No drones on Teladi Foundry

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JESS 246
x3

No drones on Teladi Foundry

Post by JESS 246 » Wed, 22. Feb 17, 19:36

Hi Techies

I've just finish building a Teladi Foundry and as always the upkeep messages asks for 5 cargo drones (why 5 why not a maxi amount of 50+) but there is no way it will take any drones for use ie no cargo/construction etc and the manager wont supply any or ships wont transfer any they can store them as wares.

I have tried all i can and not sure if this effects any other Teladi station haven't got around to build others.

Any help please.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 22. Feb 17, 20:03

Moving to the main forum, since it may be a gameplay issue.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 00:28

Jess, there isn't a Teladi Construction Vessel in the vanilla game. Please state up-front any mods you're using when asking for help.

In this case it sounds like there could be an issue with the mod(s) as it is quite possible Egosoft did not add player-related code for NPC-only stations.

Please ask for support in the mod-creator's thread/Steam Workshop page etc.

If you see this issue with player-buildable stations in the vanilla game, please let us know.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 00:51

There's no point to equipping stations with max cargo drones anyway: the stations will never use that number. Maybe 40 for stations requiring bulk goods/gas/liquid in serious amounts, but otherwise 20 works out just fine for both importing & exporting
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 01:40

Hi Sparky Sparkycorp

Sorry forgot i am using a mod that allow extra CV's and Teladi station construction but also i've brought CV's from the Teladi outpost shipyard and built from them in the past.

I Had gone into Teladi space but no matter what station I try to deal with trading wares no problem but cant give drones yes i did check was there space for them but as in most stations data info there's a drone inventory line i've notice there none in any Teladi stations.

It maybe my end but without mods and using the Teladi game start i should have no issue and yes there is all stations in Teladi space have no drone inventory.

I wondered if this is related to 4.10 rc1 has the last time i went into Teladi space was before 4.00 and had no issues then and now after 4.00 i'm getting this issue.

Understood Snafu.x3

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 10:17

Even if you were not using a mod that added construction vessels, it is important to state if you're using any mods at all because they can break games in ways that are not obvious from their intended behaviour.
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote: Please ask for support in the mod-creator's thread/Steam Workshop page etc.
If anyone can reproduce the observation of drone usage/storage being different in Fields Of Opportunity stations in 4.10 RC1 compared to 4.00, please create a thread in the Public Patch/Beta forum ASAP.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”