[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 31. May 18, 00:15

Hi All, & Mod Authors & team.

I'm not to sure why it is that all the Xenon i come across and build have no Drone storage and no tradeware docks to load/unload.

If a assign a ship to stock the Xenon stations with drones they just sit there and do nothing as there is no where for them to dock or drones to unload those freighters that have no onboard drones of their own.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:00

JESS 246 wrote:Hi All, & Mod Authors & team.

I'm not to sure why it is that all the Xenon i come across and build have no Drone storage and no tradeware docks to load/unload.

If a assign a ship to stock the Xenon stations with drones they just sit there and do nothing as there is no where for them to dock or drones to unload those freighters that have no onboard drones of their own.
I don't have that problem: My Simatron has all 300 slots for URVs and marines. Any other mods (I have a vanilla NF)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:21

Sorry folks i got it a bit wrong in earlier post so here goes again.

When i play this game for some considerable time now i've found that Xenon Station have no dorne storage or trading dock ports, if i build or capture i'm unable to supply if i build or trade if friendly owned.

Every thing else is ok, ie manning and assigning ships and giving money.

Ships are Ok it's just the stations.

Thanks VincentTH but i was referring to station and forgot to say that, me brain went walkies Lol!, though sometime back i did have this with ships not having drone space.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:56

JESS 246 wrote:Sorry folks i got it a bit wrong in earlier post so here goes again.

When i play this game for some considerable time now i've found that Xenon Station have no dorne storage or trading dock ports, if i build or capture i'm unable to supply if i build or trade if friendly owned.

Thanks VincentTH but i was referring to station and forgot to say that, me brain went walkies Lol!, though sometime back i did have this with ships not having drone space.
From what I see not all Xenon stations can be docked. Only a few has docking ports. I think you may have captured one that has no docking port?

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 31. May 18, 18:54

VincentTH wrote:
JESS 246 wrote:Sorry folks i got it a bit wrong in earlier post so here goes again.

From what I see not all Xenon stations can be docked. Only a few has docking ports. I think you may have captured one that has no docking port?
It's possible, but i have built a few over time and of all types and noticed not one has a docking trad port or space for drones even xenon ship won't dock with their own stations.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 31. May 18, 22:31

Nescessary Stations should work, if it looks useless, don't build it
Anyway, fixed some points now on that Hive thing, but isn't interessting much
Xenon Economy is very simple because of reason nobody like to create a full economy with dedicated stations it seems - hard enough to add some stupid dockingports on that stations
Egosoft not even add right cargospaces or dockslots to any Xenon-Station to produce something, so this would require to build from scratch - fair enough to say "everone is welcome to do this work"

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 08:15

Yea.. Egosoft.. Betheshda.. all the same in this point.
Here you have an half semi-finished product
Let the Mod Autors do the Rest to make a full playable game from this .

Since what.. "Celebrating 25 years" ^^ we became x games full of options.. but never with the option to destroy your enemys competley.
The argument, thats not possible, because the economy would then imploding is to stupid..
the player is it who try to fill this holes.
If nobody any more produce this.. i can do.. thats the goal.. thats my point ^^
Remember me how often i wisch i can take this or that sectors completley down from xenons.. or paraniedes.. noo. this staion isnt destroyable.. this ship ever respawns ... you are unable to win...
---
So and now this mod ! a dream comes true.
after 25 years ^^

if MM now something else to contain the too fast expansion of the xenon, it would be almost perfect.
where we're back at the xenon stations.
These are almost all in one stations... so the xenon have hardly any effort to develop an economic cycle...
where other peoples have to build 20 stations around a shipyard, xenon 3-5
would be a balancing opportunity to reduce the production of xenon stations.
But that's a minor matter of fact.
First of all, all basic functions must function smoothly.

Update from me:
Fighting against stations works well now.

Ok my space is full of xenon.. time to start an new game..
maybe without the HoL DLC..
X:Rebirth: Zitat aus den Patchnotes 118
..A Whole Series Of Connected Problems ..
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 08:32

xenon rules are similar to all other factions, the only difference is that they produce on all SY (they can) similar - others do order always just one

Because of the traders are still stupid there are always small "cheats" to support ship building with required ressources (each couple of hours under extrem coditions), but thats similar to NPC, at easy level also the player is involved here - at last this system is based on a cheated delivery - so in case you want to besiege a station/space you can still destroy/board this trader

reason why xenon could expand fast is IMO previously the fight AI was broken against stations (IZ &) OOZ, the attacks was processed, but haven't any effect so far (ask ES why)

the production speed of Shipparts is for Xenon production much slower, and if they (or you) buy ressources, also more expensive (more then other methods)

The idea of covered trading was also here, that you could buy parts from Xenon/Pirate part-productions (or tradestations) too

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 10:28

Yea have seen a little cheat (think i)
after im selling an station to an NPC Faction.
after a few seconds spawn 2 little trade and mining ships to work for the station (a H2O thing) but thats ok.
would have been okay if the station had kept the allocated ships, but they remained in my possession.
----------------
so after start a new game (without HoL and Teladi DLC), im traffel to Malstrom
there are no xenon stations, ony a single "xenon" Solar station.. thats all.
And there is only one "red" zone.. with this station.. all other zones are blue.. some Xenon k9 destroyers here and there but no stations...

are there only in game with the DLCs ?
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 17:59

Without HoL the required assets simply missed for the SY or Productin so it doesen‘t would make sense
About that Xenon not a Corp without HoL and only work with Jobs like in vanilla game

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 23:08

now only in german

Das Tarnungssystem der Xenon ist nicht zuende gedacht und ich erklär auch warum.
Ich habs ja in HoL gesehen, was dadurch passiert. Die Xenon dringen in die äusseren sektoren vor und erkunden dort, auch gerne mal mit 2-3 I Pro Zone.
Nun kommt ein ungetarntes, wie du sagst bauschiff und baut dort eine Sation, so weit ab von den anderen stationen und vom highway , das es die HoL Sektorwachen nicht bemerken.
Ist die station errichtet, kommen weitere getarnete xenon und handeln hier, und da xeon fast ausschiesslich K Frachtr nutzen ist bald die zone voll von xenon, getarnten xenon, was die sektorwachen nicht kümmert.

In dem Moment, wo der sektor dann von HoL an die xenon wechselt haben wir den salat, denn nun sind da 1-2 Sektorwychen von HoL gegen oft 5-10 Xenon I , Imk3 und K , die sich auf einen schlag entarnen

Was passiert..?
rate mal.. 1 Arwan und vll noch ne leichte SUl gegen 2-3 I ..
no Chance.

Solange die I`s so overpowert sind gegen die HoL fraktion.. so Overpowert gegen RYK und KV , die auch noch miteinander verfeindet sind überrenen die xenon so durch die tarnug und dann massenhafte entarnung nach sektorübernahme jede dieser fraktionen.

Die letzten die gegen die Xenon bei mir in HoL kämpften, waren die Ausflugsdampfer, da die mit ihren 6 Grosschilden wenigstens stand hiellten, während die suls und arwans längst abgeraucht waren auch wenn se gegen 21 mio schild und hülle der Is nur wattebäusche werfen mit ihren ka mehr 12 hb/m türmen.

in meinem spiel hatte jede fraktion am ende um die 33 Grosschiffe, ausser JSS in OL mit gut 100.
Die xenon dagegen hatten 203 Grosschiffe und 197 stationen..
Rechne mal aus, was das für ne schiffsproduktion ist, wenn die auch noch parrallel produzieren wie du sagtest und mit ihren all in one stationen nur sammler und paar K Frachter brauchen die zu allem überfluss auch noch getarnt das unversum bereisen ^^

Das ist aus meiner sicht einfach vieell zu unbalanced noch, um gegen die xenon zu spielen.

Vll denkst du mal drüber nach ^^

Solang werd ich wieter ohne Xenon spielen.. also ohen HoL
schade, dass dadurch anscheinend auch KVkeine Grosschiff werft mehr hat.. sie haben zwar paar schiffe, aber nur ne massenwerft nun.
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 09:20

@Martian

It appears that boarding stations no longer works.

I have 6 cap ships and I put 5 subordinate to a Simakron, (and my Marine Officer on the Simakron). I then order the Simakron to attack the REI Construction Shop station. All went well until the last boarding pod got attached to the station, and some of them turn blue (and neutral) for some reason.

Now then it got stuck there for ever. In CWIR, there is a timeout that if there are some blue pod, then after a few minutes, they are considered in the station, and the boarding start. But in NF, it never proceed any further.

Too bad, I can't give a working save game, as it appears (problem #2), that a boarding in process can not be saved. Loading a game saved during boarding result in loss of all marines!!!!

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 11:17

The Blue pods is because a attach_to_object function from the engine do not work with stations, only ships

I Need to investigate, but doesen‘t know any great change here

@Timianer
Like previously said, covering of traders isn‘t in use actually and replaced by a hireing option- so it doesn‘t make sense to discuss this again
Use latest Version to have working fightAI against stations, maybe this will also change expanding speed

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 17:49

Marvin Martian wrote:The Blue pods is because a attach_to_object function from the engine do not work with stations, only ships

I Need to investigate, but doesen‘t know any great change here

@Timianer
Like previously said, covering of traders isn‘t in use actually and replaced by a hireing option- so it doesn‘t make sense to discuss this again
Use latest Version to have working fightAI against stations, maybe this will also change expanding speed
Thanks for looking into the problem. Here is a save game prior to boarding:

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 18:34

all this...
hmm maybe an new bug. or a feature...

In my new game i have selct the Terran Commander Start.
I build my home Sectors in "Dämmerwache"
All was fine , exept the point that now after a while of playing the PMC guarder Suls are spawning, like in the vanilla game after the Gate was blocked through the pmc.

I watched it closely, threw out some Targon seekers to see where.
Mostly about 150km behind the gate, just like in vanilla.
They definitely can't get through the gate and don't jump near the gate like all the other ships.

Its ok for me to fight against the PMC.. that was the goal to start this gamestart.. but i will fight reguar and not agains spawning ships..
evry 20 min the same spawning ships.. light sul , Heavy sul.. light .. heavy..

So.. is this wanted or is there still a standard script running now and they spawn forever ?
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 19:23

Marvin Martian wrote: @Timianer
I must have missed this "hiring option". Can you elaborate on how it works?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 20:15

it's at todo, testing should run with Deepwater Mercs to hire for plunder missions, trading work will be there maybe at the future, actual only ACME Jobtraders out there

about the StationBoarding
i think you use to much toooooooooooooo slow ships, i just send a Phimacron and the boarding seems to work fine, i would suggest to use a the Faster OL ships, or something Bomecron with 600-Slot as single ship or any fast Dronecarrier in alterntive
you can also use by special modification a couple of the Styrmir M-class ships with 30 slot "Marinespace" and transfer them with a high armed carrier close to the target and start there the boarding

maybe i will find time to add some command-options to the boarding(squad)ships to force them to release just right now, or got remove from squad

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 21:59

Timianer wrote:all this...
hmm maybe an new bug. or a feature...

In my new game i have selct the Terran Commander Start.
I build my home Sectors in "Dämmerwache"
All was fine , exept the point that now after a while of playing the PMC guarder Suls are spawning, like in the vanilla game after the Gate was blocked through the pmc.

I watched it closely, threw out some Targon seekers to see where.
Mostly about 150km behind the gate, just like in vanilla.
They definitely can't get through the gate and don't jump near the gate like all the other ships.

Its ok for me to fight against the PMC.. that was the goal to start this gamestart.. but i will fight reguar and not agains spawning ships..
evry 20 min the same spawning ships.. light sul , Heavy sul.. light .. heavy..

So.. is this wanted or is there still a standard script running now and they spawn forever ?
and what is about this ?

is that regular that they "Wächter Träger Suls" are spawning and re spawning ...
i have now bording and sell the 6. and destroyed 4... in the last 4 -5 hours..
seems that they always respawn...

The gate is saved fron me with an outpost.. but i dont want plaster the whole sector with outposts, especially since they can't be removed.
------------------------
Edit
Hmm or is that the case, because i have enabled " jump to zone "
maybe the ships jump direct to this point ?

hmm was that so, that the original jump to zones mod also lets NPC jumps ? dont remeber..
then i must disable the feature to jump tru gates.. hmm
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 23:07

Marvin Martian wrote:it's at todo, testing should run with Deepwater Mercs to hire for plunder missions, trading work will be there maybe at the future, actual only ACME Jobtraders out there

about the StationBoarding
i think you use to much toooooooooooooo slow ships, i just send a Phimacron and the boarding seems to work fine, i would suggest to use a the Faster OL ships, or something Bomecron with 600-Slot as single ship or any fast Dronecarrier in alterntive
you can also use by special modification a couple of the Styrmir M-class ships with 30 slot "Marinespace" and transfer them with a high armed carrier close to the target and start there the boarding

maybe i will find time to add some command-options to the boarding(squad)ships to force them to release just right now, or got remove from squad
Agreed. If I remove the I and the Arawn, it works fine. I believe Station Collision has something to do with it: The large and slow ships (I and Arawn) cannot get close enough to deliver its payload of marines.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 08:14

i think so
need to optimice the AI here on some points, maybe i should also add some status stuff

--
@Timianer
probably related to the bug CUEs not run after loading the savegame like intended (so nescessary maintain stuff won't processed) - official ES answer is still outstanding, first result of someone official is "can't replicatred, everything works fine"

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”