these are not native to their mod, however they do provide compatibility patches for The Lost Sectors, so perhaps tweaks are needed there?

Cheers,

Scoob.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 14:35

Yes, it added by my mod, but i dont see any problems with it. You have this problem with all mastodon in universe or with specific ones?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 17:52

KrYcHokE wrote:Yes, it added by my mod, but i dont see any problems with it. You have this problem with all mastodon in universe or with specific ones?
I only noticed it after I'd captured a Mastodon and Mastodon XL - I'll pop in-game and find some NPC ones to check...

Edit: I'm not in areas where Mastodon's are present, so haven't seen any NPC ones yet.

Edit 2: After some exploring, I've just found another Mastodon XL ("HY Marauder Mastodon XL - Storage" to be exact) and this one appears to be configured correctly, having the all-important ""Bulk Liquid Container Energy 0 / 425 k m 3" entry in the ships information panel. My own Mastodon XL does not have this, just the Fuel entry, thus can only carry fuel.

Thought: The New Frontier mod allows the player, with the correct ship, to salvage Wrecks, that's where both my Mastodons came from. I've claimed numerous ships however - Loki's and Sanahars - and these have all been fine cargo configuration wise.

I will keep looking for NPC Mastodons, just in case there's one that's broken.

Scoob.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 11:17

His storage was destroyed for some reason, did you tried to repair it on shipyard?

Upd:

Think i find where is problem, my custom storages have not integrated hull, so it was destroyed and left only default fuel storage.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 13:53

KrYcHokE wrote:His storage was destroyed for some reason, did you tried to repair it on shipyard?

Upd:

Think i find where is problem, my custom storages have not integrated hull, so it was destroyed and left only default fuel storage.
Ah, so Engineers cannot repair it then? I did not attempt a Shipyard repair.

Regarding the Loki: I noticed after ordering mine to buy 30 Force Field Generators it returned showing just 1 in it's cargo - despite still retaining hte "unload 30..." in its delivery order. On closer inspection, only the cargo from one of the cargo holds was showing in the main ship view. If I went into the Details screen for "Storage" I'd then see all 30 Force Field Generators spread over two separate holds... the first hold (holding 29) was not included in the main ship view it appears.

Scoob.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 14:19

Try repair it on shipyard.

About Loki, it just have 5 default storages, and i find bug :shock: - duplicate storages:

Code: Select all

<connection ref="connection_storage01">
        <macro ref="storage_ship_l_fuel_01_macro" connection="ShipConnection" />
      </connection>
      <connection ref="connection_storage01">
        <macro ref="storage_ship_m_container_01_macro" connection="ShipConnection" />
      </connection>
      <connection ref="connection_storage02">
        <macro ref="storage_ship_m_energy_01_macro" connection="ShipConnection" />
      </connection>
      <connection ref="connection_storage03">
        <macro ref="storage_ship_xs_universal_01_macro" connection="ShipConnection" />
      </connection>
      <connection ref="connection_storage04">
        <macro ref="storage_ship_l_fuel_01_macro" connection="ShipConnection" />
      </connection>

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 14:38

I sold both Mastodons so can't test a shipyard repair - sorry!

Cool. Glad you've found the cause of the Loki storage issue :)

Will an update fix the Loki I already have, or will it be stuck with the slightly broken config? I guess I can saved-game edit to fix it if need be?

Scoob.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 15:10

Yeah, changes apply only for new spawned ships.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 16:54

KrYcHokE wrote:Yeah, changes apply only for new spawned ships.
Ok, not to worry. Am I right in thinking I can fix this via a safe edit? It's not huge issue if not, I can just sell the ship and get another.

My main game issue currently - over in the New Frontier mod thread - is the hacker who's taken over my newly build shipyard lol.

Scoob.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 06:13

I've only installed this mod today and flown around one of the new clusters, but I'm so impressed by the variety of the new ships, the quality of the visuals, and the thought that has gone into the layout of the new spaces. Great work!

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 08:54

Thanks, I'm glad that you liked it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 11. Apr 18, 00:33

Hey :)

Is the Sulrahanar one of your ships too? I think it's suffering from the same cargo issue as the Mastodons.

I attempted to send it to a Shipyard to be repaired, but as the Engineer had already repaired it to 100% I did not have an option to fix it.

I guess I could remove the Engineer temporarily, damage the ship deliberately and then try again... that should work, right?

Edit: well that's weird! I got the Sulrahanar's shields down with the Skunk, but I cannot damage its hull at all!! Going to keep trying.

Edit 2: Must be some weird lag... Hull was at 100%, shields were down, so I thought I'd try destroying the Capital Shield Generator. The second I did that, the ship hull dropped to 71%

Edit 3: Repairing at a Shipyard does not appear to have restored this ships cargo. Hull is not at 100% but it's stuck just being able to carry Fuel. Any ideas? I spoke too soon! Seems there was some delay again. Ship was showing as just able to carry fuel, now it's got it's cargo back.

Btw: I do love your ship designs! As I originally installed New Frontier and your mod together, I didn't initially appreciate which ones were your designs. Great work!

Scoob.
Last edited by Scoob on Wed, 11. Apr 18, 01:04, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”