[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 16:05

thanks for reporting, add an update with wareentries for some missing CVs

at this update recycling got improvements:
- ships with care job should now recycle wrecked ships automaticly
- dropped cargo (near wreck) should collected too
- in case one or more cargoship(s) is docked at the recycling vessel -> cargo will transfered into them, so you may able to unload salvaged material without stopping ship at work, on the other hand this allow to extend cargospace of salvage vessel

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 17:13

Sorry Marvin, what do you mean by "care job"?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 20:10

If your vessel have enough welder drones and is not an fight-ship (like dedicated repairship) you may find repairservice piont behind more...
here you can start service the ship is repair other ships in zone/sector/system

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 23:46

So question about the salvage/recycle etc. I recovered a pair of I Mk3's but when they were rebuilt they only had Capital Field Generators and listed Force Field Projector 0 operational with 25 total. They never repair. I can't fix them in a shipyard. Engineer does nothing. Repair ship won't finish. They never re-arm so they're gunless. How do I fix that?
X.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Thu, 27. Sep 18, 03:57

I had a similar issue in that I ordered two Manticores to rearm at a shipyard. I watched (via the map) them dock, but I never got the message the repairs were complete. When I looked on the property menu, neither had any guns or force field projectors, both ships had undocked, and looking at them on the map they had lost their green ship icons and were just small blue Manticore-resembling shapes on the map. I did notice the NPCs that had been given the repair order were still busy (could not order additional ship for them to construct), but I did not try to issue my ships any orders.

I've lost the saves as I've downloaded updates and restarted my game.

Regards,
Thufar

Marvin Martian
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 27. Sep 18, 13:29

Don't know about Ship-Upgrade issues, have to investigate them. Was it an NPC or owned SY?

Gameupdate:
You have simple replaced the related Mod-Folders with the new(er)?

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Thu, 27. Sep 18, 23:25

My problem was with an NPC shipyard.

Thufar

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Fri, 28. Sep 18, 21:22

Hey Marvin, I noticed something else...

In my last game, while capping a capital ship, I blew the capital ship shields with a heavy laser, but the ship retained shielding (the blue line indicator). However, once that was worn down, shields didn't recharge as the generator(s) were blown. I'm noticing the same thing in my new game while using the kinetic accelerator.

It seems to me if the generator(s) is/are blown, there should be no shielding.

Regards,
Thufar

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 17:26

An addendum to the shield penetrating weapons and capital ship shields...

I was capping a Manticore today, and noticed same problem. However, when I destroyed weapons on the Manticore (and not the associated shields), the smaller shields were depleted and not recharging. During actual boarding process, when I was asked to destroy shield generators, they were easy to destroy with "conventional" weapons. Something seems backwards here.

Hope this helps,
Thufar

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 22:11

in my game shipyards are stuck with ships in dock (100% finished) but no captain , adding captain with save game edit fixes this but only for this ship , it happens quite often i found it 3rd time now in few days playing

pretty sure it happens when ship dock for upgrade or restock cos i just found minekron owned by SE in ROC shipyard blocking production cos no captain

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 10:57

there is some problem with cargo drones on repairship , when salvage wreck usually it collects its cargo alright but sometimes drones go crazy and teleport ( they too slow to make it other way ) to diffrent zones of sector and dont want to come back , repairships works ok without them ( i can see few drones being used on details list ) , can even jump but problem is when you want to trade/give away its cargo cos then its stuck waiting for drones forever , only solution i found is go destroy drones myself and dont use cargo drones on repair ship at all

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 17:20

How do you disable the consumption of resources in the shipyard? It says in the Wiki that you can, but it doesn't tell you how.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 30. Sep 18, 20:23

i think you call out a policeguy on a station and there is a menu where you can enable or disable stuff.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 07:56

wojtasior wrote:
Sun, 30. Sep 18, 10:57
there is some problem with cargo drones on repairship , when salvage wreck usually it collects its cargo alright but sometimes drones go crazy and teleport ( they too slow to make it other way ) to diffrent zones of sector and dont want to come back
i doesn't find any teleport stuff, do you use any additional mod stuff (like for combat AI or something else)?
the drones should dock instand if they are OOZ, thats vanilla behavior

Rickardus1701
x4

Post by Rickardus1701 » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 08:36

Noticing how in one of the developer blogs regarding X-4 Foundations, they've decided to opt for AI factions to have unlimited money in wallets with caps on daily spending scaling with the number of assets they own.

After looking at some of the issues reported with the game with factions running out of money stopping all expansion, perhaps it would be better to try the same approach, where money is no object for the AI, only available resources in order to build.

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 08:59

Marvin Martian wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 07:56
wojtasior wrote:
Sun, 30. Sep 18, 10:57
there is some problem with cargo drones on repairship , when salvage wreck usually it collects its cargo alright but sometimes drones go crazy and teleport ( they too slow to make it other way ) to diffrent zones of sector and dont want to come back
i doesn't find any teleport stuff, do you use any additional mod stuff (like for combat AI or something else)?
the drones should dock instand if they are OOZ, thats vanilla behavior
no mods with AI , i use this mod ( just it , no new areas/ships ) plus some graphic and UI only

xr reimagined
no stardust
less fog
enhanced money transfer
pimp my skunk
show skills
simooms galactic dress code
small sun dv
XR nebules
XR planets
observation deck with skunk
more crew
mej_improved object menu
encyclopedia
exploration light
capital ship bridge
station announcements
yisha in hiringfiring
bar music
craft virtual seminars
gimme more cloths
yorricksyisha

i got save if you wanna look , drones are ooz and oos even , in zone my ships did never fly to ( just scouted by me or scouts before )

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:43

well i found out way to "comm" missing drones ( captain - details - subbordinates - ships controled ) some wierd options appear , there is "dock ships" command (no reaction) and other than that its empty but you can use "more" to explore more emptyiness ... dunno it that means something tbh

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 03:33

I just noticed/realized something....

I was just going to order my two Manticores to strip the weapons off of an enemy Nux when I realized I no longer have the ability (as in CWIR) to order my squad to take out weapons, or engines, or launch pods. That sure was nice in CWIR. Is that a bug, or intentional? If intentional, any chance of persuading you to go back to the CWIR methods?

Regards,
Thufar

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 04:04

Wait isnt that part of the mod boarding option?

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 04:17

That's kind of what I was thinking, Jocan2003, but it's not in my game. is it in yours? For me, the fleet boarding just makes the squad ships fly to the target, unload boarding pods, and fly a safe distance away.

Thufar

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”