[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 10:35

yea make this, then can i disable the show skills mod ^^
------

now.. after playing my third game round 3 weeks im seeing the biggest balancing problem.
the xenon stations cost far far too little , and they build only 3 or 4 types of stations.
xenon station for shipparts.. xenon knots for shipparts ,xenon knots for weapon shipparts and a shipyard and Drohnes production
evry of these stations costs only a hanfull shild generators
im seeing a vew zones with nothing other then xenon knotes ...
alone in "Mahlstrom" .. maybe 20 of them..

the xenon produces for almost 0 money.. with this knotes and the ACME fills their stations with goods if they don't send around their mining k's themselves.
In one sector are 2 ACME Mining Fulmecrons docked on an xenon station and 7 are waiting to dock... :roll:
in the other way ACME buys the xenon drohnes and sell them to the rest of the galaxy (i think so)

So ACME does nothing then transfering the money from all Factions to the xenon
the end of this is, that :
Xenon 488 Mrd (or billion)
AR 33 Mrd
JSS 12Mrd
PMC 16 Mrd
HoA 6 Mrd
Split 3 mio left.. only 2 ships (i must spend them ships.. so that they dont get under..^^ and clean ther secors out from xenons...ggrrrr)
and so long..

thats a realy balancing problem...
where other factions must build 15 stations for maybe 700 - 1mrd to became a shipyard and drohnes circle to run, can the xenon do this with less then 100 mio
in fact 2 they produce soo many shipparts with the help from ACME
they can buid their fighting ships nonstop with almost 0 costs.
-----------
i by myself have 5 shippart productions..
in 2 days im having 1mrd only from selling shipparts ...
not worth to think about how fast all factions are broke, except me and the xenon if this goes on at this rate and im build 10 more ^^

no no no.. there must be a way to make the shippart production more complex for the xenon.. and more expensive so that they dont buy out all other factions with the help from ACME.
not only one in all stations..
more expensive stations, more ressources to build stations so that they must pay and not only generate money.
this brakes completly the balance of the game after a while of playing.
----
you see the split in the list ?
no wonder that they go under..... there raptors and pythons are absolutley too weak and too expensive to stay near xenon with ther 22mio hull I's ^^
maybe you also change here a little bit

this is a devolpment thread so I like to pass my experiences on to you developers^^
thank you modders for reading :)
X:Rebirth: Zitat aus den Patchnotes 118
..A Whole Series Of Connected Problems ..
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 02:28

@Timianer

Sorry to disagree. The Xenons are machine, and despite their better production, I beat them with the brain!!!! :-)

In my game, they have been pushed out of Home of Light, and I am working on pushing them out of Toride and Omicron Lyrae

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 13:50

@Timianer
can you provide an Savegame of this run, please?
This would be very helpfull to have something from late game, as far i always under testing conditions and so my game does not grow more then a day

the Shippart-ware was the idea to make everything more compatible and speed up Shipproduction, where normally productions hang at a single hightech good
this also should allow to adjust the cash cow from SY-owner to part-production-owner

i don't know why this should a balancing problem when Xenon are a strong enemy, they should be a threat not anything you can bully

@VincentTH
there is no problem at my game to open detailmenue of this station, not at original owner, or when i build it by myself
a Save from your game my helpfull in this case too - thanks

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 17:06

Marvin Martian wrote:@Timianer
can you provide an Savegame of this run, please?
This would be very helpfull to have something from late game, as far i always under testing conditions and so my game does not grow more then a day

the Shippart-ware was the idea to make everything more compatible and speed up Shipproduction, where normally productions hang at a single hightech good
this also should allow to adjust the cash cow from SY-owner to part-production-owner

i don't know why this should a balancing problem when Xenon are a strong enemy, they should be a threat not anything you can bully

@VincentTH
there is no problem at my game to open detailmenue of this station, not at original owner, or when i build it by myself
a Save from your game my helpfull in this case too - thanks
OK, I have another case where bringing up the production screen hangs the game (for a few minutes), this time a Xenon Staton in OL.

Basically, I think how it happened:

Board and capture a station. Screen shows that all production are broken, and engineer fixes it up.
After a while production entry is up. However, clicking the button hangs the GUI.

I will find the save games and upload it.

Right after capture, production button not shown

After a while, production button is shown, but clicking it hangs the GUI (but it will time out)

I believe the only mods I have (other than NF) is the ShowSkill mod, and the Laser Swap mod by "pref".

The station in question is in OL:Solitude

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 10:59

hmm im also have the "show Skills" mod and the UI problem on this station.

same case.. shoot it down so that hte productions are destroyed and repair it tru an techni.
-------
Found a temporary fix . Alt+Tab out of the game and re tab in seems to close the invisible UI.. so are not hours of gaming lost, if this bug comes and you havent a actual save.
-------------
@ MM
Actual save im dosent have from the overpowered xenon ^^
last 2 days im run with 3 ArwanMk2 and a Remocron true Mahlstrom and HoL and destroy all xenon ships and stations on my way.

Mahlsrom is now completley cleaned and the rest of xenon stations is selled to AR and RYK.
If im directly boarding for an other faction its ignores, that this faction havent enough money so im try to make RYK great again ^^

it also works absolut fine to place an Defence station to the gate to Torride - Mahlstrom inside the KV place and add 2 Arwan mk2 to it..
it kills evry xenon that comes to this gate.. also if they are cloaked..
-------------------------------------------------------------
in one word
if you have enough money to buy round 10 Arwan MK2 to add them to the defece stations .. and 2 or 3 Defence stations at the gates (hoL, Mahlstrom-TOR and maybe one in Froststar gate)they take all the xenon ships alone out that leave TOR sector. Thats the way what im Doing, bevor wipe the rest out of HoL and Mahlstrom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
@MM 2
im boarding a Xenon URV station in Mahlstrom
(before im going to take out the rest of the xenon from mahlstrom and HoL)
after repairing of this station the Manager wants 488 Mrd to work :D
(if im remember right, the money that the xenon have befor)
i think this was also an bug..
after im destroying this station with the Destroy and Recycle Mod.. the xenon only have 43 Mrd left.... i think the "normal" money, that the xonon shuld have..
Was this the xenon mony bunker ? ^^
Maybe was the 488 MRD that xenon overall have bevor im destroing this station a bug .. and comes from ths station ?!
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 18:15

it seems the "UI problem" is related to (half?)destroyed productions, if the station got fixed, the UI have no problem anymore at my setup :S

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 19:34

You may want to also check the HOA pirate Shipyard in Epsilon Lowlands (in my save game posted earlier that is).

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 28. Jun 18, 11:46

i add a "Fix" for this UI problem, about any reason if the production is 0-35% Hull the UI get a problem, Fix is now to set hull higher if someone calls the Detailpage - yes sounds like a cheat, but alternitive would be to set a hard-min-hull value, but this make the station indestructable :shock:

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Thu, 28. Jun 18, 15:03

could be the herschel gift and tghe other mod required by NF linked in the first thread ?

had to reinstall the PC

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 28. Jun 18, 15:09

The Mods not required, everything, including the official DLC, are optional - because of that this Mod has so many parts

but i will add the Links into Thread and Readme

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Thu, 28. Jun 18, 19:02

thanks, i can't find those links in the thread

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 29. Jun 18, 12:11

links added to readme.txt

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 30. Jun 18, 08:38

@Marvin Martian

I have a weird boarding case:

I tried to board the ATL Ship Dock in Koride/Terminal Reflection.
My fleet took the hull down to 24%, then the station turns blue, but my ships have already started releasing pods, so I let it go (I normally would call off, then just claim the station if I can).
Low and behold, the station suddently change ownership to TerraCorps with rep -30!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I got a locked GUI, and the station shot me dead!

BTW, I own the entire Koride sector, (almost everything, except Sol Gate and First Step).

I will see if I can reproduce it.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 30. Jun 18, 11:48

If Station turns blue, i would assume you destroy the station, that make them ownerless

But about terran, i only can imagine that the maintainroutine that runs now regulary convert the station into that faction - but this should not before 24h after destruction :?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 30. Jun 18, 18:23

Marvin Martian wrote:If Station turns blue, i would assume you destroy the station, that make them ownerless

But about terran, i only can imagine that the maintainroutine that runs now regulary convert the station into that faction - but this should not before 24h after destruction :?
[FWIW] I replayed the boarding from just before the pods are released, but could not recreate the problem.

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Tue, 3. Jul 18, 11:50

Hm Hm Hm...
Im Playing a run without any DLCs to test what happens, if there are no Xenon cheat stations.
Seems that absolutley no faction becomes an economy to run...
there are rand full stations in OL in one Sector.. and other stations that need this ressources in another sector.. nobody trade with another

there are a 2 stations beside in one zone in DV.. a shiptech fab that need nvidium Cubes.. and a Cristall Fab 35km beside.. the dont trade with it and its rand full..

and so long
i seeing this in All sectores, at all Factions..

im Trying to spend ships to this stations.. but...
this ships flying away after a time.. swaps to an "Friend Faction" and do not stay at the spend stations....

its horrorble to se that nothing works, without support of ACME or Deepwater, the seemingly ship parts act galaxy-wide and now without xenon do not know what they are doing... they are doing nothing...

to bring some trade into the different,. universes I built warehousees and sold them to the different factions.
But that doesn't work either, because these warehouses becames no ships to buy and sell...
nothing works right anymore.
Is apparently everything designed for the xenon ship parts, which either the player or the xenon supplies the galaxy with ship parts.. alone not a single faction can do this.

All shipyards except those of Plutarch and HoL stand still 90% because ship part is lacking... as are most URV productions.

If I hadn't built a solar power plant in the shadow fog sector, there wouldn't be 1 factory producing there to this day, because they don't collect or get energy cells from the other sectors.
same with bofu..

hm hm hm...
i think the whole trading concept needs to be rethought or revised somehow.
Maybe the factions shuld build more big trading ships .. and not only this tiny ships.. but no.. if they have enough parts.. what do they do ?
Right. build the next fighting ship...

another example.. this dump Cristal factorys from NPCs in DV .. they have only 1 tiny trad ship that can handle Nividium cubes or crystal things...
one for all ...sell , buy trade.. but 2 for normal cargo.. thats also anoing...
And ACME in DV dosent handle Nividium Cubes ^^ so all stands^^

even AR and JSS with their 100th ships can't keep up their economy halfway... not even their basic needs bofu and energy they trade across sector borders...

a tragedy

That the economy doesn't work at all is only noticed when you don't have the xenon cheat stations in-game.

Have you never tested it?
------------------------------
Other thing...
You say, that factions build ther ships at the closest friend shipyard...
ähm.. no
they bild, where they can build...
so build RYK at PMC or HoL or DV shipyard.. the longest way ever...
but the only shipyards that halfway works with my support...
there own in OL from JSS or AR all stands.. since days ^^

why ? no bufu or energy in the shippart productions ^^ hahaha

so much to... the ship parts should ensure that production is faster and production does not stop when only 1 raw material is missing.
The whole idea is chees... because the normal ship part production needs 8 resources to work... the factories that make these 8 more 8 etc...
so the whole idea is obsolete...

the only ones who really benefit from it would be the xenon, because they have all in one stations.
if you take these stations out of the game without DLCs (so my test) it almost doesn't work anymore.

how can it solved ?!
hmm
1.give us a way to spend ships to the Manager of an NPC station .. maybe its helps..
2. NPC factions shuld have ther own Galaxy (not unverse) wide trading ships.. maybe all 3 stations they must build one.. if one lost they must build another.. so that all these still standing stations have a chance to buy and sell ther wares to other factorys that are waiting...
3. NPC favtions shuld relay only build there ships in there shipyards..

can not be, that Factions thieves the ressources from other "friend" faction by simply using their shipyrds and so constantly blocking the shipyards for the NPC owner faction.

only my 2 cents to the test...
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Tue, 3. Jul 18, 23:59

Timianer wrote:thx i will try it.
Must here be an second Marine Officer on the ship im want to trasfer the marines ?
and yes i have also stations that im want to destroy or sell (some outposts) but no way ^^
---------
@spccasey
i hope you have blocked shipparts for NPCs on your Shippard producktion
NPCs buying also for max price.. they all yearn for it.
and
check the sell and the buying prices at your stations.
if your urv station buy's all of your production take the buying prices down and the price on shippyard up.
or set both prices , URV and Shipyard to absolut the same.

I been stop selling my shipparts to other factions. I set both stations that produces them to non trade. They still wont transfer the ship parts to my SY. They will trade ship weapons with my SY though. I have over 200 ship weapons at my SY.

by the way.. the Xenon Shippard production pruduces realy slow.
im must build 3 of this things to feed one URV and one shippyard .
2 are completly NPC blocked and on is open for all as an "reserve" for my buying ships and money making.
-----------
@ MM
i have viewed in the maps universe file.
is this correct that there are mostly 3 buildspots for players and 4 for NPCs per zone ?
that means, that ... if an npc faction build 4 stations in my ownend zones they can ever overtake it ?
hmm..
and 2.
buying and selling stations is.. there a bug ?
i thing.. if i want to buy a station from an other faction the drohnes, rockets, cargo and police ships count to the price...
if im sell the same station its not count... so its result..
im buying an .. maybe Solar Factory for 380 mio and can sell it to the same faction for... 33 mio ? ^^ hahahahaha
realy baaaaadddd business ^^
the whole universe thinks .. Ren Otani is an idiot ^^
I've been blocked ship parts on both my production plant. They still wont grab them. I'm now having problems with my small bulk ships not transporting anything that my station needs that required items that are classified as bulk. They just fly around. Some of them are docked at their assigned station and wont leave.

The station that produce microchips requires metal plating (bulk). My station that produces the metals, the stations small bulk transporter on both stations wont transport them. so now I have no microchips, ship parts, clueless transport ships, and lacking 2 other products that is crucial to my economy. My shipyards are at a halt. Shipyards across the galaxy are at a halt. Wares that are crucial to every station I have is not being transported. Each station is missing 1 or 2 products that it needs to produce that other stations are holding onto.

Another thing that is pissing me off is my trade station. I selected wares that I wanted to store into it and selected buy. I even assigned the station a L trade ship. 45 min goes by and its still empty. He doesn't even ask for a budget.

Overall, I have a useless trade station, Half built ships, useless stations that is holding onto certain produced products, and useless small bulk trade ships that doesn't want to transport anything. Been having this problem since I built my 2nd station.

The economy is broken. The crazy thing is, if I set my products to sell to other factions, they will quickly sell them to other factions. I don't get it. When I restrict it, they still wont trade with own stations.

If anybody knows any mods that can have an conflict with this mod, please tell me.

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Wed, 4. Jul 18, 10:44

yea the economy is brocken.
in my game it seems, that noone trades water.
so im build a water factory.. aannddd...... nothing...
the station fills up... but my 2 cargo ships dosent want sell water although prices are everywhere at +66

so i tested 3 houers around with diferent ships.. nothing..
so im set a new manager at the station and now it works.

i think it comes so :
if im build an station and a manager is present, before the saddleliet bowl is build the station sells nothing.
Also if the saddleiet bowl is build and im switching from zone to sector to system its dosent work.
seems that the game ignore the setting, if an manager present before im build the bowl
only after I built the bowl and put a new manager after building the bowl on the station the station started to sell

if this also with all from NPC build stations .. i hope that this isnt so....
then nothng works anymore.. nobody sells by itsells.. only sells if an other station sends ships to buy.
Damm i hafe an Water list ingame from buing and selling that reads:
buy +66 round 20 times
Sell -66 round 15 times..
all Water :roll:

i have also checked, if NPC stations have there trading ships. Yes they have there tiny trad ships..

the only 2-3 mods im use are
show Skills
Fly by subscribe
and realy rare the Station destroy or recycle mod.
The Cwir Mod version is 5-7 days old...
(yeah my battle ships shoot stations -haha- this runs very good ^^ but the economy runs out..;) )

Have Fun ^^ happy beta testing ;)
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 4. Jul 18, 11:27

spccasey wrote:Another thing that is pissing me off is my trade station. I selected wares that I wanted to store into it and selected buy. I even assigned the station a L trade ship. 45 min goes by and its still empty. He doesn't even ask for a budget.
but you have give the Manager some Mio of Cr meanwhile?? otherwise from what money he should pay the material
and Old XR logic, if you change your warelist, best do new assign the traders (or use "Captain->jobchange", in theorey the trader should update his warelist himself, but this is the better way)
i think you have checked your Station range, this is a common problem too sometimes

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Wed, 4. Jul 18, 18:38

Timianer wrote:yea the economy is brocken.
in my game it seems, that noone trades water.
so im build a water factory.. aannddd...... nothing...
the station fills up... but my 2 cargo ships dosent want sell water although prices are everywhere at +66

so i tested 3 houers around with diferent ships.. nothing..
so im set a new manager at the station and now it works.

i think it comes so :
if im build an station and a manager is present, before the saddleliet bowl is build the station sells nothing.
Also if the saddleiet bowl is build and im switching from zone to sector to system its dosent work.
seems that the game ignore the setting, if an manager present before im build the bowl
only after I built the bowl and put a new manager after building the bowl on the station the station started to sell

if this also with all from NPC build stations .. i hope that this isnt so....
then nothng works anymore.. nobody sells by itsells.. only sells if an other station sends ships to buy.
Damm i hafe an Water list ingame from buing and selling that reads:
buy +66 round 20 times
Sell -66 round 15 times..
all Water :roll:

i have also checked, if NPC stations have there trading ships. Yes they have there tiny trad ships..

the only 2-3 mods im use are
show Skills
Fly by subscribe
and realy rare the Station destroy or recycle mod.
The Cwir Mod version is 5-7 days old...
(yeah my battle ships shoot stations -haha- this runs very good ^^ but the economy runs out..;) )

Have Fun ^^ happy beta testing ;)
I changed managers and reassign the ships. Nothing still works. I have microchips on one station waiting to be picked up. I have over 8,000 on the station and they're not even picking them up. In my property screen, every single station is missing resources and is at a halt. Each one of those stations has products in its storage that other stations needs while those stations has products that the other station needs. [/quote]

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”