[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trup2
x4

Post by Trup2 » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 18:26

In few day's i dive deep into XR XML files, and now want to tell that modding egosoft game is awesome, it's really not so hard to understand and change there script's mechanic (basic at least)

I combined few mod's and remove zone highways (thx Realspace), tweak ship's speed to make them travel without road's based on Realistic thrust mod but rewrite it by myself opinion, then i rebalance all fighter weapon (more range for primary and huge damage boost to rocket's) and capital turret's (fix plasma and beam so they can't hit small target's so easy)

Know it's really more fun when 4-5 reaver's fighter's deal a real threat to my trade ship's and 20 of them can kill SUL =)

But back to thread:

1. I was scouting reaver's hidout in devris system but there shipyard can produce only big ships, and there economy is very bad (all station run out of resources in 5 hour's) were they take supply? and how they produce fighters?

2. ACME corp, who are they?

3. I changed prices of ship part's in wares list so they become utlra profit, but npc still don't like them...no one want to trade them even if it gives 1000% profit. What can be wrong?

4. Reavers still spawn in empy heart sector when player in zone, killing one group and there spawn more, and so to evernity =(((

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 10:31

in cwir when boarding a ship, allies and neutral stop firing, it is not the case anymore.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 11:31

hull of boarding target neet to be max 70% or lower to get removed from targets list, but this was similar in CWIR as far i remember

i will see to force all capitals into target-update at start of boarding

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Mon, 27. Nov 17, 14:34

i think it has stopped to work since beta 4.22 (also in cwir classic)

also other mods like faster boarding or bording options does not work since 4.22 and more

it was ok with the first beta.

Something maybe adjustable, balors firing when troopers are flying to the target, and the explosiion kills all the troopers close to the impact.

It would be nice if by "target-update at start of boarding" means attacks stop at troopers launch and fly to target, instead of starting when troopers are all inside ?

would it be like that ?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 28. Nov 17, 18:41

the boardingscript of NF should work in 4.22

still fired torpedos can't stopped without much cheat-magic, so this won't happend at the moment

the process is right now that as far a boarding is in progress the ships should stop shooting if the hull is below 70%
to get all allies "informed", best start your boardingprocess after target have less then 70% hull, so all should stop attacking asap (without garantie, it always take some seconds)
the problem could now: your ships won't shoot back about defence AI, but captains-AI will still get close to the enemy and taking damage (or take the enemy fire if intended) so send them away before they get to much

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 10:25

Marvin Martian wrote:the boardingscript of NF should work in 4.22

still fired torpedos can't stopped without much cheat-magic, so this won't happend at the moment

the process is right now that as far a boarding is in progress the ships should stop shooting if the hull is below 70%
to get all allies "informed", best start your boardingprocess after target have less then 70% hull, so all should stop attacking asap (without garantie, it always take some seconds)
the problem could now: your ships won't shoot back about defence AI, but captains-AI will still get close to the enemy and taking damage (or take the enemy fire if intended) so send them away before they get to much

Hello MM, it does't seems to work,
boarding in devries (allied +13) a stromvock, some cap ship out of range came to attack the ship while it was 46 % hull (not surface elements left) and troopers already on board.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 15:16

to be sure, you are IZ at this moment,
or did you watch this from another zone on map?

have you other mods active? (especially fight-/boarding-related)

Trup2
x4

Post by Trup2 » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 17:46

Thx for your work,

after last update ship part's trade start working good! 8)

Any info about why reaver's still spawn from air?

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 03:44

How is this mod coming along? Is Mr. Blackrain still interested in this?
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 00:23

I found Marvin Martians Alpha link on page 6 and am giving this a whirl. I'm enjoying discovering the new ship types from Marvin's ship mod in addition to seeing more npc stations go up. I'm worried about station spam, as mentioned in other posts, but interested to see how the universe develops.

I really hope development on this mod continues!
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 11:30

wohoe mod update :)

Aszrayel
xr

Post by Aszrayel » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 03:13

I just recently found out about this. I really love the concept of the mod; looking forward to it!

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Thu, 28. Dec 17, 12:42

Just like with CWIR, I think you guys are outdoing yourself. I have not had the time to try this one, but CWIR is the only way to play X:R in my opinion.
I'm pumped this project is still alive and kicking!

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 13:50

Hi BlackRain

I have mentioned this in other threads about station builds.

As you are making this new mod maybe you will consider this a full all in one build.

At present we ask the architect to build one section at a time, and my idea is the we have the option of asking the architect to build the station complete in one go as long as your money will allow.

Maybe the option of 25%-100% builds again funds allowing.

Plus a set amount of drones for stations with quantity options in the build menu without assigning these after or during build.

After all you won't want a house built one wall at a time only to be asked what to build next.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 15:56

JESS 246 wrote:Hi BlackRain

I have mentioned this in other threads about station builds.

As you are making this new mod maybe you will consider this a full all in one build.

At present we ask the architect to build one section at a time, and my idea is the we have the option of asking the architect to build the station complete in one go as long as your money will allow.

Maybe the option of 25%-100% builds again funds allowing.

Plus a set amount of drones for stations with quantity options in the build menu without assigning these after or during build.

After all you won't want a house built one wall at a time only to be asked what to build next.
That's already implemented in cwir actually.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 16:22

iforgotmysocks wrote:That's already implemented in cwir actually.
NF is in most parts based on cwir so this function is also available here

@JESS 246
building a station as a single step is IMO about the gameengine not possible, you need to follow the build tree as provided, but like iforgotmysocks already say, you can give the order to a contractor and let them do this work for you

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 19:35

Hi iforgotmysocks

I have cwir and there is no total build anywhere in the game as i've mentioned and i still have to build module by module and stock up on drones separately.

Unless i'm doing something wrong with cwir or the mod is not working for me i can't see how or where the actions are for a total station build.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 19:47

JESS 246 wrote:Hi iforgotmysocks

I have cwir and there is no total build anywhere in the game as i've mentioned and i still have to build module by module and stock up on drones separately.

Unless i'm doing something wrong with cwir or the mod is not working for me i can't see how or where the actions are for a total station build.
BlackRain wrote:CWIR Version 1.7 Beta changelog

1) Added new feature "contractor". Hire a contractor to take care of building a station for you! Will build all modules and surface elements.
You WILL NOT have access to the station until it is done and building the station may take a long time, keep that in mind! Also, remember, you must have the credits in your personal account to purchase the entire station when it is done or else the station will be sold to someone else! This could also be used to have factions obtain new stations if you intentionally do not put money in your account when it is done.
Comes even with the option to equip drones, ammo and some starting goods for immediate production.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 21:40

Thanks iforgotmysocks

I had missed the contractor bit though i had not seen a contractor in crew listings will look again into this.

Hope you get this new mod up & running soon by the looks of it, Awesome don't do it justest enough.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 22:15

JESS 246 wrote:I had missed the contractor bit though i had not seen a contractor in crew listings will look again into this.
It's not an actual npc. If u send ur CV's architect to build a station u'll have the option to do it via contractor after selecting the station.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”