[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 9. May 18, 08:41

Thanks for reporting

next should be create some stations it seems like :S

about OOZ drone stuff, this is a vanilla bug because Egosoft not limit the number of drones per attack run, so ships with massive drones have a incredible high attack strengh

an usual way would be to use also drone-carriers for yourself :wink:

An workaround at economic issues can be to blueprint a Xenon Shippart production (Asteroid Base) and build the shipparts this way, because they use as primary ressources only stuff you can mine/collect

edit:
add small changes to "Civ Ship Parts Lot" and similar stations that smallship-productions is optional, so station can be used to produce hightech goods only

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Wed, 9. May 18, 17:59

I've been trying to export excess wares from Maelstrom to Omicron Lyrae using 2 warehouses but I can't get it to work. The tradestation network doesn't seem to be doing any trading beyond the system it's in and when using MitchTech Station Logistics the stocklevel changes that were introduced with the inclusion of tradestation network interferes (seems like it doesn't want to fill up the warehouse beyond the 20%-ish stocklevel).

Also a few things I've noticed during my current playthrough (getting close to 8 in-game days):
- (OOZ) Patrols in systems where Xenon are fairly active are useless. I've killed every single Xenon ship and station in Maelstrom and setup 2 patrols (both containing 1 Simakron, 1 Fulmekron Mk2 and 1 Minekron all of them equipped with drones and DO set to attack) in Blast Quarry guarding the jump gate. When I'm OOZ my ships will get taken out fast and when I'm IZ whatever Xenon ship comes through the gate gets destroyed within a minute with minimal damage to my ships. I guess it's similar to what vadiolive reported.

- Because the small trade ships no longer do system trading with the tradestation network inclusion most of the (AI) economies seem to be grinding to a halt on even the most basic wares (e.g. BoFu, refined materials, etc) while they are pretty much fully stocked in the producing sector(s).

- Changing the range on a trade ship and then setting it back to default doesn't reset the ship name (the small 'r' behind the name stays).

- Ordered a Taranis to board a (Xenon) station while being OOZ and the capsules were all flying in a straight line to no man's space. When I got back IZ the Taranis seemed to bail out of the boarding, the capsules despawned and the marines returned to the Taranis. Only tried this once though, so it might be a fluke.

- There's a lot of ramming going on during IZ combat between capitals (sometimes making the other ship uncontrollably float away at high speed for a couple of zones).

- It would be really nice if the CV contractor option would show what the final delivery would cost in a tooltip on the menu option.

- This is probably vanilla behavior but it really annoys me that when transferring wares between 2 ships both of them undock/fly away after the trade is done. ^^

Other than that, great mod! I'm a new player and after the campaign I went with NF as soon as I figured out there wasn't much happening in the galaxy. My apologies if I'm reporting stuff that are actually vanilla issues. :)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. May 18, 16:54

marceldev89 wrote: - It would be really nice if the CV contractor option would show what the final delivery would cost in a tooltip on the menu option.

:)
The real world does not work that way LOL!!!! Contractor's estimate are always well below the real cost!!!! :-) Where I live, if the contractor says he can build the extension in 2 months for USD$50k, prepare to fork out USD$100k, and move out of your house for 1 year!!

Sorry off-topics, but I can't resist!!!

Seriously, in my game, those red xenon ships in District 8 are starting to attack my stations and killed my trade ships!!!!! I wish to have a way to uncover their real identity, so that the government ships help me take them out!!!

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Thu, 10. May 18, 17:03

VincentTH wrote:The real world does not work that way LOL!!!! Contractor's estimate are always well below the real cost!!!! :-) Where I live, if the contractor says he can build the extension in 2 months for USD$50k, prepare to fork out USD$100k, and move out of your house for 1 year!!

Sorry off-topics, but I can't resist!!!
:lol:
VincentTH wrote:Seriously, in my game, those red xenon ships in District 8 are starting to attack my stations and killed my trade ships!!!!! I wish to have a way to uncover their real identity, so that the government ships help me take them out!!!
You can force those undercover ships to lose their cover by reducing their shields to about 20%.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. May 18, 19:05

marceldev89 wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
VincentTH wrote:Seriously, in my game, those red xenon ships in District 8 are starting to attack my stations and killed my trade ships!!!!! I wish to have a way to uncover their real identity, so that the government ships help me take them out!!!
You can force those undercover ships to lose their cover by reducing their shields to about 20%.
Problem is my game is young, and I only have 2 Taranis plus my starting ship Stronmvok (mostly used for boarding). The under cover Xenon fleets roaming District 08 is composed of 3 fleets x 4 I's (Mk1, 2 & 3) and a few K-dronecarriers, with more coming through the gate. I am no match for them. Was hoping that Marvin can add a mission to scan the ships to reveal their real identity!!!! I may lose a drone or 2, but not my small fleet!!!!

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Thu, 10. May 18, 22:37

1 - Carrier auto dock based in S/M hull its not WORK
2 - S/M Ships to weak based in price , increase hull and shield in 10x or 20x can make more effective
3 - For any reason everytime build one station its change ownership sector to me....any station
4 - some player HQ cost around 10 Billion to late game manage
because is realy painfull , i spend around 15-30min to board one station and more 5-10min to put crew their station , more 15-30min order ships and set up trades :)
5 - Board its pain in ass , like more old stly destroy station and rebuild outpost

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. May 18, 23:35

3 - For any reason everytime build one station its change ownership sector to me....any station
I believe it depends on whether the owner of the sector is a main race or a secondary race. In CWIR, the Argon/Xenon/DV/PMC/HOA/SS/TU/CAR/UA (may have missed a few) are the MAIN races. All others are secondary (WF, AE, LI etc...), i.e. if you or other main race place a station in a sector owned by a secondary race, then ownership is transfered to the main race owner.

I don't know if it works the same in NF, but I did run a test: In a sector formerly owned by AE (Concealed Hideout), I place a Mil outpost, but ownership remains in AE. In CWIR, ownership would be transfered to me.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 11. May 18, 05:28

@Marvin Martian,

There was a Xenon K-Freighter that was killed by my station defense. I brought a Ayosana in and the K-freighter was restored. The problem is, it has a freighter symbol/icon, but has armament and Storage bay of a K!!! (i.e. not a K-freighter). The Ayosana saw it as a K, not as a K-freighter!!!!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 13. May 18, 05:31

vadiolive wrote: 3 - I block my shipyards to accepty npc order but still take
I can verify this: The option not to allow NPC to build at my SY does not work.

Also, as the game progresses, there are too many "Universal Transport" in the game, averaging 40 or so per zone. The FPS is down to mid-teen, and make it impossible to do the advanced smalltalk for the training book!!!!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 13. May 18, 12:39

VincentTH wrote: I can verify this: The option not to allow NPC to build at my SY does not work.

Also, as the game progresses, there are too many "Universal Transport" in the game, averaging 40 or so per zone. The FPS is down to mid-teen, and make it impossible to do the advanced smalltalk for the training book!!!!
It seems to work for me. However, I still have a stuck NPC build from when this defaulted to Enabled a few versions ago.

It's a bit of a pain as my single L Sized Cradles has never been mine to control. First it started churning out NPC ships moments after I'd built it. I didn't even have resources at the time * so I had to load it up to clear the queue. It then started building another ship and it got stuck.

* Perhaps NPC building should only trigger if there are ample resources for the build to complete? I had to divert to start buying resources.

Since disabling NPC Builds, the addition L and XL Cradles I've built since have not built anything.

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 13. May 18, 15:15

Disable of NPC oders at your SY will stop adding new Orders, outstanding oders will processed anyway
Maybe a clear Queue could added, but here a compensation should be payed from you in my opinion :roll:

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 13. May 18, 16:48

Marvin Martian wrote:Disable of NPC oders at your SY will stop adding new Orders, outstanding oders will processed anyway
Maybe a clear Queue could added, but here a compensation should be payed from you in my opinion :roll:
Ah, so NPCs can queue their orders, but the player can't? That explains it!

OK, that works for me, I accept that! :-)

IMHO, something must be done about the FPS. It only affects the smalltalk, so in the old CWIR, I elected to reveal the skills of the NPCs on my stations, but now I forgot how I did that!!!!

Also something must be done about the number of undercover ships. In my game, they are everywhere, and attacking stations and ships randomly, while the local government ships do nothing!!! There must be a way to scan them to reveal their identity for better game play!!!!!

Also #2: Xenon Matrix 1 & 2 seem to do the same thing (have only 1 production for ShipParts)! I thought one of them also produces EC and Antimatter Cells in addition to ShipParts!!!!
Last edited by VincentTH on Sun, 13. May 18, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 13. May 18, 16:53

VincentTH wrote:Ah, so NPCs can queue their orders, but the player can't? That explains it!
at "copy" way you could also (always) add ship-orders to queue, also if they are disabled for NPCs (at your own SY and IMO NPC SY too)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 13. May 18, 16:58

Marvin Martian wrote:
VincentTH wrote:Ah, so NPCs can queue their orders, but the player can't? That explains it!
at "copy" way you could also (always) add ship-orders to queue, also if they are disabled for NPCs (at your own SY and IMO NPC SY too)
OK, thanks. Now I know what "Order" means.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 14. May 18, 18:50

@Marvin Martian

In my 5 day old game, the FPS has dropped from 60 at starting a new game to 15 in a 5-day old game.

I would like to reduce the number of trade ships, especially the "Universal Trader" that can be numbered over 40 (and doing absolutely nothing) at certain zones. Typical zones are Auspicious Excavation, Watergate, all Jump Beacon zones, and especially zones with gates.

Forgot to say that my game mode was initially at Normal, then changed to Hard as suggested in the readme.

Which file/config entry should I modify to cut down to 1/3 of the vanilla config? Should I drop the Difficulty back to Normal?

Thanks for the great work!!!!!

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 14. May 18, 23:47

remove the multiplier for higher difficult settings at trader-setup

an covered Ship should now uncovered with Skunk-Shipscan-mode (1-3?or4) if successful

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 15. May 18, 00:51

I need agre with that , even i love s/m ship its big waste engine resourcer

better reduce max you can and put L Rahanas ships since still fragile but much more usefull and burn alot less cpu power

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 15. May 18, 01:06

Marvin Martian wrote:remove the multiplier for higher difficult settings at trader-setup

an covered Ship should now uncovered with Skunk-Shipscan-mode (1-3?or4) if successful
Thanks, this mod is great!!!!

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Tue, 15. May 18, 01:31

Scanning works great, quite neat seeing the factions in the zone calling in reinforcements to take the Xenon ships out. :)

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 15. May 18, 16:52

add compatibility-extension for Extinguished Hope and make at DV Shipyards Smallship-productions as optional buildstep

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”