[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 4. May 18, 20:13

Marvin Martian wrote:in theorie yes
but need a mechanic if this is yours - as far you dock at the station (with skunk, the new AI should start and ships repaired)

@VincentTH
uncover of the Explorers or Miners is not directly supposed, but can add to todo list if you have scanned the ship at x0%

problem is in my opinion that the cover is not working if the Crew of a patrol have high skills :( so ACME trading finally not work as supposed - thats the reason why there are "real" Acme ships as classic Jobs again :shock:
Thanks. A mini-mission to scan the undercover ship to reveal its identity would add a lot to gameplay.

Also, in CWIR, when a ship is sold to a government, it would then join other government ships in patrol. In NF, they are doing nothing.
Also #2, when I sell a ship to a government, only the Captain and Engineer are installed, and no Defense Officer. I have to install a Defense officer to a ship in order to make it do something useful (I hope, not sure what the ship does after I sell them).

[EDIT] it does patrol Devries - if I install a Defense Officer before selling it.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 6. May 18, 03:22

@Marvin Martian

I built a Fedhelm in my own HoL SY, but did not get the ship. I got this message instead:

Construction of ACME Fedhelm in sector Molten Archon completed

I did not see my Fedhelm anywhere. The "ACME" stuff is probably because I was under cover, trying to get those "Jump drive components rare" in KToride.

So, if I build a ship while undercover, I pay for it, did not get the ship, but ACME does!!! LOL! (Sounds like real life here in California, USA :-) )

I can provide a save game if needed.

[EDIT] I subsequently built a Sanahar (Mineral) successfully (at the same SY), so building while under cover is the culprit.

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Sun, 6. May 18, 19:44

This mod looks great! Is it compatible with X Rebirth VR? I’m guessing it’s probably not but just thought I would make sure before giving up on it

Bawtzki
xr

Post by Bawtzki » Sun, 6. May 18, 22:44

Hi

I'd like to try out this mod and I'm just curious if any of the following mods conflict with it or are made obsolete by TNF's features:

AutoCrew
AutoTrain
Black Market Seminars
Capital Ship Bridge 4.30+
Craft Jumpdrive Coolant
Exploration Light
Faster Capital Ships
Faster Player Missiles
Fly-by Info Scan
Fly-by Lockbox
Fly-by Looting
Fly-by Repair
Fly-by Subscribe
Improved Object Menu
Secret Stash
Show Skills

JRYK
x4

Post by JRYK » Sun, 6. May 18, 23:08

rihsc102 wrote:This mod looks great! Is it compatible with X Rebirth VR? I’m guessing it’s probably not but just thought I would make sure before giving up on it
I play with XRVR and it looks work well. So,it may compatible with it.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 6. May 18, 23:08

Hi Bawtzki

They all work fine with my play i do not use the auto crew one though and have not noticed any issues though it's not to say you will Good luck.

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Sun, 6. May 18, 23:18

JRYK wrote:
rihsc102 wrote:This mod looks great! Is it compatible with X Rebirth VR? I’m guessing it’s probably not but just thought I would make sure before giving up on it
I play with XRVR and it looks work well. So,it may compatible with it.
Thanks I will give it a try!

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Mon, 7. May 18, 02:10

Bawtzki wrote:AutoTrain
NF includes something similar to AutoTrain but it seems to be way slower and doesn't give any feedback like AutoTrain does.
Bawtzki wrote:Faster Capital Ships
Seemed to work fine but NF adds a couple of new ships/engines that aren't configured by Faster Capital Ships so they are relatively much slower.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 7. May 18, 02:17

@Marvin Martian

I don't know if this is intended or not:

I have an HoL SY, and have turned on to allow NPC to build ships at the SY. However, I notice that AG has ordered a Lyramekron Mk2, something that I like to build too, but can't :-) Is this intended, or it is just a minor problem that I should just ignore it.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Mon, 7. May 18, 05:16

how recap some zone with xenom? i wipe out all enemy fleets , spend 20-30min aim their station and eventual i build command overwatch but still nothing change

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 7. May 18, 06:18

vadiolive wrote:how recap some zone with xenom? i wipe out all enemy fleets , spend 20-30min aim their station and eventual i build command overwatch but still nothing change
Use marine to capture their station, or, IIRC, in previous version CWIR, the Xenon station/outpost will be destroyed if you can bring its hull down to a certain percentage. For some station, you may have to go OOS for that to happen.

Clifffitir

Post by Clifffitir » Mon, 7. May 18, 16:09

VincentTH wrote:@Marvin Martian

I have an HoL SY, and have turned on to allow NPC to build ships at the SY. However, I notice that AG has ordered a Lyramekron Mk2, something that I like to build too, but can't :-) Is this intended, or it is just a minor problem that I should just ignore it.
They are using the special build feature. You can build any pre exsisting ship from the shipyard. Cant remember all the conditions. But think you need to have one owned in the zone and then can copy it with the shipyard

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 7. May 18, 16:12

Clifffitir wrote:

They are using the special build feature. You can build any pre exsisting ship from the shipyard. Cant remember all the conditions. But think you need to have one owned in the zone and then can copy it with the shipyard
The problem is, when it is stuck, the player does not know what component needed to build the ship is missing!!!

Clifffitir

Post by Clifffitir » Mon, 7. May 18, 22:14

VincentTH wrote:
Clifffitir wrote:

The problem is, when it is stuck, the player does not know what component needed to build the ship is missing!!!

If the ship is still not finished being built, its probably ship parts or ship weapons. Check and see what its out of. if its completed then its drones, and thats hard to tell what kind.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Wed, 9. May 18, 03:48

After fews days playing.....(include last update 12h ago)

Buglist

1 - i see severals Xenon ships belong to main factions even PMC
i guess its pirate ship , except dont sure if works rigth since ship not plunder or attack station or my stuffs or even be destroy correct or how works only way to this shipt react if put my ship in patrol mode if not ship stay there and eventual move to other zone but in overall do nothing

2 - Not see any faction make move to conquer or defend their territory except xenon keep advance in malestorm and theory wipe HV and RYK
but since HV and RYK station still there (keep lose my traders ship because this)

3 - I block my shipyards to accepty npc order but still take

4 - in early stage TER URV parts in Endgame Siera Trump bugged out with infinite drone to sell and buy infinite ship parts (i buy station with diplomacy and destroy after) dont happen anymore in any other station

Economy issues

Ploketov Generator
Refined metals
Silicon Warfarer
And Narcortics
Its awalys issue even build thousand station :) loop never end if you minds guys create new stations with more production modules and efficiency i guess? can be great

Combat issues

Drones.... in somewhere respawned TOR Drone Carrier hades K (or something like this) with full 500 overrun drone its near impossible to kill in OZ , i pick 2x bomekron in IZ to can clear this i believe drones need nerf in OZ

Something guys want i test?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 9. May 18, 08:41

Thanks for reporting

next should be create some stations it seems like :S

about OOZ drone stuff, this is a vanilla bug because Egosoft not limit the number of drones per attack run, so ships with massive drones have a incredible high attack strengh

an usual way would be to use also drone-carriers for yourself :wink:

An workaround at economic issues can be to blueprint a Xenon Shippart production (Asteroid Base) and build the shipparts this way, because they use as primary ressources only stuff you can mine/collect

edit:
add small changes to "Civ Ship Parts Lot" and similar stations that smallship-productions is optional, so station can be used to produce hightech goods only

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Wed, 9. May 18, 17:59

I've been trying to export excess wares from Maelstrom to Omicron Lyrae using 2 warehouses but I can't get it to work. The tradestation network doesn't seem to be doing any trading beyond the system it's in and when using MitchTech Station Logistics the stocklevel changes that were introduced with the inclusion of tradestation network interferes (seems like it doesn't want to fill up the warehouse beyond the 20%-ish stocklevel).

Also a few things I've noticed during my current playthrough (getting close to 8 in-game days):
- (OOZ) Patrols in systems where Xenon are fairly active are useless. I've killed every single Xenon ship and station in Maelstrom and setup 2 patrols (both containing 1 Simakron, 1 Fulmekron Mk2 and 1 Minekron all of them equipped with drones and DO set to attack) in Blast Quarry guarding the jump gate. When I'm OOZ my ships will get taken out fast and when I'm IZ whatever Xenon ship comes through the gate gets destroyed within a minute with minimal damage to my ships. I guess it's similar to what vadiolive reported.

- Because the small trade ships no longer do system trading with the tradestation network inclusion most of the (AI) economies seem to be grinding to a halt on even the most basic wares (e.g. BoFu, refined materials, etc) while they are pretty much fully stocked in the producing sector(s).

- Changing the range on a trade ship and then setting it back to default doesn't reset the ship name (the small 'r' behind the name stays).

- Ordered a Taranis to board a (Xenon) station while being OOZ and the capsules were all flying in a straight line to no man's space. When I got back IZ the Taranis seemed to bail out of the boarding, the capsules despawned and the marines returned to the Taranis. Only tried this once though, so it might be a fluke.

- There's a lot of ramming going on during IZ combat between capitals (sometimes making the other ship uncontrollably float away at high speed for a couple of zones).

- It would be really nice if the CV contractor option would show what the final delivery would cost in a tooltip on the menu option.

- This is probably vanilla behavior but it really annoys me that when transferring wares between 2 ships both of them undock/fly away after the trade is done. ^^

Other than that, great mod! I'm a new player and after the campaign I went with NF as soon as I figured out there wasn't much happening in the galaxy. My apologies if I'm reporting stuff that are actually vanilla issues. :)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. May 18, 16:54

marceldev89 wrote: - It would be really nice if the CV contractor option would show what the final delivery would cost in a tooltip on the menu option.

:)
The real world does not work that way LOL!!!! Contractor's estimate are always well below the real cost!!!! :-) Where I live, if the contractor says he can build the extension in 2 months for USD$50k, prepare to fork out USD$100k, and move out of your house for 1 year!!

Sorry off-topics, but I can't resist!!!

Seriously, in my game, those red xenon ships in District 8 are starting to attack my stations and killed my trade ships!!!!! I wish to have a way to uncover their real identity, so that the government ships help me take them out!!!

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Thu, 10. May 18, 17:03

VincentTH wrote:The real world does not work that way LOL!!!! Contractor's estimate are always well below the real cost!!!! :-) Where I live, if the contractor says he can build the extension in 2 months for USD$50k, prepare to fork out USD$100k, and move out of your house for 1 year!!

Sorry off-topics, but I can't resist!!!
:lol:
VincentTH wrote:Seriously, in my game, those red xenon ships in District 8 are starting to attack my stations and killed my trade ships!!!!! I wish to have a way to uncover their real identity, so that the government ships help me take them out!!!
You can force those undercover ships to lose their cover by reducing their shields to about 20%.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. May 18, 19:05

marceldev89 wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
VincentTH wrote:Seriously, in my game, those red xenon ships in District 8 are starting to attack my stations and killed my trade ships!!!!! I wish to have a way to uncover their real identity, so that the government ships help me take them out!!!
You can force those undercover ships to lose their cover by reducing their shields to about 20%.
Problem is my game is young, and I only have 2 Taranis plus my starting ship Stronmvok (mostly used for boarding). The under cover Xenon fleets roaming District 08 is composed of 3 fleets x 4 I's (Mk1, 2 & 3) and a few K-dronecarriers, with more coming through the gate. I am no match for them. Was hoping that Marvin can add a mission to scan the ships to reveal their real identity!!!! I may lose a drone or 2, but not my small fleet!!!!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”