[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 20:58

Marvin Martian wrote:add an update with some improvements, also includes option to switch back to player-commands at Exploration and Salvation-Jobs

@spccasey
in difficult easy or hard+ the SY should cheat some of the required ressources to prevent buildstops, so you can solve smaller problems with use of this mechanic for a while

i think without shipparts the problems can be much greater, because at lack of the right weapon-turrets the ship never can build at another SY and the order-routine does not much care about yet :roll:
Well I'm in dead water with ship parts. I have it on normal mode. Every ship yard is at a halt. I cant even get a ship built for mining for my ship parts station. Also, my shipyard wont take more than 4 ship parts at a time. I have 40 in my trade ship and my shipyard keeps on asking for 4 even though my stock is set at 400. I have 4 ship parts at the SY and construction of another faction ship keeps on stopping.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 21:47

Another question...

I'd like to build a Shipyard as my first station - likely an Argon one - yet the Argon CV does not have it listed. I thought this might be accessed via another method, so I've got an Architect on board, but chat options are greyed out. I'm sure I'm missing something, could someone guide me please?

Note: is there a FAQ yet for things like this? I appreciate it's very early days for this mod, but it might help us test things a little easier.

Edit: I'm docked at an Argon Shipyard, I comm my Architect, select "Special Construction" but all options are greyed out - I'm guessing Set Blueprint to is the one I might need?

Cheers,

Scoob.

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 01:26

Also, I have lostsector MOD installed but it said that its missing. I don't see how.
Another mod I'm having problems finding is Herschels Gift. Where can I find it? DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND HERSCHELS GIFT MOD?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 02:59

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 09:24

Scoob wrote:Note: is there a FAQ yet for things like this? I appreciate it's very early days for this mod, but it might help us test things a little easier.

Edit: I'm docked at an Argon Shipyard, I comm my Architect, select "Special Construction" but all options are greyed out - I'm guessing Set Blueprint to is the one I might need?
from Readme

Code: Select all

* Building own Shipyard and Unique Stations
	A CV can build also not predefined Stations, here you must first get the Station blueprint!
** get blueprint: You need a Architect (and in case a Engineer) at the Skunk, then you have a Conversation option (with the Architect) if you are docked at a Station (the Blueprint you want)
	-- at relation Member (>25) you get it for free
	-- at relation Friend, you need to pay a fee
	-- at relation neutral, you can steal the blueprint: but here you need a good skilled Architect and Engineer to have only a small chance, if your heist will discovered the station come hostile for up to 24h
** preset blueprint at a CV: 
	-- you need the CV (or more then one if you like) in your Squad at the local Zone. 
	-- Talk to your Skunk-Architect and select the Station you want to build (if you have blueprints), then set the Blueprint to all or only a selected CV.
	-- Use CV like always, with selection of a buildspot, or order to build at a Zone by talking to Architect - Then you can use the regular Stations the CV do build (top-left), or you can Order the "Special Blueprint" if preset (option left and right of menu) left-option build only the base Station as always, right will directly continue after each step and build the station up to max
you need first get the blueprint, then order this to one of your CV and then send the CV to build this station

@spccasey
i do not see any issue at lostsectors, try to open
lostsectors/content.xml (with any text editor like notepad), second line should the ID

<content id="lostsectors" ..... version="126" .....
if not, let me know and anyway, check your version of lostsectors, actual is 1.2.6 maybe you use an older version

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 10:18

JESS 246 wrote:Hi spccasey.

Try this
Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s%21Al2rkHPxxl13gRNzQBIynxe4F83M
I installed that gift mode but all the names of zones, sectors ships etc. are wrong, something like INPUT_BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

very long, I think its because the mode is in german and I play with english languange

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 10:42

download the Mod again from link above, the Author updated the Mod Wednesday with english-dafault Phrases

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 13:09

Hi Marvin, any chanse to realise this blueprint mechanics for ships on player shipyard? Or it already realised and i missed it?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 13:25

for Ships it is possible to clone a local-sample vessel long ago

the problem without use of "Shipparts"-Mod is that in case you need turrets that not regular in use at the CloningSY, they won't ordered and you might take care for yourselfe to deliver required material

but in theorie an addoption of this Station-Architect-Mechanic to Shiptraders might possible, but isn't scheduled yet

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 13:41

It from baskets of sy tradeoffers and npc traders i think.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 13:50

??? Baskets have no relation to this i think

the SY buys whats from Buildmodule required based on available-macros the buildmodul have, but the difference of CV and SY behavior is in buying wares - Architects buy only whats required for actual actions, SY have a based on Buildmodul-defaults Storagetarget and doesn't take care of whats really required
if no plasmaturret is required for any regular possible ship, the shipyard won't ever buy this thing, also if you inject a macro and let him buy

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 13:58

But npc trader can trade only wares from his basketlist?

If you add bp of ol ship to al shipyard it cannot buy specific ol stuff for that ship?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 14:19

KrYcHokE wrote:But npc trader can trade only wares from his basketlist?

If you add bp of ol ship to al shipyard it cannot buy specific ol stuff for that ship?
for example
if you add no entry at ware for the local buildmethod "omicron" they will use "default"
so if you add an Xenon-macro with only designed to build at XenonSY (so you use default) and this needs Ore, the OL-shipyard will (try) buy ore if the macro is registered in the regular-macro list
but if you inject the xenon-ship-macro (with my method) and force them this way to build this ship, they will need ore to build, but do not buy/trade this ware(s) :o
at your own SY you can simple deliver, or with NF add the ware as tradeware in case (and also if you have storage for)
for this reason and with view of more efficence at SY we switch to shipparts that will build in factories and should be universal used for each productionscenario

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 14:24

Marvin Martian wrote:
Scoob wrote:Note: is there a FAQ yet for things like this? I appreciate it's very early days for this mod, but it might help us test things a little easier.

from Readme

* Building own Shipyard and Unique Stations
	A CV can build also not predefined Stations, here you must first get the Station blueprint!
** get blueprint: You need a Architect (and in case a Engineer) at the Skunk, then you have a Conversation option (with the Architect) if you are docked at a Station (the Blueprint you want)
	-- at relation Member (>25) you get it for free
	-- at relation Friend, you need to pay a fee
	-- at relation neutral, you can steal the blueprint: but here you need a good skilled Architect and Engineer to have only a small chance, if your heist will discovered the station come hostile for up to 24h
** preset blueprint at a CV: 
	-- you need the CV (or more then one if you like) in your Squad at the local Zone. 
	-- Talk to your Skunk-Architect and select the Station you want to build (if you have blueprints), then set the Blueprint to all or only a selected CV.
	-- Use CV like always, with selection of a buildspot, or order to build at a Zone by talking to Architect - Then you can use the regular Stations the CV do build (top-left), or you can Order the "Special Blueprint" if preset (option left and right of menu) left-option build only the base Station as always, right will directly continue after each step and build the station up to max
you need first get the blueprint, then order this to one of your CV and then send the CV to build this station

@spccasey
i do not see any issue at lostsectors, try to open
lostsectors/content.xml (with any text editor like notepad), second line should the ID

<content id="lostsectors" ..... version="126" .....
if not, let me know and anyway, check your version of lostsectors, actual is 1.2.6 maybe you use an older version
I followed the steps in getting blue prints. I'm currently docked at argon SY with 2 CV nearby, an engineer, and architect on my skunk. I called my engineer and there is no option to get a blue print. The same with my architect. No option to steal or anything and my relat with the argon gov is +5.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 14:40

spccasey wrote:I followed the steps in getting blue prints. I'm currently docked at argon SY with 2 CV nearby, an engineer, and architect on my skunk. I called my engineer and there is no option to get a blue print. The same with my architect. No option to steal or anything and my relat with the argon gov is +5.
Docked at Station of Blueprint you want
-> Enter-7-1 talk to the Architect sitting at the Skunk -> 1 "Special Construction" -> option 5(mid right) can be possible for steal, but if your Architect and Skunk-Engineer isn't 5Star the Station came hostile for sure

for testing better grab a blueprint from your own station or any friendler faction

then set Blueprint at 4 (topright) and send to CV by 1or2 (topleft/midleft)

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 15:11

Marvin Martian wrote:
spccasey wrote:I followed the steps in getting blue prints. I'm currently docked at argon SY with 2 CV nearby, an engineer, and architect on my skunk. I called my engineer and there is no option to get a blue print. The same with my architect. No option to steal or anything and my relat with the argon gov is +5.
Docked at Station of Blueprint you want
-> Enter-7-1 talk to the Architect sitting at the Skunk -> 1 "Special Construction" -> option 5(mid right) can be possible for steal, but if your Architect and Skunk-Engineer isn't 5Star the Station came hostile for sure

for testing better grab a blueprint from your own station or any friendler faction

then set Blueprint at 4 (topright) and send to CV by 1or2 (topleft/midleft)
I tried that and no options on getting blue prints. Under special construction you have send blue print to, selected [none], set blueprint at all [0] and option to go back. Those first 3 options I labeled are not highlighted and cannot interact with them.

jlvitorasso
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 05:29

Hi Marvin.
I just found this mod and so far im having fun with it, good job!
One quick question. I want to confirm if the advanced jumpdrive is working as intended. On my save all ships are performing vanilla jumps, even with 5-stars crew. Tried both jump options ( gates and sectors ) and no result.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 11:21

at last i see no issue :?

do you have any alternative command stuff like UTCaC or Tradersoftware that doesn't use default move.jump?

@spccasey
docked at a station at Special Construction you have Option 5
then call again, afterwards if you have the blueprint get, take 4 (or to change the stationtype)
then if you have CVs with architects and they stay also in your zone you can send the Blueprints to these Architects

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 12:25

That's the problem. I'm docked at a station and called up my architect and went to special construction. Option 5 is not available. It's just a blank space. Tried multiple stations and I get the same result.

Do you know if another other mods I have might be interfering or should none of them have a direct impact?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 12:48

spccasey wrote:That's the problem. I'm docked at a station and called up my architect and went to special construction. Option 5 is not available. It's just a blank space. Tried multiple stations and I get the same result.

Do you know if another other mods I have might be interfering or should none of them have a direct impact?
This is the exact thing I'm seeing, hence my original query. I have no Option 5 showing, and all other options (other than "back" on that menu) are greyed out.

I noticed there's been a few updates since I last tried a couple of days ago, so I will download, apply and test again.

Edit: I just applied the latest files on GitHub and tried again. However, while there is now an Option 5 visible ("add actual Stations Blueprint") it's greyed out.

Scoob.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”