Problem with game and engine upgrades

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Malakie
x4

Problem with game and engine upgrades

Post by Malakie » Wed, 14. Dec 16, 02:26

I have a game I have been playing a while. Had some mods installed.

The problem was when I went to upgrade the ship engines. Suddenly the game reports no engines installed and afterburner boost no longer works.

First thought, a mod was interfering. So I turned all off, removed them from the save game... but the problem still exists.

So i turned off the DLC's too. Problem STILL exists.

Is there a way to fix this problem or do I have to start all over yet again?

I have a clean, NO DLC NO MODS save game now but when I upgrade the engines, I lose AB/Boost and the ships info reports no engines installed. In fact the vendor list also does not show engine installed.. the one I selected actually disappears from the vendor list too..

Any help would be appreciated as I really do not want to start over yet again... it would also be nice to figure out which mod causes the problem, I assume it is a mod causing it, so I don't turn it on and halfway in a game find out yet again I cannot upgrade engines...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 14. Dec 16, 03:14

Unfortunately, unsubscribing from mods and removing them from saves doesn't necessarily remove all their effects on games.

I've moved the thread to the Mod area because the Technical area is not able to help with issues unless they can be duplicated in games without any history of mod use.

If possible, please list mods used in the past in case that leads to solutions.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Wed, 14. Dec 16, 03:19

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Unfortunately, unsubscribing from mods and removing them from saves doesn't necessarily remove all their effects on games.

I've moved the thread to the Mod area because the Technical area is not able to help with issues unless they can be duplicated in games without any history of mod use.

If possible, please list mods used in the past in case that leads to solutions.
ahh ok.. that is probably the case then.. save game is corrupt due to one of those mods... which means, most likely will have to start over.... again.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”