[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:30

Sadly the spawned ships keep increasing. Hopefully someone can explain that to me. I had assumed spawned stations / ships only happen at launch and never again.

https://i.imgur.com/BX3DFNQ.png

700 more ships spawned. I really thought they could not do this unless if spawned means buying small/medium ships? But then you think it be built.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:25

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Fri, 19. Oct 18, 16:33
Oh well...

I would like to try again with the Weapon Parts production, this time more carefully.
Hopefully we are able to clear some problems.
Vectorial1024,
That would be much appreciated.
bitvoid wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:25
@Marvin I did some quick calculations to see how many plasma flow regulators I have to produce to keep my shippart production alive and the results seem a bit high to me.

In Albion each Civ Ship Parts Lot has 2 weaponpart and 4 shippart productions.

The weaponparts productions will have 32.72 assemble cycles every hour consuming 5 flow regulators with each one.
The shippart productions will have 3.91 assemble and default cycles every hour consuming 5 or 3 flow regulators each.

In total that means a single Civ Ship Parts Lot consumes 452.32 plasma flow regulators every hour.

A single Ship Tech Fab has 2 productions for plasma flow regulators each producing 40/h so 80/h in total.

So to keep a single Civ Ship Parts Lot supplied you'd need 5.65 Ship Tech Fabs which seems a bit high to me.

In my case I have 2 own Civ Ship Parts Lots, the NPC own another 5. They also have 8 Ship Tech Fabs, I have 2.
Looks like I'd need to build another 30 of them for my and the NPCs shippart productions finally to run smoothly :)
I am afraid it's much worse than that.

In an effort to help, as I have zero programming skills, in my game, the HOA Albion Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Parts) in Gemstone Manufacture has two weapons part production facilities, each consuming 24,840 energy cells and 900 plasma flow regulators to produce 180 ship parts (I presume these are supposed to be weaponsparts) all per hour. The four production runs that produce 12 ship parts (presumably correct) requires a host of different resources of which 12 plasma flow regulators are required per hour (this consumption seems more correct). That's 1,848 per hour for this one station. No wonder there's hardly any plasma flow regulators in my X-verse.

Stranger is the Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Parts) I built has 3 - 180 production runs and 3 - 12 production runs.

And stranger yet is... while looking at a HOA Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in Gemstone Manufacture at the production run of the 12 unit runs, I paused the game to go do something in real life. When I came back to play again and escaped to Station Menu, now it says 4-180 Ship Part runs, 1-12 and 1-16. To summarize, this station went from 2-180 and 4-12 production runs to 4-180, 1-12 and 1-16 production runs ( presumably as a result of a production run completion).

It seems the variable production runs of the template Civ Ship Parts Lot has transferred to the Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) station. It seems to me the fixed production facilities of most stations need to be implemented.

And while I was editing this post (in preview), this HOA Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in Gemstone Manufacture received a delivery of plasma flow regulators. With the resumption of production, the Station Menu reverted to 2-200 Ship Part (Weapons), 3-12 Ship Part and 1-16 Ship Part, with the two weapons parts production runs requiring varying resources depending on which production run you viewed, each changing each time I viewed them. When I looked at the Ship Part (Weapons) production runs, they changed to display "Ship parts".

Hope this helps,
Thufar

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:27

Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:30
Sadly the spawned ships keep increasing. Hopefully someone can explain that to me. I had assumed spawned stations / ships only happen at launch and never again.

700 more ships spawned. I really thought they could not do this unless if spawned means buying small/medium ships? But then you think it be built.
Kane,

How are you getting that information to display?

Thufar

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:30

Thufar wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:27
Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:30

Kane,

How are you getting that information to display?

Thufar
It's in the stats window under your personal info :)

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:54

Thufar wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:25
Vectorial1024,
That would be much appreciated.

Hope this helps,
Thufar
Yeah, there were previous attempts to solve the Ship Part / Weapon Part production problem before, but since we never fully agreed on the exact solution, all we did were patches to the existing production methods (which, IMO, is not good/"clean"). Now things are getting a bit out of control, so Imma try restarting the problem-solving procedure again from scratch.

My aim would be to create an "intermediate" ware that can represent weapons in the game lore. Such ware would be required in all weapon-related matters in the game, ranging from ship weapons to station defences, and optionally military drones too.

To maximize vanilla-friendliness, such ware would have to require approximately the same amount of resources that the original method would require to build those ship weapons etc., and also have approximately the same price per unit with respect to the original wares required, so the economy won't break (like it is now; I often stay around shipyards just to compete with NPCs to place the ship construction orders first. That's really stressful, tbh, and I often end up having significantly more ships than I could manage or use...).
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:56

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:54
Yeah, there were previous attempts to solve the Ship Part / Weapon Part production problem before, but since we never fully agreed on the exact solution, all we did were patches to the existing production methods (which, IMO, is not good/"clean").
Ok, if you're attempting to find a solution, lets start with what was the "original" problem. Why were Ship Parts and Weapon Parts created in the first place? Why not use the "normal" ship production?

<edit 1>It seems to maximize "vanilla friendliness", one would use vanilla.
<edit 2>It seems the easiest way to "fix" this problem might be to eliminate it from the mod entirely.

Thufar

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 18:49

Thufar wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:56
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:54
Yeah, there were previous attempts to solve the Ship Part / Weapon Part production problem before, but since we never fully agreed on the exact solution, all we did were patches to the existing production methods (which, IMO, is not good/"clean").
Ok, if you're attempting to find a solution, lets start with what was the "original" problem. Why were Ship Parts and Weapon Parts created in the first place? Why not use the "normal" ship production?

<edit 1>It seems to maximize "vanilla friendliness", one would use vanilla.
<edit 2>It seems the easiest way to "fix" this problem might be to eliminate it from the mod entirely.

Thufar
... yeah, which would defeat its original purpose.

The higher ups are trying to make some "universal systems", like this Ship Part / Weapon Part thing, so things would be more, well, universal. The expected result is that one would theoretically be possible to build an Fulmekron without visiting Omicron Lyrae even once, since ships would then require Ship Parts to assemble. In this situation, one could choose to stay in Albion, expand the ship-building industries, produce Ship Parts using the Albion method, then build non-Albion ships, like the Fulmekron normally only buildable in Omicron Lyrae.

Personally, I find this idea very promising because if we are to add in more new ships, we don't have to worry about the individual values of the ship's cost. (Have you noticed that the Rahanas variants each cost different amount of resources?) Those modders could be like "OK so a Rahanas costs this much Ship Parts, and my new ship has double the capacity of the Rahanas, so perhaps my new ship will cost double then". This can let designers focus more on the design, and less on "implementation".

But then... let's say, I couldn't quite carry the idea across. The higher ups are reiterating the question of "what if there's some mod out there that does not use our uni-prod (universal production, thats the name given by the higher ups) system then our uni-prod system will break their mods"... I said "well then flag those mods as incompatible and then we shall wait and see; either we help make compatibility, or they help us make the compatibility", but then later the discussion kind of loses its focus.

Check the posts up there; I asked about the Ship Part / Weapon Part issue 2 months before (around August 2018).
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 02:20

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 18:49

The higher ups are trying to make some "universal systems", like this Ship Part / Weapon Part thing, so things would be more, well, universal. The expected result is that one would theoretically be possible to build an Fulmekron without visiting Omicron Lyrae even once, since ships would then require Ship Parts to assemble. In this situation, one could choose to stay in Albion, expand the ship-building industries, produce Ship Parts using the Albion method, then build non-Albion ships, like the Fulmekron normally only buildable in Omicron Lyrae.
Ok, I see the point, however... (and I'm sure this was pointed out in earlier arguments) this whole concept is completely lore unfriendly. This totally ignores the great gate shutdown. The isolated systems. The gates reopening to unexpected and new areas (DeVries was not "supposed" to be on the other side of the Albion gate). All races aren't 'supposed' to be able to build each other's ships. Systems aren't supposed to be "universal."

Additionally, this whole idea of universal components makes playing the entire X-universe pointless, just play in your small part of it. If a player is only going to play, say in Albion, why should their character discover/want/need/build another race's ships from some other part of the galaxy they've never visited?
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Personally, I find this idea very promising because if we are to add in more new ships, we don't have to worry about the individual values of the ship's cost. (Have you noticed that the Rahanas variants each cost different amount of resources?) Those modders could be like "OK so a Rahanas costs this much Ship Parts, and my new ship has double the capacity of the Rahanas, so perhaps my new ship will cost double then". This can let designers focus more on the design, and less on "implementation".
Again, I understand the idea, and I have no idea how difficult it actually is to implement an additional ship into the game as I've not done it, but I would expect a Sanahar Mk2 to take more resources to build than a Sanahar, even if using vanilla build systems. I see most of the ships included in this mod seem to come from including other mods into this one, which means the vanilla production method has already been worked out at least to some point.

I don't want to poo-poo the idea of adding additional ships - please do, but the reality is 1) isn't there plenty ship variety in the mod already?, 2) X4 is right around the corner and interest in this mod (and game) is likely going to wane, 3) this uni-parts system is broken and no one seems to know how to fix it nor the group have a consensus on how to fix it, and 4) this system has been broken since implementation and, other than your efforts, doesn't appear to be garnering the higher-ups attention to fix it.

If the higher-ups want one race to be able to build all ships, add the race-dependent wares to the Teladi shipyard and let them build all ships, and for a premium price. One would expect those sly lizards to orchestrate that ability and not break the lore. Want to build those ships yourself? Steal that shipyard's blueprint (which should be very difficult).
Vectorial1024 wrote:
What the higher-ups have got is the most critical station to the stated purpose is fragged to high heaven, no one knows how to fix it, higher-ups don't appear to be interested in fixing it, it has plasma flow regulators market fragged in the economy, NF mod users have to build ungodly numbers of stations to support it, etc.

I think the original purpose is defeated already. Might it be time to re-think this concept?

Respectfully submitted for consideration,
Thufar (soon to be nicknamed Debby Downer)

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 05:41

Thufar wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 02:20

I think the original purpose is defeated already. Might it be time to re-think this concept?

Respectfully submitted for consideration,
Thufar (soon to be nicknamed Debby Downer)
Rethinking this concept is, IMO, a bit difficult. (Not that I don't want to; there's another factor supporting the uni-parts method)

As a matter of fact, players are able to buy S/M ships at shipyards only after the 2.X update (forgot exactly which update).

Then, there is this problem that the DeVries shipyard would consume too much resources. The reason is that while the L/XL cradles can sit around all day without doing anything/consuming anything, the S/M shipyards can't; they have to consume resources until they run out of resources to make ships or run out of space to store S/M ships.

And then there is this guy who said "well screw this Imma just implement the BTO behavior of L/XL cradles over to the S/M shipyards", then made a mod where you could order individual ships in S/M shipyards instead of buying them. This effectively solved the problem of DeVries shipyards eating too much. To achieve this, that mod introduced a new ware called "Ship Parts". It's just the same as the one we have now!

I think the higher ups are just trying to integrate that mod into the New Frontiers mod in an attempt to overhaul the entire game.

I am not sure if the original uni-prod author is here working for New Frontiers. If that's the case, well, we can't simply convince away the sentimental value of the uni-prod method. So, yeah, a gridlock.

Or... *deep chaotic voice intensifies* we could fork this, give credits, and make this mod our own... (Isn't this what New Frontiers did? Ripping off from CWIR?)

EDIT:
Suspicion confirmed. There is this very obsolete mod, [url=https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/350]Build Shipyards[url], which is one of the very many founding blocks of New Frontiers (damn, that's a lot of history going on here), that introduced the concept of Ship Parts. Build Shipyards integrated Build Small Ships into itself (Build Small Ships does NOT have Ship Parts), and was later adopted by Conquest and War in Rebirth (CWIR), which was then succeeded by CWIR: The New Frontiers (this mod).

So... yeah......... the original author of the uni-prod method is indeed indirectly contributing to this mod, though he very likely did not expect it. Sentimental values, yall.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 06:27

Has anyone got the ayosana to work properly for repairing? Does it only work OOS? How long does it usually take to repair a capital ship?

I gave it the repair in area (my ship priorities) order, and it flew over to one of my ships and sat there for 5+ minutes. Thinking something was wrong, I ordered the ship to dock into it, and that made the Ayosana become enemy kind of. I couldn't order it to do trade routes (Something I noticed), and I had the option to board it (Which I did, and lost my marines lol). It was still green and I could order it to do everything but trade routes.

So, to use it correctly, do I just order it to do repair in sector and leave it alone?

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 16:10

Thanks Vectorial1024 for engaging me in this discussion and giving me a view into the mind of the higher-ups.
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 05:41
There is this very obsolete mod... which is one of the very many founding blocks of New Frontiers .
Key words in that statement... very - obsolete - mod. Why is it obsolete (rhetorical question)? Did it not work (I have no idea, not looked into it), and if not, why was it incorporated into NF?
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Then, there is this problem that the DeVries shipyard would consume too much resources. The reason is that while the L/XL cradles can sit around all day without doing anything/consuming anything, the S/M shipyards can't; they have to consume resources until they run out of resources to make ships or run out of space to store S/M ships.
DeVries, an isolated mining colony that virtually no one (Terrans, if I remember the plot correctly) remembers, that has few resources and struggled to survive during the gate shutdown. So, this mindset for the NF mod is trying to be lore unfriendly still. Isn't there more than two ways to skin a cat?

Cat #1) One could/would be to cause the S/M shipyard to consume fewer resources. Cannot the vanilla resource consumption of the S/M Shipyard in DeVries not be lowered by dividing the current quantities say... in half?

Cat #2) Could one not provide more resources to DeVries ala something like Prosper DeVries by adding appropriate stations? Or, god forbid, the player build them (most lore friendly)?

My point is, from the player's point of view, there's other ways to accomplish the goal.

So, Cat #3) Why base the shippart production out of a Civ Ship Parts Lot. It looks like the major obstacle to using this station is the variability in the production runs. Why not use any of the other stations with six production runs. It would have stable production runs. Give the new station a new name, re-categorize the production runs, re-allocate the resource consumption, and viola! I assume I'm missing something, as this hasn't been done - or is this too easy?

Thufar

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 19:25

Vectorial1024 wrote:
(damn, that's a lot of history going on here)
Before any of you begin to question why I know this much, allow me to disclaim myself: I have done things I should not have.
Thufar wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 16:10
Key words in that statement... very - obsolete - mod. Why is it obsolete (rhetorical question)? Did it not work (I have no idea, not looked into it), and if not, why was it incorporated into NF?
Step by step.

There was this, let's say, archaic and obsolete mod, the Build Small Ships mod, that was made to enable players to get S/M ships. Mind you - back when the mod was made vanilla S/M shipyards could not build S/M ships. No trace of Ship Parts could be found in its source.

Then comes the mod that I mentioned, the Build Shipyards mod. Its idea was revolutionary, as it allowed players to construct shipyards for their own use. The author of this mod integrated some other mods, including the Build Small Ships mod, and advertised the new mod as a "all-in-one ship-building suite". Ship Parts first appeared here, serving its purpose in the DeVries shipyards as mentioned before. If I remember correctly, the Ship Parts were also used in Albion and OL S/M shipyards too. At this point, Build Small Ships is replaced by Build Shipyards, and thus become obsolete. (Honestly that mod is obsolete the moment Egosoft fixed their S/M shipyards bruh)

After that, some things happened, and the authors of three mods came to an agreement to make Conquest and War in Rebirth (CWIR). CWIR, as you know it, is another revolutionary mod in itself since it introduced the concept of factions fighting over zones and sectors. (Just look at X4; where did Egosoft take inspiration from?) The Build Shipyards mod is one of the three mods that got integrated into CWIR, as the CWIR team hoped to get the shipyard-building feature to let players have an active role to play in galactic warfare (economic independence and yeah). Strangely, Ship Parts were not used by the players, but existed among the source codes. No idea what's going on.

Finally we have CWIR: The New Frontiers, that succeeds CWIR and adds even more features (as advertised). Apparently the higher ups don't want to waste the potential of Ship Parts, and attempt to re-introduce them. IDK IDK IDK.
Thufar wrote:
Cat #1) One could/would be to cause the S/M shipyard to consume fewer resources. Cannot the vanilla resource consumption of the S/M Shipyard in DeVries not be lowered by dividing the current quantities say... in half?
Due to technical limitations we cannot "reduce the values by half". Instead, we must "introduce new values that is actually half of the original values". Also, DeVries ships are actually produced by following the id=default method (, which uses Albion resources). You would have to first define a new production method (like what we are trying to do), then copy the code over and modify each of them one by one. No one would wanna do that.
Thufar wrote:
Cat #2) Could one not provide more resources to DeVries ala something like Prosper DeVries by adding appropriate stations? Or, god forbid, the player build them (most lore friendly)?
Prosper DeVries, excuse me if I remembered wrongly, was not released back then. I am not sure if mods that add in extra Galactic Trader Jobs existed back then too... I only have a vague feeling that the only mods available back then were the specially-made Canteran "factory" ships mods. (They are technically awesome imo btw)

"But hey look at what we did now RoC is heavily fortifying DeVries they could send squads out there yada yada"
Thufar wrote:
So, Cat #3) Why base the shippart production out of a Civ Ship Parts Lot. It looks like the major obstacle to using this station is the variability in the production runs. Why not use any of the other stations with six production runs. It would have stable production runs. Give the new station a new name, re-categorize the production runs, re-allocate the resource consumption, and viola! I assume I'm missing something, as this hasn't been done - or is this too easy?
I'm not sure if I understand correctly.

Right now, there should be 3 different stations for S/M ships: a "S/M ship-building only" with 4 ship-building modules, a "integrated S/M ship-building" with 1 ship-building module and numerous "peripheral" production modules, and a "Ship Parts only" station repurposed from the "S/M ship-building only" station.

They indeed differentiated the Ship Parts station from the rest by giving a "[Ship Parts]" suffix to the station name.

Now that you go deeper, I realize I do not really understand the original purpose of implementing Ship Parts into the mod. I merely attempted to deduce what's going on, and thus suggested to re-balance the numbers and warelists. Perhaps that's the main reason why I "failed to get the point across"; there is just too much confusion...

I'd love it if we could start off clean again.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 04:53

ok, I've been messing with the Ayosana for a few hours (yes really lol), I've got it fully stocked with construction urv's (3 cargo), and 50 elite marines. I managed to get it to repair a small ship with salvage > selecting the ship, it quickdocked into it and was repaired!

However, the engineer became obsessed with the repaired ship, and when I salvaged other small ships, nothing was being done after docking. I checked the Ayosana's engineer, and it was still repairing the ship that was originally repaired, even though I had undocked it.

I read wayyy earlier in the thread that you have to contact the engineer to get him to focus on other ships, so I did that, but now it's just stuck at "analyzing components" on the ayosana instead of assisting the other damaged ships.

0 luck with the capitals. Running the repair service as well as manually docking x/l, they DO dock, but nothing happens, the ayosana stays on "analyzing components" instead of "supporting ship".

Does the Ayosana have to have a 5* engineer for that?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 05:03

conquestor wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 04:53
ok, I've been messing with the Ayosana for a few hours (yes really lol), I've got it fully stocked with construction urv's (3 cargo), and 50 elite marines. I managed to get it to repair a small ship with salvage > selecting the ship, it quickdocked into it and was repaired!

However, the engineer became obsessed with the repaired ship, and when I salvaged other small ships, nothing was being done after docking. I checked the Ayosana's engineer, and it was still repairing the ship that was originally repaired, even though I had undocked it.

I read wayyy earlier in the thread that you have to contact the engineer to get him to focus on other ships, so I did that, but now it's just stuck at "analyzing components" on the ayosana instead of assisting the other damaged ships.

0 luck with the capitals. Running the repair service as well as manually docking x/l, they DO dock, but nothing happens, the ayosana stays on "analyzing components" instead of "supporting ship".

Unfortunately I don't know much about repairing; it seems that repairing is an experimental feature. Gotta wait for responses from the higher ups.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 05:05

conquestor wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 04:53

I have a mod where it suppose to repair with a engineer on the ships and such and I have had it bugged out. I kicked my old engineer out and replaced it and then it worked. It was on some strange part name...

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 05:07

Spawned Ships keep Spawning. I hope someone is able to tell me what "spawns" then ships. I actually been just running the Mod Pack in the background now waiting on what causes it or what it means. I just worry that something might be broken as from what I understand ships don't or should not spawn after the first creation of the game. But it seems to spawn another 1000 ships every 24 hours or so.

https://i.imgur.com/z0xnkWe.png

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 05:50

I think spawning doesn't mean created out of thin air, I think it just means ships that are added to faction pools on being created in docks etc.

A way to test this is to go to Epssilon lowlands (https://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/universe/ ... /sector-4/) It should be owned by Sovereign Syndicate, and they'll likely only have a shipyard (and maybe a few stations) and 2-3 capitals. Kill/capture them all, and sit in there with SETA overnight. Odds are you'll never see more being spawned.

That being said, Sovereign syndicate seems critically weak every game I've played so far, and it always serves as my place to get a free trade ship + CV :lol:

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 07:39

Thufar wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:25
I am afraid it's much worse than that.

In an effort to help, as I have zero programming skills, in my game, the HOA Albion Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Parts) in Gemstone Manufacture has two weapons part production facilities, each consuming 24,840 energy cells and 900 plasma flow regulators to produce 180 ship parts (I presume these are supposed to be weaponsparts) all per hour. The four production runs that produce 12 ship parts (presumably correct) requires a host of different resources of which 12 plasma flow regulators are required per hour (this consumption seems more correct). That's 1,848 per hour for this one station. No wonder there's hardly any plasma flow regulators in my X-verse.

Stranger is the Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Parts) I built has 3 - 180 production runs and 3 - 12 production runs.

And stranger yet is... while looking at a HOA Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in Gemstone Manufacture at the production run of the 12 unit runs, I paused the game to go do something in real life. When I came back to play again and escaped to Station Menu, now it says 4-180 Ship Part runs, 1-12 and 1-16. To summarize, this station went from 2-180 and 4-12 production runs to 4-180, 1-12 and 1-16 production runs ( presumably as a result of a production run completion).

It seems the variable production runs of the template Civ Ship Parts Lot has transferred to the Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) station. It seems to me the fixed production facilities of most stations need to be implemented.

And while I was editing this post (in preview), this HOA Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in Gemstone Manufacture received a delivery of plasma flow regulators. With the resumption of production, the Station Menu reverted to 2-200 Ship Part (Weapons), 3-12 Ship Part and 1-16 Ship Part, with the two weapons parts production runs requiring varying resources depending on which production run you viewed, each changing each time I viewed them. When I looked at the Ship Part (Weapons) production runs, they changed to display "Ship parts".

Hope this helps,
Thufar
I believe you're missing an important piece of the puzzle here. All production modules on the Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Parts) alternate between 2 production methods. First, they do a rather slow (and comparatively cheap) production of ship/weapon parts (production method "Albion"). After that, they do the quick and expensive "Assemble" cycle for ship parts.

In your case, it appears some production modules were stuck on the "Assemble" method which makes it look like they are using absolutely excessive amounts of resources. Once they finish that cycle though you'll see that they start a much less expensive production of the "Albion" method for ship/weapon parts.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that the plasma flow regulator consumption needs adjustment but it's not by any means as bad as you made it out to be.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 09:05

Maybe someone notice that the Shippart -thing is only an addon -> you don't need to use it if is so terrible imbalancend in your opinion

maybe it will possible to lower ship-construction-times under sippart method once later

if someone like to help:
one thing may to bring a new station type into game that make required wares (and/)or improve code of station-section (just for clearence existing code, not dozen of files

actually station-selection of Corps is very basic/static, best would be if encyklopedia data may accessible, atm the (best) code part only watch for similar stations and check types of wares and if they are required in the buildarea

alternitive a GOD Module that references what station is required most at sector/cluster - because in case factions build right stations it should not necessary to discuss requirements of wares

to build hightech stuff you may use the smallship-complex and remove shipproduction

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 13:51

OK. No more fooling around. Let me get to my point straight and clear.

So, Marvin Martian, you said:
Marvin Martian wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 09:05
Maybe someone notice that the Shippart -thing is only an addon -> you don't need to use it if is so terrible imbalancend in your opinion
However, BlackRain said this at the very very top at page 1:
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 18. Feb 17, 21:07
2) This will have to undergo extensive testing because we are introducing a new and very important ware, "Ship parts" which will be used in ship construction. These "Ship parts" will be made in a variety of different ways depending on certain things.
So, are Ship Parts optional or what? Please tell me I did not waste an entire week in August attempting to fix something not important.

Also consider that:
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 18. Feb 17, 21:07
Currently, Marvin Martian and I are working on a new mod. [...]
Marvin Martian, are you contradicting BlackRain? Aren't you two supposed to have some agreement on what's going on?

EDIT:

Perhaps I went overboard here. But my main point is: could someone explain the Role of Ship Parts? Like, is it needed?
Last edited by Vectorial1024 on Mon, 22. Oct 18, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”